BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Indeed so bwr. Dont start another cricket thread ffs. Truth is cricket is a minority sport and only enjoyed by old fellas, anoraks and train spotters. Not enough people bother about cricket in this country to make an issue of it in fact county cricket is about as dead as Latin. You lot only like it cos you're no good at anything else.

Indeed so bwr. Dont start another cricket thread ffs. Truth is cricket is a minority sport and only enjoyed by old fellas, anoraks and train spotters. Not enough people bother about cricket in this country to make an issue of it in fact county cricket is about as dead as Latin. You lot only like it cos you're no good at anything else.

Cretinous comment, made only because you're not interested in cricket. Take your own advice and stay off this thread.

Edited by jim mk2

Guest Norbert

Thank you Mr. Birch. I do wonder if we're going to play these new additions at all, or are England going to stick with the same guys regardless.

I think England will win the series, but it will be closer than this summer. The Aussies would not want to crumble at home like they did in England.

Norbert, Cricket Australia has so many problems at the moment.

There's no "real" leader from a captains point of view. Clark is a good batsman, but his back is suspect, Watson is moody, Haddin is too old.

They've lost their way in bringing through young talent, partly because they had such good cricketers, that very few could break into the test team. ( A good example was McGill).

I have a feeling England will win, because the pitches in Australia now are totally different from those a few years back. They are very bland, batsmen orientated tracks.

As well, England has a more stable, established team. Added to this is the lead up to the tests is better for England in that they will play state teams, giving them a better preparation.

So, yes, it will be closer, we'll see some emerging Australian talent, but it will be a season too soon.

Cretinous comment, made only because you're not interested in cricket. Take your own advice and stay off this thread.

Agreed. Well said Jim.

An unlikely alliance but an alliance all the same. The two biggest WUM's on the board.

Edited by thenodrog

He made his point several points ago, but he likes being like a dog returning to his own vomit.

It was in reference to an interview that was aired yesterday on national radio. So I guess you could argue the same about the media.

I just find it disgusting that a player that has cheated goes on to continuously talk and in a way brag about it. Really poor from Broad and something Cook or the ECB need to intervene on and stop him from spouting such rubbish.

In reference to what you said Jim, no player goes on to give an interview in the smug way Broad has if they have nicked it and didn't walk. Broad is a cheat.

BWR, I'm a very patient person normally but you're stating to get on my nerves. I have never advocated banning a person and I have never put a person on ignore but you are getting very close. The the issue you raised has been done to death, you have your views the rest of the board have their's. Let's leave it at that.

Once again, I am just referring to an interview that I heard yesterday on BBC regarding Stuart Broad. I thought it was a point worth discussing hence why I bought it up. If I was bringing up the topic again for the sake of it then you have every right to be annoyed or whatever it is that you are, at me. However, highlighting an interview that was aired yesterday, I feel it was a point worth bringing up. No malice or harm intended.

The guy is utterly obsessed. I know this is probably dangerous ground but considering the short shrift given to happyforeverclapper and saxoman on here in recent times, I can't help but wonder if the seemingly infinite patience afforded to BAWRs endless and constant bitterness towards English cricket has something to do with positive discrimination. Basically if he wasn't Indian would he have been banned months ago?

Early indication he looks set to ruin another Ashes series discussion anyway.