BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Current chants

Bump.

Whenever I manage to watch a game on TV I can hear the chants and sort of make out a tune, but I can never hear the words.

Can anybody update me with some more popular or new chants? Thanks

Edit: Also does 'Keep the red rose in my heart' ever get sung?

The Darwen end lot seem to sing a variety of songs but it's hard to actually here them. And when the BBE make a noise it's usually Barmy Army. Makes the atmosphere at home awful how the BBE and Darwen end never actually sing in unison.

Our collection of chants (especially at home) is pretty poor and unimaginative. Years of having the drummer seemed to limit decent new chants

I blame comprehensive education and Playstations for the lack of humour, invention and wit.

Much more imagination and innovation employed in the 60's and 70's and much more spontaneity too. Sat was set up for a quick 'where's your incey gone?' to the tune of chirpy chirpy cheep cheep and 'Ruby , Ruby, Ruby' could be easily adapted too. 'Down with the North End' would've wound em up too. There's loads of opportunity for a spot of originallity now that we don't have to concentrate on the football as much. :rover:.

Edited by thenodrog

I blame comprehensive education and Playstations for the lack of humour, invention and wit.

Much more imagination and innovation employed in the 60's and 70's and much more spontaneity too. Sat was set up for a quick 'where's your incey gone?' to the tune of chirpy chirpy cheep cheep and 'Ruby , Ruby, Ruby' could be easily adapted too. 'Down with the North End' would've wound em up too. There's loads of opportunity for a spot of originallity now that we don't have to concentrate on the football as much. :rover:.

You're spot on Theno. Social media and zombiesque promoting xbox stuff has a lot to answer for.

But chirpy chirpy cheep cheep FFS! Better these days something to the tune of I'm gonna pop that cap up you're arse bitch!

It'll never be the same again sadly, not just at Ewood. The stories from our era will go down in folklore.

Bump.

Whenever I manage to watch a game on TV I can hear the chants and sort of make out a tune, but I can never hear the words.

Can anybody update me with some more popular or new chants? Thanks

Edit: Also does 'Keep the red rose in my heart' ever get sung?

The one that is (was) very much in vogue during January was "Don't sell Rhodes, super Jordan Rhodes..." Pretty much drowned out every other chant at the games I went to in January!

The one that is (was) very much in vogue during January was "Don't sell Rhodes, super Jordan Rhodes..." Pretty much drowned out every other chant at the games I went to in January!

I seriously doubt there was even a bid to turn down. Edited by thenodrog

The quality of banter and chants at football has become worse over the years, and much of it is now decidedly crude and sometimes plain embarrassing. I suspect social forces are at work here - much of the humour in the old days came from the factory floor and production lines and of course our manufacturing capacity has been decimated over the past 30 years.

Edited by Wilpshire Blue

All seating hasnt helped with chants. Was easier to start new songs when groups where all stood together.

Given the amount of empty spaces on the Blackburn End there should be no problem for singers to get together.

You lot are lucky to have chants - I am in the Jack walker stand - we don't have chants.

Magic isn't it. :tu: