BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Reserves @ Bamber Bridge

He didn't.

I was very disappointed to hear from a steward on the way out that some of our 'supporters' were behaving disgracefully towards our players, loudly verbally abusing them. Sitting in the stand we didn't hear any of this but at Bamber Bridge it is possible to get very close to the action and it is a shame that the young lads playing had to be subjected to it. It's getting beyond a joke now and needs to stop. Doubtless some of these people are those who moan that our Manager will never attract good players. They need to look at themselves first I feel, this kind of behaviour will become known generally and what player would want to play for a club whose supporters can only relentlessly abuse them for the slightest perceived misjudgement?

Que the usual "I would take any abuse to be paid that sort of money" comments... :glare: It's easy to say when you are not on the end of it. It's bullying, nothing less.

He didn't.

I was very disappointed to hear from a steward on the way out that some of our 'supporters' were behaving disgracefully towards our players, loudly verbally abusing them. Sitting in the stand we didn't hear any of this but at Bamber Bridge it is possible to get very close to the action and it is a shame that the young lads playing had to be subjected to it. It's getting beyond a joke now and needs to stop. Doubtless some of these people are those who moan that our Manager will never attract good players. They need to look at themselves first I feel, this kind of behaviour will become known generally and what player would want to play for a club whose supporters can only relentlessly abuse them for the slightest perceived misjudgement?

Que the usual "I would take any abuse to be paid that sort of money" comments... :glare: It's easy to say when you are not on the end of it. It's bullying, nothing less.

That's news to me!

I sat in the stand in the first half & stood beside the dugout in the 2nd half. Who was verbally abused? Can only assume it was the people behind the goals, downing the pints, that were throwing the abusive comments around? I heard nothing.

I did say we were sitting in the stand, Russ, and there was certainly no abuse where we were. I can only assume behind the goal as that is where the steward was. He was quite upset about it.

I did say we were sitting in the stand, Russ, and there was certainly no abuse where we were. I can only assume behind the goal as that is where the steward was. He was quite upset about it.

I'm a little surprised as most in club colours (ie, me!) were in the stand most of the game. All the abuse I heard in the 2nd half came from the Bamber Bridge lads, giving a couple of our players grief. Payne, in particular, was subjected to some poor comments but it's part & parcel when the crowd is so close. Still, there's no need for it.

From other topics and discussion groups on boards/facebook etc I am sure they were Rovers fans. It seems to be happening more and more frequently, sadly.

I knew quite a few of those behind the goal by the club house, I'll ask them when I see them again what, if anything, they heard.

Edit: The steward did seem quite sure too, but he could have got it wrong I guess.

I was there tonight and didn't see or here anything. We had a few in Brig after and there were a few local @#/? up lads knocking about who'd been to the game, deffo not Rovers fans as there was a bit of mouth going on. Could have been them perhaps who were giving grief ?

Did anyone play particularly well?

For me, Tim Payne ran the show first half & is the only player I'd have anywhere near the first team. Promise from a few of the others but nothing to get excited about just yet.

Archived