BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

He's a glory hunting traitor, supports England national team at football as the Indian national team is guff.

Hypocrite.

Weird isn't it? Close to two billion people on the Indian sub continent and there isn't a decent footballer amongst em. Never has been either to the best of my knowledge. Can only be down to genetics at a guess.

Weird isn't it? Close to two billion people on the Indian sub continent and there isn't a decent footballer amongst em. Never has been either to the best of my knowledge. Can only be down to genetics at a guess.

This is the Ashes thread. Don't bring your agenda against Indians or Pakistani's into this.

This is the Ashes thread. Don't bring your agenda against Indians or Pakistani's into this.

'agenda'...... observations rather. 'methinks the lady doth protest too much'. Dont be so bloody touchy, there's a film called White men can't jump which must carry certain connotations for those of a more nervous disposition but who the hell bothers about that? White men aren't very good at running fast either or boxing for that matter, but we do seem to have skills required to play football, cycle, drive and swim quite well.

So apart from that being the most ironic post of the year from the resident board WUM would you like to explain why it is? Why is it that you can't you trap a dead cat and can only pass wind Blue n White Rover? Logically it does present a mystery.

Edited by thenodrog

Why not mention every other stat which he is number 1 in?

Highest run scorer.

Most number of centuries.

Most ODI runs.

Most Test Runs

100 centuries in all forms of the game.

Endless list.

Because a batsman's average is the most accurate judge of his ability, the things you've listed are a combination of ability and longevity. There are a number of bastmen Tendulkar wasn't as good as but he was nearly as good as them and played for a lot longer.

Something else to factor in is he played half his cricket on excellent Indian batting tracks, as opposed to say an English batsman who played half his on indifferent wickets where its harder to score.

• Like 1

Guest Norbert

Tendulkar would be in a greatest XI for sure. Whether or not he is the best ever is difficult to say. I doubt any of us have seen Bradman at his peak, and the game was probably different, with the laws about no balls, exposed wickets and the legal bowling action changing over time. And he has scored so many runs partially down to his amazing longevity. Some ruthless selectors could have also dropped him a few years ago, but didn't fancy having their house invaded by 200,000 Indian lunatics holding placards and burning effigies.

That said, he is a true great.

Sachin Tendulkar announces his retirement from Test cricket. A HUGE loss to test cricket. The greatest batsmen ever and a fantastic player to watch.

Priveleged to have met and watched a true cricketing legend.

One of the best batsmen of all time and a gentleman too who always liked to see the game properly.

Now your turn to praise an England player.

What's tendulker got to do with ashes ?

Al mentioned earlier, if you read up that this thread is for Test Cricket. If you have a problem with it, I suggest you can make a new thread for Cricket so we don't clog up this Ashes thread.

One of the best batsmen of all time and a gentleman too who always liked to see the game properly.

Now your turn to praise an England player.

Ha Ha!

Great compliment from you Jim, wouldn't have expected anything less. Will be a weird feeling not seeing Sachin on the team sheet. However, enough players who can fill his role and fingers crossed, we can unearth another master.

Anyway, an emphatic win over the Aussies today thanks to some brilliant hitting from Yuvraj. Evident why they lost the Test series. Very poor bowling when you can't defend a score of 200. A huge worry for them.

Al mentioned earlier, if you read up that this thread is for Test Cricket. If you have a problem with it, I suggest you can make a new thread for Cricket so we don't clog up this Ashes thread.

Ha Ha!

Great compliment from you Jim, wouldn't have expected anything less. Will be a weird feeling not seeing Sachin on the team sheet. However, enough players who can fill his role and fingers crossed, we can unearth another master.

Anyway, an emphatic win over the Aussies today thanks to some brilliant hitting from Yuvraj. Evident why they lost the Test series. Very poor bowling when you can't defend a score of 200. A huge worry for them.

Your turn to praise an England player.

That would be Boycs, a greater batsman than any India has produced.

Off you go then, a eulogy to Sir Geoffrey.

Unfortunately, he was before my time Jim therefore cannot comment much. However, from what I have seen and heard in documentaries, he was a great player who has a very strong opinion which doesn't always go down well with everyone!

Good win for Australia yesterday. Poor batting display from ourselves coupled with some great bowling from M Johnson. Fizzing them in at 95mph and with the new ball, it is always difficult until the shine has come off.

A chance to bounce back tomorrow though and I'm sure Dhoni and co will come out fighting.