SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Current chants

2 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

They wanted Norway or Sweden,

Paris or Rome,

All they got was Aberdeen,

Aberdeen at home.

I actually like it, it's clever rather than the generic 'we hate Burnley' chants. Nothing wrong with a bit of rivalry in songs, after all Burnley have 2 chants 'come on Burnley' and no nay never which is literally all about us...

That's not fair at all. They sing about Bertie Bee saying something to Bill Shankly and then "we are the Longside, Burnley" ad nauseam. Perhaps we should sing about Rover the Dog ?.

18 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

There's a star man running down the line,

His name is Adam Armstrong and he's only 4 foot 9

Memo to Mog the Smog.

There's a star man running down the right,

His name is Adam Armstrong and on the left he's shite.

2 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

They wanted Norway or Sweden,

Paris or Rome,

All they got was Aberdeen,

Aberdeen at home.

I actually like it, it's clever rather than the generic 'we hate Burnley' chants. Nothing wrong with a bit of rivalry in songs, after all Burnley have 2 chants 'come on Burnley' and no nay never which is literally all about us...

Could do with just one set of lyrics, though. Often below is sang instead/aswell as:

They dreamt of nights in Amsterdam,

Afternoons in Rome,

All they ended up with was Aberdeen at home,

Aberdeen at home.

• 10 months later...
  • Backroom

I like the Tosin chant but feel we need something for Nyambe that isn’t casually racist 

I also enjoy the Burnley one, it’s catchy even if it’s not accurate 

Edited by Tom
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom said:

I like the Tosin chant but feel we need something for Nyambe that isn’t casually racist 

I also enjoy the Burnley one, it’s catchy even if it’s not accurate 

What are the Tosin and Nyambe ones, can’t really work out the words from the Riverside?

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Tom said:

Imagine if we had as many chants for our players as we do whenever an ex Burnley player is spotted 

Im not one for the ex Burnley songs but I think thats unfair. The support for the team again was brilliant including the chorus of "weve got Dack in attack" after he had missed the penalty.

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Im not one for the ex Burnley songs but I think thats unfair. The support for the team again was brilliant including the chorus of "weve got Dack in attack" after he had missed the penalty.

No doubt but I would wager there were more chants at Wells in the first half than towards our lot, it’s a two way street and overall the fans have been superb this season it’s just a bug bear of mine 

Ive just gone into grumpy old man mode and try to distract my lad when the chants of ‘xxx sh*gs his mum’ start 

I don't know why people would sing so much about the dingles. They're doing far better than us and have been for a long time.

Next season is going to be painful. I can't see playing them being a joyful experience. 

Although what else do we have to shout about? This club has been turned into nothing other than a laughing stock for ove a decade now. We have been stripped of all pride and honor and turned into little mire than a punchline.

90s nostalgia for me goes far far beyond diadora trainers and adidas popper trackys.

• 5 months later...
  • Backroom

Hyam

He left Coventry, came up to the Rovers

(For two million)

He saw us doing it the way we do it

And then

Came to bolster our defence

and he'll chop you down.

Don't tell us you know best

He's not the same as all the rest!

HYAMMMM the one and onlyyyy!