BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan predictions

In the absence of a preview then perhaps a prediction thread ?

Going off previous over there i'll go for a score draw with poss a sending off and a penalty.

2 - 2 (Rhodes, Marshall)

13,973 (2,650 Rovers)

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the absence of a preview then perhaps a prediction thread ?

Going off previous over there i'll go for a score draw with poss a sending off and a penalty.

2 - 2 (Rhodes, Marshall)

13,973 (2,650 Rovers)

I won't predict the score, but I think you can add 1,000 to that away following !

Ive upped it and i'll stick at that ! Still don't reckon there is going to be the big late surge everyone thinks, simply because it's Sunday. Happy to be wrong though :)

You may have a point about the Sunday thing, but Rovers' fans do like going to Wigan, nice and affordable and just right distance for an away game,

even on a Sunday.

I was reading what 'Wee Coyley' had to say earlier, he reckons they were the better team at Watford last week(lost 1-0) and they should

have scored 6 or 7 in their Europa Cup game.(won 3-1) we'll see !

Is it going to be on TV?

2-2 (9. Best, 11. Even Better)

no not on tv. on Radio.Lancashire and the Rovers player.

Rovers to win 2-1. Rhodes and Hanley.

My Rovers team would be Kean; Kane, Hanley, Kilgallon, Spurr; Cairney, Lowe, Evans, King; Best, Rhodes.

Championship Trivia Quiz

1 We have two clean sheets on the trot, QPR are on a longer run though. How many?
2 Which Rover has made the Championship team of the week?
3 Which player, from just down the road, is rated the Championship top player so far? He also has SIX Man of the Match performances – including the game against us!
4 In the “successful pass rate” tables, Watford have 4 players in the top 20 and Wigan have 3. Can you name any of the Wigan lads?
5 How many games since we last won at Wigan?

Form guide - from the Watford game:
6 We had the FIVE top ranked players from this last match. Who are they? Who was Man of the Match?
7 Which player had a 96% successful pass rate?
8 Which Rover had the most touches (80) on the night? Hint: TC was next on 56.
9 You’ll never get this one. Who made the most tackles (7)?
10 What % possession did we have in the match?

Answers: 1. 7, 2. JR, 3. Vokes, 4. McCann Maloney Perch, 5. 6, 6. TC (MoM) JR GH JKg TK, 7. JL,
8. TS, 9. JKg, 10. 43

Data from whoscored.com

• Backroom

After two great wins in a row a point would be another great result keeping our mini run going

Fortune favours the brave though and it is winnable

• Backroom

Will be a tight game, won by a single goal as long as both teams perform properly. If we put in a Huddersfield performance we'll lose by 2 or 3 though, so I hope we carry our confidence and good vein of form into this match.

Wigan seem to really be up for this one, didn`t realise it but apparently we are to them, what Burnley are to us, as far as local rivalry is concerned, their forums are suggesting this is their big match of the season :huh: . They`ll be raising their game but 1-3 to Rovers and I wouldn`t be surprised if we see a sending off, the Ref loves to throw his cards around, lets just hope it isn`t one of our lads. If the weather holds out tomorrow I`d say close to a sellout for the Rovers fans.

There should be a touch of tiredness in Wigans play so you'd think Rovers would get into them first half and put the game out of sight by half time.

Sounds wonderful, but somewhat unlikely. Wigan are the home team and are away record is very poor, Bournemouth aside. Expecting a hard fought game with the odd goal clinching it.

Big away following should lift the rovers, but going off previous results it is never easy to predict the result at Wigan! Had some strange performances there over the years, but always a good day out (usually freezing cold)

Archived