BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

What an odd comment. Australia got done by South Africa at home, struggled to beat Sri Lanka, were complete rubbish against India, and will probably get beaten in four days in this test, yet you say I'm only posting here because Australia are 'doing well'

They put up a better fight against South Africa than England, first test was even, second Australia dominated and if Pattinson did not get injured they would have won IMO, then for some bizarre reason Inverarity and his cronies decided to change the whole seam attack. And how exactly did they struggle to beat Sri Lanka they won a three match series 3-0.

On the Broad incident of course he should of walked its against the spirit of the game as cricket is a gentleman's sport. Michael Holding was spot on Broad should get a ban like Ramdin they both cheated and there is no other way around it, but no doubt Broad's daddy will get him out of it again. Also though it was yet another dismal bit of umpiring from Aleem Dar who when it comes to umpiring India or Australia gives every decision against them and should not be umpiring school cricket let alone an Ashes Test.

Edited by somersetrover

On the Broad incident of course he should of walked its against the spirit of the game as cricket is a gentleman's sport. Michael Holding was spot on Broad should get a ban like Ramdin they both cheated and there is no other way around it,

I prefer this opinion to Michael Holding's.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01cph6y

Perfick.

I wonder why old Geoffrey never went for a career in the diplomatic corps? :lol:

Edited by thenodrog

Looking at the rankings I don't think there is a huge difference between 2nd-4th place, South Africa are clearly the best test side in the world right now.

England should win tomorrow but this first test has shown that this series could be an interesting one, especially if Australia can sort out their batting woes/collapses. If they can then we could see a really great series.

Edited by RibbleValleyRover

The ICC rankings are very misleading. It's only recently that England beat India there. Yet India thrashed Australia.

How can they be misleading? It's a results based ranking.

Norbert, Tests are played on a home and away basis, so half the time India play it will be on someone else's turf.

Dave, I think it's something to do with not taking into account the number of Tests a country plays in a year. I think England will play something like 13 or so whereas India play half of that.

Also it doesn't take into account the standard of the opposition.

England are better than India at present in Test cricket regardless of the rankings.

All out Australia need 311 to win, can't see it but wouldn't write it off

A couple of those wickets seemed really cheaply given away

Those two runs you wanted to give away to Agar are becoming more and more valuable by the second.

Some of the Aussie rage against Broad on other forums is quite hilarious. Honestly, if Steve Waugh had done the same thing they'd be praising his hard-nosed attitude and laughing at all the English rage :lol:

That's crap. With a decision that was so obvious, not even an Australian would defend one of our own doing the same.

• Backroom

Those two runs you wanted to give away to Agar are becoming more and more valuable by the second.

Yep that was always going to come back to bite me wasn't it!

What a way to end the game!

Got to feel sorry for Haddin, that was a very tough call. Lots of credit to the Aussies too, a much closer game than anticipated, sets the series up nicely.

Edited by Baz

That was worth it just to watch English fans get all nervous and keany. :lol:

In the long run, its better for us to lose the game as an amazing victory would have papered over the cracks of how keanhouse our top 6 is. You can't win matches expecting your lower order to bail you out every innings.

It's a shame we have a great bowling attack (who all show a lot of heart and application with the bat as well) but they are wasted on our batsman at the moment.

Mind you I've got no idea who else you'd pick.

• Like 1

That's crap. With a decision that was so obvious, not even an Australian would defend one of our own doing the same.

I reckon you're being incredibly optimistic. I also think you forget the nature of the character of people like Border and Waugh who grew into Test cricket getting their bodies smashed apart by the West Indies.

Put it this way, go back to the Adelaide 1993 test match when Australia were within two runs of winning the series. If Tony Crafter had given McDermott not out, do you think he would have walked? Should he have? How do you think Border et al would have felt about that?

I reckon you're being incredibly optimistic. I also think you forget the nature of the character of people like Border and Waugh who grew into Test cricket getting their bodies smashed apart by the West Indies.

Put it this way, go back to the Adelaide 1993 test match when Australia were within two runs of winning the series. If Tony Crafter had given McDermott not out, do you think he would have walked? Should he have? How do you think Border et al would have felt about that?

That 1993 test, was that the one where they showed photos of Waugh's body after the game? He had so many bruises from taking the hits!