BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jordan Rhodes

Tom

I've just answered your question.

btw whats it like in your world chaddy?

I'm very good thanks. looking forward to Christmas and spending it with Family and Friends thanks. plus watching all the football/films over the Christmas and new year period aswell.

hope this answered your question.

now back to Rhodes issue. I would like Rhodes to stay. he seems to be enjoying his football here and playing for Bowyer.

He had a good game yesterday and thought he hold up play was much better. his finish was great and show exactly how good he is as a finisher.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm very good thanks. looking forward to Christmas and spending it with Family and Friends thanks. plus watching all the football/films over the Christmas and new year period aswell.

hope this answered your question.

now back to Rhodes issue. I would like Rhodes to stay. he seems to be enjoying his football here and playing for Bowyer.

He had a good game yesterday and thought he hold up play was much better. his finish was great and show exactly how good he is as a finisher.

Would you like to pay £100 for a match ticket then?

Anyway if the club believes him to be worth a rise why not simply offer him a rise in line with inflation? 35-50kpw is a rise of almost 50%! Who tf can justify that these days?

• Backroom

Offer him £60k a week but we can't lose Rhodes. Anyone that would sell him and arguing that the new contract is not deserved/justified then you're living in bubble.

When there's still 3.5years to run on it? As Tom said, just don't accept bids umless silly money comes calling.

• Backroom

Offer him £60k a week but we can't lose Rhodes. Anyone that would sell him and arguing that the new contract is not deserved/justified then you're living in bubble.

He doesn't justify £50k a week in this league no matter how good he is

• Moderation Lead

I find it hard to believe people are advocating a wage rise for Jordan Rhodes when he's already probably one of the best paid players in the league as it is and we can't afford that given our financial results!!

IF this is true and IF Venkys are willing to do this then it represents to me a remarkable show of support and commitment to the club. Given that Rhodes is already one of the biggest earners at the club and in the Championship altogether and still has more than 3 years left to run on his original deal it would be an unprecedented show of determination to retain him, at a time when most people are expecting us to sell him.

A new contract for Rhodes can only be a good thing. People refer to the FFP rules as a problem. I think there is going to be a lot of difficulty enforcing sanctions on clubs without those clubs making legal challenges to it. If we are going to be placed under an embargo 12 months from now then one possible way of dealing with it would be to make our signings and spend money now, including tying down our best players long term, so that the difficulties caused by an embargo are to some extent dealt with in advance.

I don't think there's any point selling the likes of Rhodes in some sort of fire sale to attempt to meet the regulations when in all likelihood that wouldn't be enough anyway, we'd still post a big loss and we'd still be under an embargo but with no chance of getting promotion.

Why offer him a new contract? Because we won't go up this year. Therefore will get a transfer embargo. He's our only route out of this league. If we ever got to a playoff final, he's the only player you'd be comfortable with the ball falling to.

• Backroom

None of that explains how it's any different on his current contract or a new one though

Either way if a premier league team came in he would want to go, either way the club could accept or reject any bid they want unless there's a clause we don't know about

If it would guarantee we would keep him then it would be more understandable but still too much money in my opinion

Guest Norbert

Get as much as we can for him..................then bid for Ings. He might be bought for less and be slightly cheaper on wages.

Or take the money and give them Best in disguise.

Archived