BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jordan Rhodes

Tom

Interesting that some reports are now starting to come in suggesting that Rhodes is "unhappy" that the bid from Wigan wasnt accepted?!?!?!

No player in the history of football has been "unhappy" at not joining Wigan.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No player in the history of football has been "unhappy" at not joining Wigan.

Good point. I reckon he's have been annoyed if we had knocked back a Prem side but not Wigan. Next summer will be a different kettle of fish though with our parachute money dropping by £10M and FFP coming in. We may need to ship him out to boost our incomings. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

Diziet2 - are you saying BRFC still owe £6million to Huddersfield on the Rhodes deal?

Great bit of business last summer on Rover's part if true.

Your fellow HTFC fans on this messageboard were convinced it was 100% cash upfront or no deal for Rhodes.

You're missing my point.

The above goes without saying but the net effect is the same whenever we sell him.

Plus, there would come a point with 12-18 months of his contract to go when his value starts to plateau then decline in accordance with the lessening time left on his contract.

Old news and people just recycling some sour grapes from our old chum and ince's best mate Oliver Holt I'd imagine

I think we all realise that the only way realistically that Rhodes will be with us next season is if we are promoted - so can't see his contract getting any less than 24 months.

If Rhodes gets 15+ before January I could see him leaving

Interesting thought.

If Rhodes scores 15 we could be potentially in the play-offs and looking up - possibly creating a good case for staying.

If he doesn't score enough, we could be nearer lower-mid table increasing his chances of going.

I guess we need to have the other players chip in with the goals, reducing the reliance on Rhodes. We can hold out for more cash or even cope without him.

Or he could get injured tomorrow... football's a funny old game.

Completely depends on who (if anyone) is willing to pay what we would accept though.

He could score 35 by Xmas, but if nobody matches the (hopefully excessive) amount we'd accept for him, he'll be going nowhere.

Still waiting on an explanation of:

1) Why the Hudds chairman felt the need to give intricate details of a transfer to fans, and

2) Why him telling said Hudds fans that Rhodes was sold for £8m makes it true.

Birmingham are still telling their fans that Dann was sold for upwards of £7m, when in reality it was a tad under £3m.

I fully expect that we paid £3/4m for Rhodes, paid over several years and the rest of the '£8m' is made up of performance, goal and promotion related add-ons.

Completely depends on who (if anyone) is willing to pay what we would accept though.

He could score 35 by Xmas, but if nobody matches the (hopefully excessive) amount we'd accept for him, he'll be going nowhere.

1) Why the Hudds chairman felt the need to give intricate details of a transfer to fans, and

Birmingham are still telling their fans that Dann was sold for upwards of £7m, when in reality it was a tad under £3m.

I fully expect that we paid £3/4m for Rhodes, paid over several years and the rest of the '£8m' is made up of performance, goal and promotion related add-ons.

Sounds likely to me.

Funny how things change. There was a time I really cared about how much Rovers made from transfer fees, add ons and gate receipts, wanting them to get the best deal.

Now it's all about how much V's lose..which I care less about.

Every time I start to resent Rovers missing out on add ons for Jones, I just reind myself it's Venky's ...and it is all their fault..

Precisely. It's a small consolation that Venky's massively overpaid for Rhodes and they are unlikely to recoup that money unless there is a similarly badly-run Premier League outfit willing to throw money away. It's classic mismanagement on their part - cut costs when you first take over and then splash out later to try to rectify the mistakes. Managers have never heard of the maxim "if it ain't broke don't fix it".

Diziet2 - are you saying BRFC still owe £6million to Huddersfield on the Rhodes deal?

Great bit of business last summer on Rover's part if true.

Your fellow HTFC fans on this messageboard were convinced it was 100% cash upfront or no deal for Rhodes.

please refer to this thread

http://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php/topic/29363-jordan-rhodes-transfer-details-and-dean-hoyles-view/

"I think you'll find large parts of the interview relatively interesting and it is useful information for yourselves. The interview is Huddersfield orientated but Hoyle spends a decent amount of time discussing the Jordan Rhodes transfer including the details of the payment structure. Just to add to it. Ipswich had a 10% sell on clause so they got £800,000.

http://audioboo.fm/boos/1342833

from 3mins 20s"

on record with Radio leeds clearly stating the break down of the Rhodes deal... Also backed up by the CEO Nigel Clibbens also stating on record that the 8 million pound is guaranteed over a 5 year payment plan. so as of now you he either paid 2 million or 4 million depending if this years 2 million segment has gone through.

As I remember the only add ons apply after the 8 million guaranteed and could rise to a potential 9.5 million and the the 20% sell-on on top of that.

------------------------------

Most of that is old news and was not my intention on going back over old ground. What is new and would have an effect on any future transfer is that if you sell Rhodes then anything left owed from the million has to immediately be paid to HTAFC and seond the size of the sell-on is 20% ... before I though it could be either 15% or 25% but wasn't sure. So that's the new stuff.

N.B. I'm wasn't intending on clogging up the thread will year old stufff, more how this new info might effect your coming transfers.

I could've sworn that you (or the other Ben), said on the day that Rhodes went that it was 100% cash upfront.

This was obvioulsy a rumour designed to make the loss easier to swallow.

Risky business agreeing to a £6m future receivable from Rovers!

I could've sworn that you (or the other Ben), said on the day that Rhodes went that it was 100% cash upfront.

This was obvioulsy a rumour designed to make the loss easier to swallow.

Risky business agreeing to a £6m future receivable from Rovers!

No worries it is guaranteed by the FA. IF Blackburn were liquidated or cannot pay any of the instalments the FA will pay the short fall... I don't know how that works but that came out at a Q&A session with Hoyle and the CEO of Town in response to someone asking the question of what if BRFC went bust before 5 years were up. .... old ground though....

I can see him going for 8 or 10 million possibly in January probalby next summer, if you are not promoted. Not sure you are strong enough though this year though?

Can't believe I keep logging on to this website day on day. What a depressing lot of keans, truly believe that forums such as this and Facebook pages and twitter has done nothing but hinder the clubs progress over recent years..

I know there are some amazing people on here, and I know to well the bullshit going on. But people have done well from all this bullshit..

Makes me sick to be honest, just stoked we still have JR. Not his biggest fan but how can you not love him.. COYB..

Just back to reading the papers and watching for me and getting over when i can and supporting the mighty Rovers, not listening to half whits on forums or social media!!

easy answer, dont bother logging on

Would be interesting to see the full cost of the Rhodes deal including fees to others and Rhodes agent, it was rumoured at the time that there were a couple of hangers on involved ( and no not that tantric dancing one ) brought in by Shelfy to help tie up the deal, and then of course there's the thought did shelfy actually include in the contract what he was told to this time or had he not gone rogue then?.

Also be interesting to know what triggers the add ons , I presume Promotion would be one of them?, number of goals scored ? Scotland International appearances?

come january clubs in and around the bottom 3 in the PL will be desperate for a goalscorer and will pay over the odds , but how many will take the risk of paying £10m+ fee plus his reported 40k a week wages , when there is still a distinct possibilty they'll still get relegated

clubs outside the bottom 3 will probably wait til summer , in any case i think we've got him for at least the season

Not asked the question in a long time , but my recollection of the Rhodes deal is

1. No release clause ,

2. No sell on clause

3. Paid upfront and at a premium .

Read these reports of us oweing money on the deal , but I'm pretty certain that is not the case .

I recall quite clearly last summer the panic when players who were expected to leave to balance the books did not go . In fact N'zonzi was sold well below what we valued him at just to pull back some of the outlay on Rhodes .

The player is happy at Rovers , so reports to the contrary are just mischief .

At some point I will share the whole Rhodes tale , how it happened , why it happened and how Rovers came to break their transfer record on a player who was never a target !!

Not asked the question in a long time , but my recollection of the Rhodes deal is

1. No release clause ,

2. No sell on clause

3. Paid upfront and at a premium .

Read these reports of us oweing money on the deal , but I'm pretty certain that is not the case .

I recall quite clearly last summer the panic when players who were expected to leave to balance the books did not go . In fact N'zonzi was sold well below what we valued him at just to pull back some of the outlay on Rhodes .

The player is happy at Rovers , so reports to the contrary are just mischief .

At some point I will share the whole Rhodes tale , how it happened , why it happened and how Rovers came to break their transfer record on a player who was never a target !!

so your saying Huddersfield have received the whole 8 million in one lump sum payment and these reports mostly from nixon that we were due a 2.5 mill payment to them on 31st of august as un true ?

• Moderation Lead

so your saying Huddersfield have received the whole 8 million in one lump sum payment and these reports mostly from nixon that we were due a 2.5 mill payment to them on 31st of august as un true ?

Nixon's a massive troll with an even more Scottish anti-Rovers agenda?

Archived