BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Supporters from outside England, how do you maintain your support and love of the club?

Cowan

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im in Australia and the rovers coverage here has been indeed been crap. Setanta have probably only shown about 5 games max since we got relegated, they are hardly ever on an internet channel either.

It's a shame as the Fox Sports coverage is exceptional and you can choose which 3pm kick off game you want to watch. I never missed a rovers game all season when we were in the premier league. Now I'm lucky to catch them once a season.

Grim! Another reason why venkys are so useless!

Think we're on Setanta against Bolton on Saturday though?

Think we're on Setanta against Bolton on Saturday though?

iv not seen anything, however would be great if we are, the Derby match was shown and iv had confirmed that the Burnley game will be on Setanta but apart from that iv seen no fixture lists, first season away from Rovers for me and its tough however iv got used to watching football league show on iplayer :)

Its terrible here in Singapore too. Cable only show 1 championship game per weekend and the odds are you get a Rovers game once every 3 months.

What i do now is go to the soccernet live score page during matches & read the updates every few mins :wacko:

This is untrue. I think I started following the Rovers right around 2007 and I haven't jumped ship. I've watched other games, sure, but I always have (depending on who was on before and after the Rovers) and there is no emotional investment in who wins or loses.

Are you living in Australia? I only know of a few supporters out of about 20-30 odd that haven't jumped ship since the venkys takeover. Well done on staying loyal! :rover:

Im in Australia and the rovers coverage here has been indeed been crap. Setanta have probably only shown about 5 games max since we got relegated, they are hardly ever on an internet channel either.

It's a shame as the Fox Sports coverage is exceptional and you can choose which 3pm kick off game you want to watch. I never missed a rovers game all season when we were in the premier league. Now I'm lucky to catch them once a season.

Grim! Another reason why venkys are so useless!

Here, here.

Setanta is too much to pay on top of the subscription we already have, plus the lack of matches and kean coverage is a major turn off anyway.

One of the things that keeps me going is the satisfaction of knowing I didn't just jump on board the Manchester United or Liverpool bandwagon, even though they all seem to have a lot more fun supporting their team anyway.

Are you living in Australia? I only know of a few supporters out of about 20-30 odd that haven't jumped ship since the venkys takeover. Well done on staying loyal! :rover:

Arizona. And I have Bein and they seem to show the Rovers a fair bit.

I think we get Rovers on TV or Stream about 1 match per month. the rest I listen to on Rovers Player. but the TV matches are a lot of fun because we tend to have anywhere from 5 to 15 rover fans showing up at the pub and watching together. Derby and Carisle were both televised, and Tomorrows Bolton match will be streamed on Bein's streaming service... can't wait to see how many we have show up for the Dingle match in two weeks.

But to answer the original question, I maintain my love for rovers by helping to run the NYC supporters club, and hosting traveling Rovers fans for a match or a pint at our home pub. I only have enough money to fly out and see them every 2 or 3 years, but meeting so many Rovers fans while they are on holiday in NY has really brought me closer to the club than I could have ever imagined as an American supporting a club so far away.

Living in Dundee, its not difficult to see highlights of games, getting the odd live game on sky and maybe a few streams, its good if we get a cup run as your more likely to get a game on council TV.

The thing I hate it there’s no rovers chat . The odd time I’m in Blackburn it’s easy to talk to people about rovers as you would expect. Here it’s about football in general, rangers, Celtic, Dundee united and EPL in general.

just random encounters for rovers chat - Sometimes it’s like being Leela from Futurama

This happened to me last at my 7s aside game I played, noticed a guy in the other team I was playing against was wearing rovers shorts. at full time during the handshakes, I ask if he was a rovers fan. "No there just the cheapest shorts I could find" argh

I have had a few moments, 2005 I think. Sitting in Dundee city centre. We just lost (I’m sure we were going to get relegated )I was depressed thinking about it but sitting there minding my own business, an old man sits besides and promptly starts telling me he’s a Burnley fan.

iv not seen anything, however would be great if we are, the Derby match was shown and iv had confirmed that the Burnley game will be on Setanta but apart from that iv seen no fixture lists, first season away from Rovers for me and its tough however iv got used to watching football league show on iplayer :)

Just subscribed to AU setanta's online service you get all the live games that are on Setanta Tv plus a few more and its AUS$99 per year or the price of a decent night out in Perth. Beauty of it is you can watch on your phone, Tablet or Pc etc and it's not ip specific.

With the bolton match on and the Dingles game in a couple of weeks couldn't resist a subscription. So between the live showings on Setanta + and a subscription to Rovers player (roughly about Aus $50 per year) it's not a bad price to see every game whether live or delayed full matches

Watched the Bolton match because I found an illegal stream.

Evans' goal had me jump off the couch and punch the air, I think that's enough evidence for now to prove to myself that I still love Rovers.

Just subscribed to AU setanta's online service you get all the live games that are on Setanta Tv plus a few more and its AUS$99 per year or the price of a decent night out in Perth. Beauty of it is you can watch on your phone, Tablet or Pc etc and it's not ip specific.

With the bolton match on and the Dingles game in a couple of weeks couldn't resist a subscription. So between the live showings on Setanta + and a subscription to Rovers player (roughly about Aus $50 per year) it's not a bad price to see every game whether live or delayed full matches

Nice one Perthblue, I'll be looking into that and running it by the 'chancellor'.

Nice one Perthblue, I'll be looking into that and running it by the 'chancellor'.

Link to it is here http://www.setanta.com/au/How-To-Subscribe/ it's the first one of the 3 options. When you click on the subscribe button there's a test video to see if your device is compatible before you subscribe (tried and works on PC, galaxy note and galaxy s2 ). Watched the Bolton game today and the stream and picture quality was good and you can choose your own bit rate to watch if you are in a low speed or restricted bandwwidth area.

Mods : Above is a legal streaming service provided by Setanta AU but feel free to remove if it breaks any of the boards terms of service etc

Maintain is a good word!

I think Venkys ownership has really affected my support of the club! I still love the club and the team but I dont follow it as close as I did before "they" took over as they turned what was a once proud and well run business/club into the ground with stupid appointments and sackings!

Here's hoping this season "they" take a back seat and Mr Bowyer can turn us into a god fearing, exciting team!

I check in here occasionally, follow few lads on twitter, member of the trust and then there's the groups on facebook full of whingebags :D

Like all others in Australia i struggle to get my live fix for the reasons mentioned though there's been some very good suggestions on how to remedy that in this thread that i'll be looking into ASAP. As it stands now i just rely on live updates on the BBC site and get my news from the LT and here.

Though i have been very lucky in the last 1.5 years as i've visited the UK twice and was able to see Rovers v Liverpool, Man United last year and this year Nottingham Forrest, Bristol City (FA Cup tie) at Ewood Park, also the brilliant win against Arsenal at the Emirates and Brighton away where i met two brilliant Rovers fans who helped me out on here :tu: All in all 3 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses so not a bad return though was very unlucky not to get another draw v Liverpool when Carroll headed a goal in stoppage time!

It took me 22 years to finally see my beloved Rovers play live but made up for it when i had the chance make it happen. I plan to head back in the new year and with any luck i'll be able to get there for a couple more games at Ewood. Literally can't wait.

Clearly not true Rovers fans and not 'fans' you really want to have if they can just jump off so quick. I don't know how anyone could do it in all honesty but each to their own and all that........

Link to it is here http://www.setanta.com/au/How-To-Subscribe/ it's the first one of the 3 options. When you click on the subscribe button there's a test video to see if your device is compatible before you subscribe (tried and works on PC, galaxy note and galaxy s2 ). Watched the Bolton game today and the stream and picture quality was good and you can choose your own bit rate to watch if you are in a low speed or restricted bandwwidth area.

Mods : Above is a legal streaming service provided by Setanta AU but feel free to remove if it breaks any of the boards terms of service etc

Am definitely keen on doing this, if only just to pay for a moth so i can see the Dingles game! Just looking at the fixtures it doesn't look like we're being shown a great dean besides that game in the next month or so. Just looking at the schedule, the Dingles games shows it as "1st airing" which means first airing on Setanta sports channel and has the time it's on as 4.30 Eastern Standard Time. I know nothing about how it works but i can only take that not to mean it's live for whatever reason.

Even if that's the case i'll be happy to pay $20 just to see this game. I know i can get it cheaper on RP but i want to watch it on Setanta through Foxtel as i have a @#/? internet connection atm and an even shitter download limit so it'd end up costing me more anyway i think.

http://www.setanta.com/au/Our-Sports/soccer/npower-Football-League-Championship/

My Rovers interaction is now confined to this website. I don't read the LET Rovers stories, and I don't even bother checking the score on my phone during games anymore.

When we were in the Premier League I probably saw 50% of Rovers games live, spent a good bit of time on here, and the BBC. Not anymore.

BEIN sports (Al-Jazeera) offers a Championship package here in the USA but it's extra so I don't bother paying for it.

Being a Rovers fan is a bit grim at the moment.

Do you have any more info on that I have bein sports but dont see anything regarding a championship package

Clearly not true Rovers fans and not 'fans' you really want to have if they can just jump off so quick. I don't know how anyone could do it in all honesty but each to their own and all that........

Am definitely keen on doing this, if only just to pay for a moth so i can see the Dingles game! Just looking at the fixtures it doesn't look like we're being shown a great dean besides that game in the next month or so. Just looking at the schedule, the Dingles games shows it as "1st airing" which means first airing on Setanta sports channel and has the time it's on as 4.30 Eastern Standard Time. I know nothing about how it works but i can only take that not to mean it's live for whatever reason.

Even if that's the case i'll be happy to pay $20 just to see this game. I know i can get it cheaper on RP but i want to watch it on Setanta through Foxtel as i have a kean internet connection atm and an even shitter download limit so it'd end up costing me more anyway i think.

http://www.setanta.com/au/Our-Sports/soccer/npower-Football-League-Championship/

The Dingles game is being shown live on Setanta+ and then being shown as a delayed broadcast

(first airing) on Setanta TV (if you subscribe to the package for Setanta TV through foxtel I'm pretty sure you get setanta+ free) so try to find a mate with a decent speed internet connection and you can log in from their PC/ tablet and watch it live and hopefully a good result you can watch it again on TV later.

True we are not on again in September after the Dingles game but they should be releasing the October / November schedule soon so finger crossed.

already have Setanta and only just found out about the Setanta+ service so joined that for nothing :D got to watch the match yesterday on catch-up :D

iv also subscribed to Rovers Player.... found yesterday pretty tough after such an emphatic win but it has to get easier right?

just out of curiosity PB are you NOR or SOR? :)

The Dingles game is being shown live on Setanta+ and then being shown as a delayed broadcast

(first airing) on Setanta TV (if you subscribe to the package for Setanta TV through foxtel I'm pretty sure you get setanta+ free) so try to find a mate with a decent speed internet connection and you can log in from their PC/ tablet and watch it live and hopefully a good result you can watch it again on TV later.

True we are not on again in September after the Dingles game but they should be releasing the October / November schedule soon so finger crossed.

Cheers for that mate much appreciated. Will certainly be working something out before the Dingles game.

If Rovers were in the prem now every game in the US would be available for free. Ugh.

Same here mate. We get every game live here (albeit most of them on in the early hours and will be an hour later soon when daylight savings starts) I was surprised when i first went to the UK that we actually have a much better coverage of the PL here in Australia than what they get over there. I spose i just assumed they'd have at least the same.

I usually follow this forum for discussions and stream games from firstrow when available. I think one game/week are shown on Swedish tv. Not always Rovers though.

When it comes to support I wear Rovers jerseys when playing football with friends. My colleagues are getting annoyed with me, since everytime they are discussing liverpool or man utd, I always want to butt in with Rovers, haha.

I also try to recommend Venkys for every team looking for a new owner, and K**n as manager for clubs looking for that. So far none of my friends have wanted to listen... ;)

Archived