BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jake Keans Form

2nd season syndrome?? Is that some kind of made up sh*t?

I seem to recall Kean being 'that good' he made Sandiomerski loo good last season

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/blackburn_rovers/news/10815810.Blackburn_Rovers_keeper_Kean_backed_to_overcome__second_season_syndrome_/

And unsurprisingly Keeley sings the praises of the league 2 nomark he brought in.

The more immediate pressure on Kean, therefore, is coming from summer signing Simon Eastwood.

Keeley said: “Easty’s done ever so well in training and the games he’s played in. He’s establishing himself as a number two and starting to push Jake.”

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have had some great keepers over the years but it is a problem area at the moment.

Kean is averaging at least 1 howler a game, Eastwood seems to have been signed as a reserve, Robinson is still getting fit but I thought he had issues before his injury so I don't think we should be counting on him to save the day.

I would say it would be good to try and get Bunn back as he is down the pecking order at Norwich (based on recent posts by others), but I think we need to try and find a way to shift Robbo's hefty wage before we bring anyone in, and like Etuhu, Best etc, I can't see how we can do that.

Brad left because he and Ince didnt get on when both at Liverpool. Before that his contract "negotiation" was a cup of tea at Ewood with John Williams (no agent) which took a matter of minutes. Hardly the action of a merecanary.

To get rid of the best keeper we've ever had, we had to shell out an additional 1.5m more than we received for a worse (albeit better than Kean) keeper (Robbo). Not many clubs would do that, yet i remember posters on here backing it.

What about RogerJones?

2nd season syndrome?? Is that some kind of made up sh*t?

I seem to recall Kean being 'that good' he made Sandiomerski loo good last season

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/blackburn_rovers/news/10815810.Blackburn_Rovers_keeper_Kean_backed_to_overcome__second_season_syndrome_/

And unsurprisingly Keeley sings the praises of the league 2 nomark he brought in.

The more immediate pressure on Kean, therefore, is coming from summer signing Simon Eastwood.

Keeley said: Eastys done ever so well in training and the games hes played in. Hes establishing himself as a number two and starting to push Jake.

The most worrying thing about that story is the fact that Kean is referred to as "the club's number one".

Not really a surprise but he is absolutely crying out for a spell out of the spotlight.

We need to use Robinson cleverly in my opinion. It's clear to me that he will go because we can't afford him. He could do with getting back into the shop window team by December with a view to be sold or, more likely, shipped out on loan, maybe as a number 2 at a PL club.

Shame really, I like Robbo and we desperately need his experience in the side, particularly to put some confidence back in the defence.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

I cannot overstate how badly we need to replace this kid. He's not even close to good enough, and it's clear he's 100% drained of all confidence. When he made his mistake today he crumpled to his knees before the striker had even slotted the ball home and just shook his head. He knows as well as the rest of us he isn't good enough, I almost felt sorry for him.

I cannot overstate how badly we need to replace this kid. He's not even close to good enough, and it's clear he's 100% drained of all confidence. When he made his mistake today he crumpled to his knees before the striker had even slotted the ball home and just shook his head. He knows as well as the rest of us he isn't good enough, I almost felt sorry for him.

What's gutting is that Given just went to 'Boro on loan :(.

A 20% fit Robbo is safer than this lad at present.

He looks like a free transfer to Burnley at this moment in time.

Tonight's gaffe was horrendous and his body language afterwards and at the end was that of a broken spirit, It would be merciful to keep him out of the team now. At no time in the match did he look remotely secure and the Ipswich fans soon picked up on his woeful kicking.

Bowyer cannot let this situation carry on on. Kean needs to be replaced - for the sake of the team and his own future.

This Saturday he should either play Robinson or get in a Premier League reserve keeper on loan for the rest of the season.

Kean should have dropped some time ago. If he plays at QPR then either Bowyer is not fit to be manager or persons unknown are picking the team.

Bowyer cannot let this situation carry on on. Kean needs to be replaced - for the sake of the team and his own future.

This Saturday he should either play Robinson or get in a Premier League reserve keeper on loan for the rest of the season.

Kean should have dropped some time ago. If he plays at QPR then either Bowyer is not fit to be manager or persons unknown are picking the team.

You can't get any loan players in now as the widow shut last week. As for Robbo Bowyer won't pick him as he wants to get rid of him. And Bowyer is not good enough to be manager regardless of who is in goal on Saturday.

Robinson resumed first team training this week. Not sure if he is fully fit to play against QPR.

We won't be eligible for a emergency loan as we have Eastwood amongst our ranks. Eastwood looked pretty shoddy to me against Carlisle in the cup game. Very poor with corners and distribution.

GK position has always been a problem overseen by managers ever since Brad left. We're still feeling the stings of poor managerial decisions numerous years ago (Ince).

Time to take the cotton wool away and tear into him. Stop babying him and give it him both barrels.

He either completley crumbles (if he does then he isnt and never will be good enough for us) or he uses it as fuel to pull his finger out.

Either way I cant see him getting much worse.

Its not a lack of ability as we have seen what he can do, its a confidence/mental issue in my opinion

How do you know that last years better performances weren't as a result of the euphoria of making the 1st team?

Its possible, but the performances were there for whatever reason. If they are there once they can be there again in theory

Robinson resumed first team training this week. Not sure if he is fully fit to play against QPR.

We won't be eligible for a emergency loan as we have Eastwood amongst our ranks. Eastwood looked pretty shoddy to me against Carlisle in the cup game. Very poor with corners and distribution.

GK position has always been a problem overseen by managers ever since Brad left. We're still feeling the stings of poor managerial decisions numerous years ago (Ince).

Eastwood shouldnt be anywhere near Ewood unless hes playing for the opposition, a shockingly poor goalkeeper for this level of football which asks many questions about the credibility of the current goalkeeping coach who seems to have recruited him.

Its possible, but the performances were there for whatever reason. If they are there once they can be there again in theory

Leon Best once scored 5 in 6 in the premier league so in theory we could get him doing that at this level???

Performance is a transient phenomenon so who knows how to get people back into the golden patches they experience. My concern is this the longer it drags on and no-one appears to be rectifying it, then fairly soon it will be normal to Kean, once that's the norm, the road back will be even harder than now.

Leon Best once scored 5 in 6 in the premier league so in theory we could get him doing that at this level???

Performance is a transient phenomenon so who knows how to get people back into the golden patches they experience. My concern is this the longer it drags on and no-one appears to be rectifying it, then fairly soon it will be normal to Kean, once that's the norm, the road back will be even harder than now.

In theory Best could produce, but he is a keaning idiot.

Jake doesnt appear to be a bad lad, just one short on confidence. Your points are valid and he could be finished soon at this rate, but thats why I suggested the strong arm approach rather than the wrap in cotton wool one that doesnt appear to be working.

In theory Best could produce, but he is a keaning idiot.

Jake doesnt appear to be a bad lad, just one short on confidence. Your points are valid and he could be finished soon at this rate, but thats why I suggested the strong arm approach rather than the wrap in cotton wool one that doesnt appear to be working.

It now has gone past the point of no return and he desperately needs taking out of the firing line. I will guarantee that every scouting report done for Rovers future opponents will mention his weaknesses of which there a few. I watched him at the end of the match last night and he looked an extremely forlorn figure as he walked slowly from the pitch with his head bowed. His body language told me that he might feel it is time for a breather.

I don't believe that there is a viable option arbitro. He's not good but on the flip side he did earn us all 3 points on Sat with a wonder save .... albeit instinctive cos he didn't have time to think. I dont think anybody decent will be in a rush to come here even if we could afford them.

Archived