BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

I don't know what the fuss is about re: Agar's stumping. His foot was on the line and in that instance, the line belongs to the batsman. Therefore it was the correct call by the 3rd umpire.

Broad should have walked and there is no room for cheats in this sport. The extra runs he hit after that, was probably the margin by which England won by. Shameful.

I guess Broad deserves to get spanked around the park by Yuvraj. His face that day - priceless.

I don't know what the fuss is about re: Agar's stumping. His foot was on the line and in that instance, the line belongs to the batsman. Therefore it was the correct call by the 3rd umpire.

Broad should have walked and there is no room for cheats in this sport. The extra runs he hit after that, was probably the margin by which England won by. Shameful.

I guess Broad deserves to get spanked around the park by Yuvraj. His face that day - priceless.

Not right, you have to have something on the ground, behind the line. On the line is out.

Broad, well that's something he, as an individual, has to make an instantaneous decision on. How he feels is his own concern, it's in the past now and is irrelevant. The result is now in the record books.

Not right, you have to have something on the ground, behind the line. On the line is out.

Broad, well that's something he, as an individual, has to make an instantaneous decision on. How he feels is his own concern, it's in the past now and is irrelevant. The result is now in the record books.

The third umpire may choose to give the benefit of doubt to the batsman if its not clear whether the bat or foot was on or behind the line. I think there was enough doubt in the dismissal. Agar did not know whether his foot was or wasn't behind the line. Broad knew he had touched it and should have walked.

Are you English? Trying to decide whether that was a sincere load of garbage or a good wind-up.

First off learn the rules, on the line is out.

Second off there is nothing that says you have to walk, and most batsmen in the modern day don't. So there's nothing shameful about Broad's decision, unless you're judging England by a harsher standard than you do everyone else, which seems to be an incredibly common phenomenon by a lot of fans of every sport.

And again, are you english? Gloating at one of our players gets smashed around, whats that all about? I'll look forward to seeing Yuvraj's face when we go back above India in the test rankings after winning this series.

Are you English? Trying to decide whether that was a sincere load of garbage or a good wind-up.

Second off there is nothing that says you have to walk, and most batsmen in the modern day don't. So there's nothing shameful about Broad's decision, unless you're judging England by a harsher standard than you do everyone else, which seems to be an incredibly common phenomenon by a lot of fans of every sport.

And again, are you english? Gloating at one of our players gets smashed around, whats that all about? I'll look forward to seeing Yuvraj's face when we go back above India in the test rankings after winning this series.

I cannot stand the English cricket team and you really think I'll be cheering on a Dingle in James Anderson? You've got another thing coming. Club before country.

You can look forward to seeing Yuvraj's face, but I guess he'll just wave back with his World Cup, ICC Champions Trophy and Twenty20 world champions medal wrapped around his neck.

The hypocrisy amongst the England camp is unbelievable. I guess Swann will be questioning Broad's morality?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-2116812/Graeme-Swann-blast-Sri-Lankan-cheat.html

Take a leaf out of Tendulkar or Gilchrist's book and play the game how it should be played. Not cheating!

• Like 1

I cannot stand the English cricket team and you really think I'll be cheering on a Dingle in James Anderson? You've got another thing coming. Club before country.

You can look forward to seeing Yuvraj's face, but I guess he'll just wave back with his World Cup, ICC Champions Trophy and Twenty20 world champions medal wrapped around his neck.

The hypocrisy amongst the England camp is unbelievable. I guess Swann will be questioning Broad's morality?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-2116812/Graeme-Swann-blast-Sri-Lankan-cheat.html

Take a leaf out of Tendulkar or Gilchrist's book and play the game how it should be played. Not cheating!

You can't stand your own country's national team, well thanks for clarifying that. I can happily proceed to totally ignore every post you make from now on. Can't stand traitors.

As suspected they have named the same squad for Lords. If Finn can't perform on his home ground on a pitch that should suit him then he should be dropped from the rest of this series.

Plenty of players I can't stand in this current England team for example Broad, Pietersen et al but I still want them to win.

Got to hope and pray that Jimmy stays fit, he looks like the only dangerous bowler we have at the moment. In world cricket I would only take Steyn over him.

Edited by RibbleValleyRover

You can't stand your own country's national team, well thanks for clarifying that. I can happily proceed to totally ignore every post you make from now on. Can't stand traitors.

Be my guest. Club before country, always has been and always will be.

As suspected they have named the same squad for Lords. If Finn can't perform on his home ground on a pitch that should suit him then he should be dropped from the rest of this series.

Plenty of players I can't stand in this current England team for example Broad, Pietersen et al but I still want them to win.

Brave to stick by Finn, especially how he nearly cost you the first test. I would have had Bresnan in and bought in Bopara for Bairstow, who I feel adds nothing to the team. Bopara can give you something similar to Watson, where he can keep it tight and give the quicker bowlers a break.

Could not agree more with this, absolutely spot on. They are an obnoxious arrogant lot of cheats, particularly Broad who is the biggest cheat in the sport. He is just like his old man an average player who damages the sports integrity with his ego.

Think you should google .tendulker not walking ..

Tendulkar always walks, if he thinks he hits the ball, end of. That is another reason why he is the greatest batsman since Bradman, he believes in the spirit of the game, like when Ashwin mankaded Thirimanne and he told the captain Sehwag to withdraw the appeal. Pure class from a great.

Perhaps like me he is a cricket fan who puts the game and spirit of cricket above anything else. And as you cannot stand people who turn their backs on their own countries would it be safe to assume that you cannot stand Pietersen and Trott who both turned their back on South Africa despite them both being born, raised and playing all their youth and first class cricket there (before they left). So are these traitors in your mind? Let's face it over recent years the England cricket team has been a South African B team with the likes of Strauss, Compton, Prior, Dernbach, Trott, Meaker, Kieswetter and Pietersen all playing in one form or another in the last year.

Edited by somersetrover
  • Like 1

Could not agree more with this, absolutely spot on. They are an obnoxious arrogant lot of cheats, particularly Broad who is the biggest cheat in the sport. He is just like his old man an average player who damages the sports integrity with his ego.

Tendulkar always walks, if he thinks he hits the ball, end of. That is another reason why he is the greatest batsman since Bradman, he believes in the spirit of the game, like when Ashwin mankaded Thirimanne and he told the captain Sehwag to withdraw the appeal. Pure class from a great.

Perhaps like me he is a cricket fan who puts the game and spirit of cricket above anything else. And as you cannot stand people who turn their backs on their own countries would it be safe to assume that you cannot stand Pietersen and Trott who both turned their back on South Africa despite them both being born, raised and playing all their youth and first class cricket there (before they left). So are these traitors in your mind? Let's face it over recent years the England cricket team has been a South African B team with the likes of Strauss, Compton, Prior, Dernbach, Trott, Meaker, Kieswetter and Pietersen all playing in one form or another in the last year.

Currently on the tube but tendulker hasn't always walked have a look. Anyhows had a laugh with Aussie doctor earlier.

Not to forget a bunch of hypocritical morons. No room for people like Broad in Cricket. Ruins the beautiful sport.

Anyway, back to enjoying this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPWMisaPazM

Ah screw it, seeing as your motivation is now obvious (i.e. that you are english but don't consider yourself to be) I may as well point out what a hypocritical moron you are. India's behaviour was very far from sportsman-like in the Aussie tour a few years ago where both sides were almost coming to blows, you and them were an embarassment and disgrace to the sport.

And its pretty rich you talking about the beautiful sport when you've waded into a topic celebrating it to pour scorn, cynicism and throw insults at a team thats just won a brilliant test match. Let me guess, you're exactly like the 90% of Indian fans honouring the beautiful sport at the Champions Trophy by practically never clapping an opposition wicket or boundary?

A bitter individual with a pathetic vendetta who posts irrelevant clips of India in an Ashes thread. What a great exponent of the beautiful sport you are.

Ah screw it, seeing as your motivation is now obvious (i.e. that you are english but don't consider yourself to be) I may as well point out what a hypocritical moron you are. India's behaviour was very far from sportsman-like in the Aussie tour a few years ago where both sides were almost coming to blows, you and them were an embarassment and disgrace to the sport.

And its pretty rich you talking about the beautiful sport when you've waded into a topic celebrating it to pour scorn, cynicism and throw insults at a team thats just won a brilliant test match. Let me guess, you're exactly like the 90% of Indian fans honouring the beautiful sport at the Champions Trophy by practically never clapping an opposition wicket or boundary?

A bitter individual with a pathetic vendetta who posts irrelevant clips of India in an Ashes thread. What a great exponent of the beautiful sport you are.

Why don't you applaud the brilliance of Yuvraj? Or are you a bitter individual with a pathetic vendetta?

Why don't you start by looking at the sheer hypocrisy of the England team? The same team that had an outburst against the Sri Lankan players for not walking, yet do the same!!

I take it you clapped when the Australians were rattling through your middle order?

The final six was my favourite, which one was yours?

S'funny.

If I was walking down the street watching two strangers coming to blows over a cricket match, nay one decision, I'd probably laugh. In fact, it would probably never happen.

Yet on here, we are all wound up so tight that everyone gets under each other's skin.

Sad really, but funny when you think about it.

I think his signature tells us all we need to know about his character.

Why don't you applaud the brilliance of Yuvraj? Or are you a bitter individual with a pathetic vendetta?

Why don't you start by looking at the sheer hypocrisy of the England team? The same team that had an outburst against the Sri Lankan players for not walking, yet do the same!!

I take it you clapped when the Australians were rattling through your middle order?

The final six was my favourite, which one was yours?

Because Yuvraj has nothing whatsoever to do with the Ashes! If I was at that game I would have applauded him, I always applaud the opposition for boundaries and wickets, not enthusiastically but I do it.

So England are the first team in cricket to ever show any hypocrisy? No are they heck, every team has at some point or other.

I don't know where your bitterness against England has come from considering you're English but its pretty contemptible attitude in my book. Very similar to all the Man U gloryhunters who live in Blackburn and have nothing but bad things to say about Rovers. I'm not having a go at your culture or you supporting India by the way, I'm having a go at the fact that you're English and for some reason you hate England instead of them being your second team. Have a read of that:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23060582

• Like 2

I cannot stand the English cricket team and you really think I'll be cheering on a Dingle in James Anderson? You've got another thing coming.

It's bad enough having English traitors living in Australia supporting the convicts but this takes cricketing treason to a new level.

It looks like Finn has been given a reprieve for the second Test because Lord's is his home ground but he will have to bowl alot better because England need 3 pace bowlers firing on all cylinders and cannot continue to rely on Anderson and Broad. Anderson in particular looked knackered after the first Test.

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 2

It's bad enough having English traitors living in Australia supporting the convicts but this takes cricketing treason to a new level.

It looks like Finn has been given a reprieve for the second Test because Lord's is his home ground but he will have to bowl alot better because England need 3 pace bowlers firing on all cylinders and cannot continue to rely on Anderson and Broad. Anderson in particular looked knackered after the first Test.

This is directed at me.

I'm a "traitor", am I?

I have never sold my principles for money. I could never work for someone like Murdoch, and have , in fact turned down mega dollars from a potential employer on a principle.

I will now get personal, just as you have over the years.

As I normally have you on ignore (the only one I have on this message board) I don't respond to your constant jibes, nor do I do things by pm or reports to mods et al.

On this occasion though I will respond, and in a manner similar to yours.

Here, board members, we have a Murdoch employee.

Remember Murdoch, that champion of all that is right wing, of wanting more money, power, and to be able to influence politicians, and yet our "Jim/Doris/John" lets everyone know that his political persuasion is left wing.

What hubris, he wants the rest to do as he says, not as he does.

You take your 30 p of silver and yet declare allegiance to the workers of England, after what Murdoch did?

John, go polish that bald pate and stop being an utter prune.

Finally, son, why don't you "reveal" your name? Why does it get XXXX'd out?

Perhaps I should put up the link to the Dwight Yorke is the saviour of Blackburn Rovers article?