BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Loan Signings...

Veevs

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something in Swedish media? Thought he went to Turkey.

Manchester City have turned down a bid from Trabzonspor to take John Guidetti on loan as the striker is still not fit enough to play.

The 21-year-old Swedish striker has suffered with injury and a debilitating virus which curtailed a successful loan spell with Feyenoord in 2012

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2414230/Manchester-City-reject-Trabzonspor-loan-bid-John-Guidetti.html#ixzz2fM4XVVUV

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Guidetti would be a terrible loan signing. Don't get me wrong he will be a very good player and impressed me at Feyenoord, but we would need him to do a job instantly not in the future, and that would be very difficult for the kid to do considering he hasn't played for a year or so. I would have gone in for Stephen Dobbie if we do even want a striker, I think Blackpool have made a very astute signing in him.

That may have a bit of truth in it, but how would he build the contact book when he's only been reserve team manager? It's a chicken and egg situation (no pun intended). I doubt there were any experienced manager willing to come in worth mentioning, so we were stuck with the one bright spot in a awful season. He needs time to make a name for himself, and is doing a fairly good job so far. How long has it taken Nigel Clough to turn Derby into promotion possibilities? And he didn't have such a massive job cleaning up after 34 idiot managers, the first of whom is (allegedly) a conniving crook.

We need a D of F type with these contacts, and Bowyer to do the coaching, picking the team etc.

This was the one issue I had with Bowyer, his lack of experience in the transfer market. There is no way that all other clubs are making some decent loan signings, and yet GB says its difficult to bring somebody in. We will most likely end up with nobody, or some bench warmer who don't really need.

Bowyers lack of experience is there for all to see. He may well be a nice guy but from the outside looking in his contact book seems bare. Good young players going here, there and everywhere but not to us...

How do you know it is Bowyers fault ? One area he is knowledgeable is young talent - like Lingard. Just possibly we are working to a budget or possibly he wants a more experienced player which is more difficult to fit in our budget. Also Bowyer identifies the player it is down to Shaw to negotiate.

Bowyers lack of experience is there for all to see. He may well be a nice guy but from the outside looking in his contact book seems bare. Good young players going here, there and everywhere but not to us...

Wasn't it mentioned in the media this week that he has to get someone off the wage bill before he can bring somebody in? Losing £27.1 million would suggest that we are looking to offload before we could bring anyone in even on loan as we would be adding another wage to the bill. If you add up all the players who are being paid wages - Academy, Under-21 squad, Senior squad - we already have far too many. The problem is we are overloaded with average players, many of whom will never make the first team on a regular basis but who still have to be paid.

Archived