BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

How does one behave as a winner. I know march down broad street chanting "oh Birmingham are you listening. Have you seen our trophy glistening. You're football teams @#/? and so's your cricket. Walking in a lanky wonderland." Sadly perhaps proving abbeys point but hey ho

Well that was certainly worth the trip and a team to be proud of - it certainly more than made up for that @#/? poor footy on Friday. And especially nice to see local Darwen lad and Blackburn Rovers fan Alex Davies getting MOTM in the final too. :brfc:

:tu: T20 CHAMPIONS!!!! :tu:

Edited by Husky
  • Like 1

Off to Old Trafford next week to watch the ODI against the Aussies, I'd much rather have seen a test match but seems we're being priced out of those for the time being :(

I'm gonna go too. Still buzzing after the Lancs win last week. Also have been starved of The Ashes, weather looks dry and should be a good atmosphere!

Probably going to chose the 3rd one..........as whatever happens they'll be something to play for....whereas the series could be all over by the 5th.

More good news: Lancashire have just been promoted back to division 1 :tu:

• Like 1

Good to be promoted first season down (again). I still maintain promotion from div 2 for a county like Lancs is little more than finishing 10th or 11th but it had to be done just need to go in the right direction in div 1. All in all decent 6 days t20 champions and promoted.

Good to be promoted first season down (again). I still maintain promotion from div 2 for a county like Lancs is little more than finishing 10th or 11th but it had to be done just need to go in the right direction in div 1. All in all decent 6 days t20 champions and promoted.

Was a long job, took until day 4 to get last Saturdays beer out of the system!

Good effort Lancs.

• Like 1

Was a long job, took until day 4 to get last Saturdays beer out of the system!

Good effort Lancs.

It was the same for me regarding the beer. :blush: It's quite dangerous when you start at 11am.

Stokes out 'obstructing the field'. That's pretty rare.

Anyway, it looks like we'll be 2-0 down by Tuesday and those with tickets for the Sunday ODI at OT might well be seeing a dead rubber. :unsure:

Stokes out 'obstructing the field'. That's pretty rare.:

I've watch a lot of cricket never see that in my life. In real time it was ridiculous. When they slowed it down to slow mo and then judged stokes retrospectively as if he had ages to make a decision looks dodgy. But a harsh very harsh decision. I love all the technology but in this instance think it's been used incorrectly.

I've watch a lot of cricket never see that in my life. In real time it was ridiculous. When they slowed it down to slow mo and then judged stokes retrospectively as if he had ages to make a decision looks dodgy. But a harsh very harsh decision. I love all the technology but in this instance think it's been used incorrectly.

Yeah. In slow-mo it looked like he purposely stopped the ball. But seriously at the speed that was going without even looking at the ball - if he did that on purpose he must be some kind of super human. Still the Aussie appealed and then it was up to the umpires.

Technology is great, but sometimes I think it's used just for the sake of it. Take that six for example - the fielder signalled it was a six - so why did they then proceed to show 5 different replays of the 'catch' before they made a decision? Conceivably he could have been given out, as from those replays it wasn't 100% he'd touched the rope.

Anyway 2-0 down..............after 2 games at Southern softie grounds it's time for cricket to come home for the next 3.

Yeah never thought of the geographical element to this summers ashes success/failure. Lost the 2 test matches at lords and the oval now lost the 1st 2 odi's at Southampton and London. I'd get a bit of satisfaction if against the odds went on to win the odi's in the north having also won the test series north of Watford.

Yeah. In slow-mo it looked like he purposely stopped the ball. But seriously at the speed that was going without even looking at the ball - if he did that on purpose he must be some kind of super human. Still the Aussie appealed and then it was up to the umpires.

Technology is great, but sometimes I think it's used just for the sake of it. Take that six for example - the fielder signalled it was a six - so why did they then proceed to show 5 different replays of the 'catch' before they made a decision? Conceivably he could have been given out, as from those replays it wasn't 100% he'd touched the rope.

Anyway 2-0 down..............after 2 games at Southern softie grounds it's time for cricket to come home for the next 3.

Technology works very well with things like hot spot, ball height and direction and such measurable events and slow motion is a useful tool too.

However it does appear quite wrong to use such technology to gauge reaction in humans and in this case a fit professional sportsman.

Stokes was doing numerous mental calculations in a split scond - starting from computing to where the ball was, what was going to happen next then how to get back into his crease and how not to get hit.

I also seriously doubt that cheating was one of them - which is what the umpires decision effectively says.

hahaha youve done it now..I unleashed hell with a similar comment last weekend.

I'm still waiting.................. :blush:

By the way, WTF has happened with the trains back to Blackburn from Manchester? Last time I came back the train took about a 3 days and it went to Burnley first. WTF?? And now I see there's a replacement bus service which takes about a week.

Edited by Husky