BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer

As previously stated there can only be so much goodwill from "not being Steve Kean" until it starts to wear thin. The man is not infallible.

While we are nowhere near that juncture, he is not unsackable. We have been down that road before.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As previously stated there can only be so much goodwill from "not being Steve Kean" until it starts to wear thin. The man is not infallible.

While we are nowhere near that juncture, he is not unsackable. We have been down that road before.

Yes we went down the road of sacking managers last season and a great success that proved to be. Rebuilding a football club is not a one year job. It's about giving a guy time to build for the long term not just for next week. I think United fans were saying the same thing about Fergie before he won a trophy. You can't judge a manager after six months. We are making steady progress and after the last three years that's not a bad achievement. I think the majority of fans realise that he's doing a decent job in difficult circumstances. Ultimately, he is a young manager who is still learning his trade and of course he will make mistakes. However, if we can finish in the top ten this season we will have a platform on which to build and I would be more than happy with that.

The players are on easy street. There are two types of people in the World. The ones who want to be part of the problem, and the ones who want to be part of the solution. We've got too many of the first group at the club.

Care to name names out of Bowyers usual squad? Surely he's sidelined many of the ones in the first group?

Good post Neal.

Bowyer doesn't set up teams to try to win, he sets up not to lose.

Surely a very good intention given that we have the best striker in the Division who scores virtually every game?

Perspective - 0-0 at half time away from home at a "playoff rival" and most of us would have been satisfied. 1 dodgy penalty and 1 idiotic challenge and the situation looks oh so different. Bowyer is being criticised for doing exactly what almost all on here have been saying for 3 years - make us more solid and build a team that actually gives a kean while cutting our budget by 60 percent.

Job done as far as i am concerned - he has brought in good, young players and has identified what is needed (a left back, a total overhaul in midfield, a "lone" striker, a backup central defender) and this "nice guy Gaz" line that i read is contrary to what is actually happening. Look at the facts - Best given a proper bollocking and then dropped totally, Kean/Eastwood - dropped when form went off, Gestede brought in (to almost universal complaints) and Rhodes benched when appropriate, Marrow/Judge (seen as Bowyers players) dropped as soon as it was evident they couldn't quite hack it...

The list goes on.

Should he be immune from criticism - no but it needs to be objective, constructive and have some perspective. If next season we aren't in playoff places at christmas then is the time for a change.

The promotion or bust quote is from shelfy by the way - not what i would call a credible source...

You aren't allowed to talk sense on here klc. Didn't you know?

Surely a very good intention given that we have the best striker in the Division who scores virtually every game?

Not really considering how many goals we're giving away. Best form of defence is attack where we're concerned. Relying on Dann, Lowe and Williamson not to lose is one sure way to lose games... Just like we are doing when they play.

Why do the majority of people always only quote half of the phrase,

lowest form of wit but the highest form of intelligence

I think you will find it's the highest form of ignorance.

I still think that people are overlooking the fact; Individual errors from mainly young players have cost us a hatful of points this season.

Henley on saturday, Kean in the home tie with forest. Kane dropped for clanger at ipswich, followed by another from Kean and Spurr. Hanley cost us 3 points at Wigan with a ridiculous decision, and Eastwood should have done better in the Brum home match. Marrow cost us 3 points opening game of the season, Lowe and that Charlatan at Brighton, Killa' giving a penalty away at Blackpool... And if my memory serves me correctly we it was Lowe and Spurr who cost us a penalty at the Leicester game!

I am sure there are more - but they stick out to me. The performances have been decent in my eyes, the results could have been better. We certainly are improving - and I expect us to bounce back at home on saturday like we did against Watford and Barnsley.

The last thing we need is Venkys to press the "circus" button

I do wish Bowyer would shut up about referees. We lost to the better team Saturday and there is no point going on about the ref. Just brings back memories of that slap headed tube to me, horrible memories of him "managing the message" after every shocking defeat.

I do wish Bowyer would shut up about referees. We lost to the better team Saturday and there is no point going on about the ref. Just brings back memories of that slap headed tube to me, horrible memories of him "managing the message" after every shocking defeat.

Yh I agree in general, though in his defence, we were on the wrong end of a few key decisions in that game. The 1st goal is always hugely important and that was never a penalty, even if Hanley is an idiot

Yh I agree in general, though in his defence, we were on the wrong end of a few key decisions in that game. The 1st goal is always hugely important and that was never a penalty, even if Hanley is an idiot

Agree. It is not a case of either or.Crap ref and poor performance. But....the ref did gift them the first goal

Hanley's stupidity is the reason we concede the first goal. Utterly unnecessary given the situation. Sure it's soft but it's time he stopped charging round the pitch like a bull in a china shop

I can't believe that anybody could even begin to believe that was remotely like a foul. Hanley did what all good defenders should do and was staying tight and forcing him away from goal. The referee bought the blatant act of simulation after the Forest player felt the slightest of contact. He should have been cautioned for deliberately attempting to deceive the referee.

Hanley's stupidity is the reason we concede the first goal. Utterly unnecessary given the situation. Sure it's soft but it's time he stopped charging round the pitch like a bull in a china shop

And (assuming that you have seen the incident) you have the nerve to comment on Hanley's stupidity! Handley was stupid at wigan but v Forest he was simply doing his job.

Gary reminds me of that comfortable old jumper that you love to lounge around in.

Prosaic, threadbare in places and barely aspirational but by very definition comfortable. In your comfort zone. You're hardly going to bedeck yourself in it when galavanting and equally when you are looking to excel and captivate. For that you dig out the dinner jacket and vanquish your rival bachelors/spinsters with peerless loveliness and seductive bonhomie.

Is it time to dig out said dinner jacket with a comely, beckoning eyeful attainable in reality; but seemingly not in the game theory undergone in the pooped pullover, where a crisis of confidence has at times been debilitating? Is it time to disrobe and don a more gravitational get-up? Best bib-and-tucker? Or will the jaded jumpers exploited sag and atlas of stains stun the suited-and-booted with a sartorial swoop so startling even Mercerman's bookie was not offering odds on such a fibre flabbergast?

I suppose Vialli proved what could be achieved in a pullover of no mean virtue as he charmed the pants off many and trophies to the cabinet. But then he was binned with the hand-me-downs in a wardrobe overhaul and whats to say it wasn't refusal to jilt the jumper that left him hanging by a thread? Can Gary tailor designs to iron-out the creases allowing a real promotion push to materialise? Is it time he took off either the belt or braces cramping our style?

Or am I just being too clothes-minded.............................? :blush::rolleyes::blush:

Gary reminds me of that comfortable old jumper that you love to lounge around in.

Prosaic, threadbare in places and barely aspirational but by very definition comfortable. In your comfort zone. You're hardly going to bedeck yourself in it when galavanting and equally when you are looking to excel and captivate. For that you dig out the dinner jacket and vanquish your rival bachelors/spinsters with peerless loveliness and seductive bonhomie.

Is it time to dig out said dinner jacket with a comely, beckoning eyeful attainable in reality; but seemingly not in the game theory undergone in the pooped pullover, where a crisis of confidence has at times been debilitating? Is it time to disrobe and don a more gravitational get-up? Best bib-and-tucker? Or will the jaded jumpers exploited sag and atlas of stains stun the suited-and-booted with a sartorial swoop so startling even Mercerman's bookie was not offering odds on such a fibre flabbergast?

I suppose Vialli proved what could be achieved in a pullover of no mean virtue as he charmed the pants off many and trophies to the cabinet. But then he was binned with the hand-me-downs in a wardrobe overhaul and whats to say it wasn't refusal to jilt the jumper that left him hanging by a thread? Can Gary tailor designs to iron-out the creases allowing a real promotion push to materialise? Is it time he took off either the belt or braces cramping our style?

Or am I just being too clothes-minded.............................? :blush::rolleyes::blush:

I hate shopping

Archived