BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

If you read the article he also claimed himself that he was a drunken idiot. Like I said, I'm just intrigued as to whether you would want him in your team.

You're not intrigued at all. You described it as no surprise so that you can have yet another pop at English cricket. If you want a sensible answer, ask a sensible question and not some more of your bitter, pathetic propaganda disguised as a question.

Around a shisha pipe by any chance Blue n white rover?

No Theno, in my lounge if you must know.

You're not intrigued at all. You described it as no surprise so that you can have yet another pop at English cricket. If you want a sensible answer, ask a sensible question and not some more of your bitter, pathetic propaganda disguised as a question.

Please don't make assumptions on what I think or do not think. If you have nothing constructive to add to this debate then please do not post. Thank you.

Ban him. It is obvious that he will continue trolling until he receives a lifetime ban. Please oblige him, although he will probably return like a bad penny under another name.

• Moderation Lead

No Theno, in my lounge if you must know.

Please don't make assumptions on what I think or do not think. If you have nothing constructive to add to this debate then please do not post. Thank you.

Oh the irony. You really are a brilliant advert for birth control.

Oh the irony. You really are a brilliant advert for birth control.

I admit winding people up on here prior to my warning. Since then I have stopped and would like an opinion on a ex-drunk that has been selected by England, which for me could play a pivotal role in the upcoming Ashes series.

Only Jim has had the decency to construct a good enough response to the debate and if you ask me, you guys are just clogging up the thread with drivel, so please stop.

Just seen Clarke has been ruled out for the India series. Shame as I was looking forward to seeing him play against the best team in the world. Hopefully he'll be fit for the Ashes series. A great captain.

India aren't the best team in the world - that accolade belongs to South Africa with England second and India third.

And Clarke is not a great captain - his record proves that. He's also just got stuffed this summer 3-0.

You're being silly again.

And Clarke is not a great captain - his record proves that. He's also just got stuffed this summer 3-0.

You're being silly again.

The way his team performs is not down to him. He made some brilliant decisions in the Ashes series and with a better team around him, the contest would have been a lot closer. I enjoy watching him bat and always enjoy his decision making. I'd say he's better than the over cautious Cook.

I admit winding people up on here prior to my warning. Since then I have stopped and would like an opinion on a ex-drunk that has been selected by England, which for me could play a pivotal role in the upcoming Ashes series.

Only Jim has had the decency to construct a good enough response to the debate and if you ask me, you guys are just clogging up the thread with drivel, so please stop.

Just seen Clarke has been ruled out for the India series. Shame as I was looking forward to seeing him play against the best team in the world. Hopefully he'll be fit for the Ashes series. A great captain.

Come of it South Africa are by far the best team in the world. The BCCI know that hence why they are messing CSA about and scared to play a 3 test series in SA and would rather play home ODI's against the West Indies.

India aren't the best team in the world - that accolade belongs to South Africa with England second and India third.

You're being silly, Clarke is a much better captain than Ponting (although Ponting's record is far better) and in the Ashes he easily out captained Cook but he doesn't have as good players to captain as those two.

Edited by somersetrover

Come of it South Africa are by far the best team in the world. The BCCI know that hence why they are messing CSA about and scared to play a 3 test series in SA and would rather play home ODI's against the West Indies.

You're being silly, Clarke is a much better captain than Ponting (although Ponting's record is far better) and in the Ashes he easily out captained Cook but he doesn't have as good players to captain as those two.

We're playing 7 ODI's against Australia. Number 1 ODI team is India. My statement was correct.

• Moderation Lead

So, you wind everyone up, then play the victim once criticised? Christ, you're as bad as Mercerman.

Clarke's record is woeful - better players or not. A "great" captain he ain't. I don't do this very often but you deserve one of these. Congratulations.

:wstu:

Edited by jim mk2

Clarke's record is woeful - better players or not. A "great" captain he ain't. I don't do this very often but you deserve one of these. Congratulations.

:wstu:

Clarke team don't have McGrath with the new ball or Warne as the spinner. Clarke doesn.'t have Langer and Hayden opening, he doesn't have players like Ponting, Hussey, Martyn, Symonds and Gilchrist in the middle order. Ponting's record is better but you only look at the players he captained you would expect it to be you don't really need to be a good captain to win game with those players. Clarke is a very good captain but he just has a very average group of players to captain hence why results haven't been good, if Clarke had captained when Ponting did his record would be fantastic. It's foolish and to simplistic to say that someone is not a good captain just on results.

Cricket captains and like football managers - they are judged on results. Cricket captains can make a difference - even with seemingly ordinary players. Years ago England had a very average side that became a very good one thanks to the brilliant leadership of Mike Brearley. England played poorly this summer - yet Clarke still couldn't get a win. He's not a "great" captain as claimed, he's not even average yet.

Memo to self 1: Don't rise to cricket simpletons.

Memo to self 2: Don't discuss convict cricketers - I couldn't care less about them anyway.

Clarke team don't have McGrath with the new ball or Warne as the spinner. Clarke doesn.'t have Langer and Hayden opening, he doesn't have players like Ponting, Hussey, Martyn, Symonds and Gilchrist in the middle order. Ponting's record is better but you only look at the players he captained you would expect it to be you don't really need to be a good captain to win game with those players. Clarke is a very good captain but he just has a very average group of players to captain hence why results haven't been good, if Clarke had captained when Ponting did his record would be fantastic. It's foolish and to simplistic to say that someone is not a good captain just on results.

Nail. On. Head.

Stupid to call Clarke an average captain. He has made some brave decisions and cracking bowling changes in order to take wickets at crucial times.

His form with the bat has also been brilliant whilst he has been captain and it has been known that players struggle when handed the pressure of captaincy. However Clarke has thrived under the pressure and in my view is a superb captain.

Forget all that. Name me your favourite England players of non-Indian descent in terms of skill, watchability etc.

I quite enjoy watching Pietersen. Think he brings a new dimension to the England side and more importantly is feared by all the international sides unless you have a quality leg spinner.

Other than that, there isn't much in that team that excites me. Nobody that is worth of the world class tag yet. Maybe the Ashes down under might change my mind, but I doubt it.

I do also enjoy watching Broad bowl, but only to Yuvraj! ;-)

Mmmmm... I thought so, grudging admiration for Pietersen but no one else and not even Bell, a class act who was the best batsman by miles on either side this summer. I look forward to you backing England all the way this winter.

Mmmmm... I thought so, grudging admiration for Pietersen but no one else and not even Bell, a class act who was the best batsman by miles on either side this summer. I look forward to you backing England all the way this winter.

I'm still not entirely convinced by Ian Bell. He has the ability to be a great batsmen, something he showed in the Ashes series just gone by, however there are times when his batting is pretty dreadful. He has survived the chop many times with a big innings. I'd like a bit more consistency from him if I'm being perfectly honest.

As for backing England. I don't know which would be worst, supporting the England cricket team or Burnley.