BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer

Gary reminds me of that comfortable old jumper that you love to lounge around in.

Prosaic, threadbare in places and barely aspirational but by very definition comfortable. In your comfort zone. You're hardly going to bedeck yourself in it when galavanting and equally when you are looking to excel and captivate. For that you dig out the dinner jacket and vanquish your rival bachelors/spinsters with peerless loveliness and seductive bonhomie.

Is it time to dig out said dinner jacket with a comely, beckoning eyeful attainable in reality; but seemingly not in the game theory undergone in the pooped pullover, where a crisis of confidence has at times been debilitating? Is it time to disrobe and don a more gravitational get-up? Best bib-and-tucker? Or will the jaded jumpers exploited sag and atlas of stains stun the suited-and-booted with a sartorial swoop so startling even Mercerman's bookie was not offering odds on such a fibre flabbergast?

I suppose Vialli proved what could be achieved in a pullover of no mean virtue as he charmed the pants off many and trophies to the cabinet. But then he was binned with the hand-me-downs in a wardrobe overhaul and whats to say it wasn't refusal to jilt the jumper that left him hanging by a thread? Can Gary tailor designs to iron-out the creases allowing a real promotion push to materialise? Is it time he took off either the belt or braces cramping our style?

Or am I just being too clothes-minded.............................? :blush::rolleyes::blush:

Brilliant.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And (assuming that you have seen the incident) you have the nerve to comment on Hanley's stupidity! Handley was stupid at wigan but v Forest he was simply doing his job.

For the first penalty, I thought Hanley just "stood him up", but the picture wasn't perfect on our computer. Hanley may not be an intellectual genius, but he is not always wrong!

Stupidity is a word I would have used about the ref, but he seemed all too desperate to please the crowd.

Gary reminds me of that comfortable old jumper that you love to lounge around in.

Prosaic, threadbare in places and barely aspirational but by very definition comfortable. In your comfort zone. You're hardly going to bedeck yourself in it when galavanting and equally when you are looking to excel and captivate. For that you dig out the dinner jacket and vanquish your rival bachelors/spinsters with peerless loveliness and seductive bonhomie.

Is it time to dig out said dinner jacket with a comely, beckoning eyeful attainable in reality; but seemingly not in the game theory undergone in the pooped pullover, where a crisis of confidence has at times been debilitating? Is it time to disrobe and don a more gravitational get-up? Best bib-and-tucker? Or will the jaded jumpers exploited sag and atlas of stains stun the suited-and-booted with a sartorial swoop so startling even Mercerman's bookie was not offering odds on such a fibre flabbergast?

I suppose Vialli proved what could be achieved in a pullover of no mean virtue as he charmed the pants off many and trophies to the cabinet. But then he was binned with the hand-me-downs in a wardrobe overhaul and whats to say it wasn't refusal to jilt the jumper that left him hanging by a thread? Can Gary tailor designs to iron-out the creases allowing a real promotion push to materialise? Is it time he took off either the belt or braces cramping our style?

Or am I just being too clothes-minded.............................? :blush::rolleyes::blush:

I like your analogy, but it does fill me with dread. The trouble with our Indian..er.. outfitters is their fashion extremes.

Even now, as Bowyer takes to the air, they may already be measuring us up for another hair shirt.

We have already tried 3, and i remember the awful irritation and itch all over.

On the other hand, I can't forget my anxiety at their original, very public window shopping, on our behalf, for garish, Harold and Hilda matching sweaters- from Argentina, I think.

Anyway, they continue to pull the wool over us!

You're boring the pants off me now Leonard.

That was below the belt.

You're a bit of a wolf in sheep's clothing you are.

I was already in rags.

Those off the cuff rejoinders have left me on your coattails.

Try a day in my shoes.

I'll have to put on the sack cloth and ashes now.

These puns are rather unfashionable. Old Hat even...

I'm off to knit my brows.

Smarty pants :blush:

Hanley's stupidity is the reason we concede the first goal. Utterly unnecessary given the situation. Sure it's soft but it's time he stopped charging round the pitch like a bull in a china shop

Hanley did nothing that every other central defender does week in week out.

The ref was weak and went with the home crowds appeals.

For the first penalty, I thought Hanley just "stood him up", but the picture wasn't perfect on our computer. Hanley may not be an intellectual genius, but he is not always wrong!

Stupidity is a word I would have used about the ref, but he seemed all too desperate to please the crowd.

The view was pretty perfect from where I stood about 10 yards away for all 4 incidents. The first penalty was absurd, the second stonewall and the fouls on Taylor and Hanley in the second half both clear penalties. There was another incident late in the game when King was just pushed off the ball two handed by the defender, although that was outside the area.

I've personally been pretty relaxed about refereeing standards over the last 18 months - I can barely remember a game when I felt we had had a really bad one but Mr Deadman was dreadful

• Backroom

I'm prone to criticising Hanley, but I don't think he did anything wrong for the first penalty. The ref was simply influenced by the home crowd and gave it. Can't have any complaints about the second, though.

You're boring the pants off me now Leonard.

That was below the belt.

You're a bit of a wolf in sheep's clothing you are.

I was already in rags.

Those off the cuff rejoinders have left me on your coattails.

Try a day in my shoes.

I'll have to put on the sack cloth and ashes now.

These puns are rather unfashionable. Old Hat even...

I'm off to knit my brows.

Smarty pants :blush:

Brilliant. What a great message board. Even my wife laughed at this!

If Hanley can ever learn when is and when isn't the time to 'charge round the pitch' he might actually make a decent centre half. Until then he's going to have these moments i'm afraid. Personally speaking i like to see at least one of my centre halves have the desire to smash through anything in front of him and put his body on the line. But there aren't many who can do it really well. Thats what i loved about Phil Jones. That lad knew when was appropriate to clatter through somebody and when not too. And even he would get it wrong on occassion. Hanley, i'm afraid, is a long way off being another Jones.

If Hanley can ever learn when is and when isn't the time to 'charge round the pitch' he might actually make a decent centre half. Until then he's going to have these moments i'm afraid. Personally speaking i like to see at least one of my centre halves have the desire to smash through anything in front of him and put his body on the line. But there aren't many who can do it really well. Thats what i loved about Phil Jones. That lad knew when was appropriate to clatter through somebody and when not too. And even he would get it wrong on occassion. Hanley, i'm afraid, is a long way off being another Jones.

I think you have a good point, but on the occasion of the first pen, he was innocent.

As for being a long way off Phil Jones, I assume you mean he has never bought a rope or been near a garden in Gethsemane?

Never mind Handley, from what I have seen lately Phil Jones is a long way off Phil Jones.

I genuinely think Hanley has learned a valuable lesson after his stupidity at Wigan. His aggression seems to be more controlled and channelled in a more positive direction. From memory he can't have had more than a couple of cautions since then. As I recall last season he missed two games for accumulating ten yellow cards. I don't think he will ever become another Jones (the version we knew) but he can have a really good career if he carries on improving.

The table would look a lot different if he had not been sent off and subsequently suspended. Difficult to say for sure of course but IMO that single act of crass stupidity cost us between 3 and 6 points. Some People might not be quite so critical of the manager as they are.

Not when they were outclassed and tried to make the hard of thinking think it was all down to the ref

But we'll take the positives and work to keep Derby down to 3

Not often teams of that calibre are outclassed but all of them seemed to have a moan about the ref when they lost. Concensus of opinion from those that attended was the ref was a homer. As for taking positives someone must have taken yours cos ive never read any from you.

Not often teams of that calibre are outclassed but all of them seemed to have a moan about the ref when they lost. Concensus of opinion from those that attended was the ref was a homer. As for taking positives someone must have taken yours cos ive never read any from you.

If all the posters had the same agenda as BAWA and MM- this message board would be completely unbearable.

However, thanks to people like Rolo PB- we don't have to continuously suffer the opinions of negative trolls who can barely be arsed to use scope to form opinion, never mind actually go to Ewood.

GB was appointed full-time manager in May 2013

I can't think of any Rovers manager who has done as well in his first 8 months

and I would tentatively include King Kenny in that (as despite Uncle Jacks money we limped into the playoffs).

GB has transformed a club beset with charlatans into an energetic, hungry squad who are disappointed not to have moved into a playoff position on saturday.

At the same time he's had to move on the majority of the squad and has had pitiful amounts of money to spend on replacements.

I don't really care about formations this and tactics that.

He's brought in good players, who want to play for him rather than money, and he gets my vote.

At the same time he's had to move on the majority of the squad and has had pitiful amounts of money to spend on replacements.

I keep reading this kind of post. Firstly, I doubt that he's "had" to move on the "majority of the squad", and secondly how much in transfer fees and wages have the 15 players (so far) he's signed, cost? The argument that he's had no backing in the transfer market doesn't stand up to scrutiny. Who was the last manager, apart from Dalglish in the Walker era, to be allowed to bring in this many players - any answers? Let's have some facts.

I keep reading this kind of post. Firstly, I doubt that he's "had" to move on the "majority of the squad", and secondly how much in transfer fees and wages have the 15 players (so far) he's signed, cost? The argument that he's had no backing in the transfer market doesn't stand up to scrutiny. Who was the last manager, apart from Dalglish in the Walker era, to be allowed to bring in this many players - any answers? Let's have some facts.

Look at the fees he's paid for players den. There are no major signings but he's had to shop in the bargain basement. Yes there have been a number of new arrivals but £1m for Marshall is about the top fee. He's done a pretty decent job under the circumstances. He is also having to reduce the wage bill and get rid of a huge amount of deadwood. He is not a miracle worker. He is in his first job in management and I think the majority of fans are fairly happy with what he is doing. Fans going to games are actually optimistic which is a huge step forward. We might not get into the play-offs this season but I think most people can see that Gary is turning things around in the right direction.

There are quite a few undisclosed Gestede etc

But what we know

IN

Transfer Fees:

Ben Marshall £1,000,000

Corry Evans £750,000

Tom Cairney £500,000

OUT

Mauro Formica £600,000

Martin Olsson £2,500,000

As regards wages High earners we've shipped out

DJ Campbell 25k

Ruben Rochina ?

Bradley Orr 25k

Gael Givet 30-40k

MGP 30-40k

Nuno Gomes 40k

Danny Murphy 45k

I bet none of the lads that have come in earn as much as the lowest one there

Look at the fees he's paid for players den. There are no major signings but he's had to shop in the bargain basement. Yes there have been a number of new arrivals but £1m for Marshall is about the top fee. He's done a pretty decent job under the circumstances. He is also having to reduce the wage bill and get rid of a huge amount of deadwood. He is not a miracle worker. He is in his first job in management and I think the majority of fans are fairly happy with what he is doing. Fans going to games are actually optimistic which is a huge step forward. We might not get into the play-offs this season but I think most people can see that Gary is turning things around in the right direction.

You have to look at the wages as well Parson. The wages are all part of bringing a player in. It's the cost of the whole contract that matters, not just the transfer fee. These 15 players contracts will be costing the club millions.

I imagine every one of those 15 he brought in, were his choice as well. He must have thought they would have strengthened the squad, otherwise he wouldn't have brought them in. He didn't have to bring them in, heaven knows the squad was big enough already.

Getting rid of the deadwood isn't a problem eiither, is it? It should be beneficial to the club as a whole. Beneficial financially and beneficial to the squads morale. Has he been made to sell any player that he wanted to keep?

I'm happy to concede he's done OK. Let's not get carried away by how tough he's had it financially though Parson.

There are quite a few undisclosed Gestede etc

But what we know

IN

Transfer Fees:

Ben Marshall £1,000,000

Corry Evans £750,000

Tom Cairney £500,000

OUT

Mauro Formica £600,000

Martin Olsson £2,500,000

As regards wages High earners we've shipped out

DJ Campbell 25k

Ruben Rochina ?

Bradley Orr 25k

Gael Givet 30-40k

MGP 30-40k

Nuno Gomes 40k

Danny Murphy 45k

I bet none of the lads that have come in earn as much as the lowest one there

The lads going out is a plus mark, not a problem really. He and the club wanted rid of them all didn't they?

Archived