BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Current chants

I read this on the Jordan Rhodes thread and thought it was quite good even though its been nicked from The Cockney Mancs.

Jordan Rhodes take me home to the place where we belong,

To the Premiership with The Rovers,

Take me home,

Jordan Rhodes

Carpenters tune if memory serves me correct, Accrington Stanley, who are they ? I hear the young 'uns shout!

Anyways, I thought it appropriate.

Edited by darrenrover

Pedant alert. Wasn't it a John Denver song DR? Though I seem to remember Olivia Neutron Bomb (teenage hormone alert) did a version. Anyway, back at the chants............

Lol ! Probably correct Neil, I never was a font of music knowledge but I'm sure you got the drift!

Anyway, how fit was she?

• Backroom

How about this one for the MOM last two games?

"Hark the Blackburn Rovers sing

He's from Norway, he love's his bling

Watch him running down the wing

He's fast as **** , he's name's Josh King"

To the tune of Hark The Herald Angels!

Nice!

Lol ! Probably correct Neil, I never was a font of music knowledge but I'm sure you got the drift!

Anyway, how fit was she?

OLJ was without doubt the pin up of the seventies, still think she's fit now,

As for the chants keep the blue flag flying high

That gets everyone going.

How about this one for the MOM last two games?

"Hark the Blackburn Rovers sing

He's from Norway, he love's his bling

Watch him running down the wing

He's fast as **** , he's name's Josh King"

To the tune of Hark The Herald Angels!

Don't know if this was in response to my post on Pg1 or not but yeah, I like that.

he's got a long name

he's got a long naaaaaaaaame

Zurab Khizanishvili

he's got a long name

such a sweet sweet sound ^_^

Jordan Rhodes, takes us home

To the place, where we belong

Premier League, for Jack Walker

Take us home, Jordan Rhodes

Love these two!

I saw one on the internet, can anyone confirm if this has ever been sung or not?

Keep the red rose in my heart keep me Rovers,
Keep the red rose in my heart I pray,
Keep the red rose in my heart keep me Rovers,
Keep me Rovers till my dying day.

We are Rovers, we are Rovers,
we are Rovers til our dying day,
We are Rovers, we are Rovers,
we are Rovers til our dying day

The problem you get at Ewood is that, for anything other than the 2/3 standard chants, only half a dozen people join in - so it sounds awful.

If you had 3 stands (or even just the Blackburn End) singing the Rhodes one, for example, it'd sound great.

Creativity has never been our fans' strong point, in fairness.

Our home chants tend to be reactive to something good happening on the pitch from a particular player.

The last couple of years we haven't had many.

A crunching Givet or Salgado challenge... Ole Ole Ole-Ole... or Salgado-oh-oh-oh.

A Rhodes goal... He scores when...

After that it's been largely "Kean Out" and "der-der-der der-der-der der-der-der der-der."

Haven't been away for a while but I expect most chants start on the road.

How about a tongue in cheek tribute to those upstairs ?

He buys cheap chairs and supports Nob End

Got the job because of his friend

At least he speaks unlike Burnley Bob

whose still got an FA tie stuffed in his gob

Derek , Derek , Derek Derek Shaw

He writes in contracts what he wants

Derek Derek Shaw

Confused by technology like a fax Machine

Going rogue blessed by the Chicken Queen

Lost 2 million quid with the flash of his pen

Looking like deepdale all over again

Derek , Derek , Derek Derek Shaw

He writes in contracts what he wants

Derek Derek Shaw

We used to sing a different one in the 80's as well.

Were gonna fly over Burnley as high we can,

Show each other the way that they ran,

Ask the pilot how high can he go,

The s..t on the b.......s below, below.

For me, I have always been disappointed that we don't have an anthem particular to our club. Stoke, West Ham, Liverpool and others...when they sing their anthems and all join in it makes the hair stand up on your neck.

Going down the Bolton Road is probably our 'go to' chant, or somebodys 'blue and white army' for the masses, but others sing both of these with different wording so it is hardly exclusive to the club.

Anthems take years to integrate and become accepted and universally recognised. If we could create one now, our kids and their kids would have it for them to enjoy, something exclusive to the Rovers. But that is where I reach a full stop.

Any thoughts? Maybe something from days gone by, long forgotten. Our current chants are uninspiring and we need something that everyone is happy to join in to.

Don't post often but read a lot, and just had too reply to this as I have often thought the same, an anthem doesnt have to be football related as onlyonejack highlights with his above teams, I would love us to do 'Bring me Sunshine' the Morecambe and Wise theme complete with hands behind the head routine at the end for a visual impact,too old for some???

How about a version of Uprising by Muse

They will not force us

They will stop degrading us

They will not control us

Cause we are Blackburn Rovers

Bounce up and down at the end!!!!

As for bringing the Drummer back you can stick that where the sun don't shine, as one who had to sit just in front of the 3 of them for several games when they first turned up in the Blackburn End I speak from first hand experience that they ruined my enjoyment and indeed did try to drown out any chant without a drum beat, only got rid of them to the front when I threatened Rovers with a decibel test that they were damaging my hearing and I would sue!!

Remember when we got promoted and being at the front of the barrier outside the town hall with my mates and us starting off loads of chants. We were still schoolies. What a great evening. I ended up on Granada Reports shaking hands with King Kenny.

Bobby Mimms came past and joined in with some of our chanting, and I shook hands with Jack too. I feel very lucky to have enjoyed such moments following Rovers.

• Backroom

Remember when we got promoted and being at the front of the barrier outside the town hall with my mates and us starting off loads of chants. We were still schoolies. What a great evening. I ended up on Granada Reports shaking hands with King Kenny.

Bobby Mimms came past and joined in with some of our chanting, and I shook hands with Jack too. I feel very lucky to have enjoyed such moments following Rovers.

Was that when 'always look on the bright side of life' was sang and hendry showed us his bum from a balcony or was that after winning the league?

Can we not have a fresh one for the Dingle match.

Along the lines of...

They thought they had won, they though they had wooooooonnnn..

Who were they kidding,

We have David Dunn....

Or something along the lines with Dunn as a rhyme. (Again to the same tune as always).

• Like 1