BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Boooooooooooo

Can I asked whether you think your test side has been right one and is there anyone you would have like to see playing for you?

Also is Jacques Kallis involved with South Africa side coaching wise? He was awesome cricketer and one of my all time favourite players.

Can I asked whether you think your test side has been right one and is there anyone you would have like to see playing for you?

Also is Jacques Kallis involved with South Africa side coaching wise? He was awesome cricketer and one of my all time favourite players.

the test side is okay, apart from Stiaan Van Zyl opening at the top with Elgar. Stephen Cook should have been selected ages ago, and i dont believe Quinton De Kock should be wicket keeper. I still prefer De Villiers to keep wicket, and an extra batsman included. We should be playing 4 seamers ie Steyn, Rabada, Morkel and Philander. Question marks are still there for me around Bavuma, and whether he is consistent or will be consistent enough. As far as im aware, no Jaque Kallis is not involved. Graeme Smith was however brought in on a shirt term basis to help out with the batting(didnt work though)

Elgar

Cook

Amla

De Villiers

Jp Duminy

Bavuma

AN Other(Batsman)

Philander

Rabada

Steyn

Morkel

disguting showing this morning....GUTLESS!!!!!! :angry2:

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessss... Rabada was brilliant B)

Edited by Iceman

Interesting series that.

Compton started in Durban in his usual style and helped win the game, seemed to lose his way after- constant sniping at his style knocked his confidence?

Still not sure about Taylor and well, Alex Hales is no Test opener.

So thats 2, 3 and 5 of the batting order in doubt. Definitely a work in progress this team.

Although each test stands on its own, once a team has won a series , despite all the efforts to be up for a dead rubber, subconsciously there isn't the same intensity to win. South Africa aren't a bad side and their demise has been over exaggerated. I think Amla is the best batter in the world and Morkel is a fine bowler. Add to those two, AB De Villiers and the new boy Rabada , plus De Kock and not forgetting Steyn ( best bowler in the world) and Philander. Also their Cook has looked the best opening batsman on both sides. With players of that calibre I don't think they'll drop too far in the rankings

Taking into account everything, it's been a great series win, on a par with the win in India a couple of years ago.

I agree with Mattyblue, our top order batting needs looking at, too many collapses. We had a similar problem when we won the Ashes last summer but having said that, if we're beating Australia at home and South Africa away , things aren't too bad with the state of English cricket

Now onto the ODIs and T20s , where we've been showing good improvement recently.

Edited by onlyonetugay
  • Like 1

Although each test stands on its own, once a team has won a series , despite all the efforts to be up for a dead rubber, subconsciously there isn't the same intensity to win. South Africa aren't a bad side and their demise has been over exaggerated. I think Amla is the best batter in the world and Morkel is a fine bowler. Add to those two, AB De Villiers and the new boy Rabada , plus De Kock and not forgetting Steyn ( best bowler in the world) and Philander. Also their Cook has looked the best opening batsman on both sides. With players of that calibre I don't think they'll drop too far in the rankings

Taking into account everything, it's been a great series win, on a par with the win in India a couple of years ago.

I agree with Mattyblue, our top order batting needs looking at, too many collapses. We had a similar problem when we won the Ashes last summer but having said that, if we're beating Australia at home and South Africa away , things aren't too bad with the state of English cricket

Now onto the ODIs and T20s , where we've been showing good improvement recently.

AB De Villiers likes that form of cricket ;)

As an effect of prejudice but certainly not on ability or form.

Don't think many people would argue that ability-wise he is better than anything England currently has (with the notable exception of Root)but he's burnt his bridges with the England set up. That said I don't agree with the way they dangled a carrot in front of him last year to then snatch it away, but he REALLY @#/? people off.

With any sport if its being played at amateur level then I'm all for getting shut of the bad apple. When its professional sport I'm not so sure. If the player is a very good one then I certainly think every effort should be made to manage the player or just ignore their antagonistic behaviour. Suppose we just have to trust the England hierarchy that KP was unmanageable and impossible to ignore, which is a lot easier to do when we're winning without him!

With any sport if its being played at amateur level then I'm all for getting shut of the bad apple. When its professional sport I'm not so sure. If the player is a very good one then I certainly think every effort should be made to manage the player or just ignore their antagonistic behaviour. Suppose we just have to trust the England hierarchy that KP was unmanageable and impossible to ignore, which is a lot easier to do when we're winning without him!

We may be winning but there is plenty of room for a quality batsman in the England upper order. If the captain and Root fail we are in deep Do Do.

In the context of what KP did (and it was far from the first time - I think he had gone way beyond the 'bad apple' level) I don't see how you can differentiate between amateur, professional or elite sport. Doesn't matter how good you are, there are some things you just can't do and expect to remain in a team. In slightly different circumstances two other sports have seen geniuses have to suffer similar premature ends to their careers because of persistant behavioural issues with the demise of the two great Northern Irishmen, Higgins and Best (RIP both).

KP aside we do need someone to step up in that top order.