BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Currie lines up new bid?

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't read the thread and am somewhat dumbfounded from where it started.

Unfortunately it's all a load of boll0-ks

Strange how these things become rumours.

To be fair though, it doesn't seem to have taken all that seriously anyway.

Pretty sure he's not referring to you.

I think it's that Chirs bloke. :D

Thanks for that Stuart, I'm a bit knackered after a long drive.

Unfortunately, I reiterate that the hope of salvation from the 2 Ian's and a wealthy billionaire from Manchester are totally without substance. Get Real!

We are where we are. Gary Bowyer's Blue and White Army!

They have been very stupid in a lot of what they have done as owners, but if they were stupid people they wouldn't be multi-millionaire business owners and wouldn't be learning - as they clearly are.

Stupid children can inherit their intelligent dad's company. I've seen it with my own eyes.

It didn't end well.

Stupid children can inherit their intelligent dad's company. I've seen it with my own eyes.

It didn't end well.

As they haven't chucked the towel in as most would have by now, I think that by their continued financial support, Venkys deserve some credit.

Perhaps tin hat on but we'd be buggered without it. We all know why but it's only them that are picking up the tab.

As they haven't chucked the towel in as most would have by now, I think that by their continued financial support, Venkys deserve some credit.

Perhaps tin hat on but we'd be buggered without it. We all know why but it's only them that are picking up the tab.

Gotta agree with that, however unpalatable.

They have been very stupid in a lot of what they have done as owners, but if they were stupid people they wouldn't be multi-millionaire business owners and wouldn't be learning - as they clearly are.

Would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad. The 3 siblings are spoilt rich kids who inherited a huge business and now have bought us as a vanity project. They have learnt nothing, how could anyone claim otherwise?

Would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad. The 3 siblings are spoilt rich kids who inherited a huge business and now have bought us as a vanity project. They have learnt nothing, how could anyone claim otherwise?

Spot on, wealth does not bring intelligence - I'm reet clever and skint! Seriously, we have always been a play thing that comes and goes when they can be bothered. The newness has worn off, they seem to cover the losses to save face, can't be any other reason?

Gotta agree with that, however unpalatable.

It really is unpalatable in so many respects but I guess reality nonetheless .

They and we have been shafted but it is only they that are deservedly picking up the financial legacy of their misguided 'advice'.

Fair play, up to now they haven't shirked sorting out their 'obligations' to the club.

Don't think you can lump them in all together,my view Desai seems to be the brains and to be fair a decent business women regarding their core business , and her hubby does what she says, Clueless is the dreamer and the other one is the 7 year old spoilt wanna be gansta rappa with dubious "friends" who seems to be the one that got them involved in the first place.

As for them not chucking in the towel yet, could also be taken as why can't they chuck in the towel, obviously this is not going to go down as one of Venky's good business moves, they made their choices and are happy to continue to pay for the consequences rather than do the decent and sensible thing and sell. Makes you wonder why.

Agree they have been taken for a ride though well at least three of them, all FA approved of course

They and we have been shafted but it is only they that are deservedly picking up the financial legacy of their misguided 'advice'.

Fair play, up to now they haven't shirked sorting out their 'obligations' to the club.

So, do you think that they have set a timescale for promotion then? Or a limit that they come to and say that's enough, we're done...

I still wonder... what's in it for them? And if and when the penny drops, how bad is it going to be for Rovers.

In short, I don't trust them.

So, do you think that they have set a timescale for promotion then? Or a limit that they come to and say that's enough, we're done...

Sparky, you can't apply any logic to anything they've done. I think it's fair to say they and us have been severely shafted. (No sympathy btw)

For me the time to say enough's enough was the summer of 2012 before Singh and Kean ran riot with the cheque book. Then there may have been a chance.

Now, in a financial sense, the club is worth bugger all.

I still wonder... what's in it for them? And if and when the penny drops, how bad is it going to be for Rovers.

In short, I don't trust them.

I wouldn't trust them either, god only knows what ever was in it for them?

Aargh! Cannot stand this defeatist nonsense. They deserve no credit at all, none whatsoever. They deserve to be buried alive in tonnes of Kean for what they have done to our our club.

All the costs they are now incurring they have brought on themselves. They have never apologised for their gross stupidity (or worse) and have never explained why they are continuing to finance us. To protect their own investment as best they can or because they are in love with the club? You decide!

They could still do the decent thing and sell to those supporters who have been trying to negotiate a sale with them for years. Then bugger off and never darken our skies again.

I feel absolute rage when a supposed rovers fan thinks we are knackered without them and should be somehow grateful for what they are doing.

And finally, I've a suggestion as to what you should do with your tin hat.

It's probably the Bank of India that is standing the tab to be fair. Perhaps it's them we should be grateful to for continuing to back a White Elephant.

What I find far more galling is the ease at which some fans revel, yes revel, in attacking those who have decided, with much anguish, not to support the Venky regime. Even after they have articulated their reasons why, for the umpteenth bloody time.

That is far more poisonous than any glib negative comments. As is wishing this forum to be a censored and sanitised version of reality. It's all rather sad.

It is possible to wish the team good fortunes whilst not actually attending. 1000's of Rovers fans do it every day. As it is also possible at the same time to keep in mind the financial dire straits the club is in and the future pain that is seemingly around the corner. Only the most ignorant would think otherwise.

That is my opinion. Shout me down. Dismiss me as a non-attender, and thus alienate most Rovers fans worldwide if you want. Frankly my dear I don't give a damn.

I understand and I fully respect your position.

Every time we went to Ireland for a family gathering, someone would make the mistake of asking me about Rovers. My kids became heartily sick of my rants about Venky's abuse of a town's heritage,collusion by the authorities and media etc To quote a therapist, some people just can't stay with the pain!

I think that it is so important that people use this message board to express their feelings to others, who, after all, share the same passion. Who else would understand?

I think the trouble is that many Rovers fans are wounded and some get very uncomfortable, when faced by others who are handling this tragedy in a different way to them.

I now understand all the old blokes from 1960, whose negativity merely irritated me, when I was busy supporting a third division Blackburn Rovers. Now I have no doubt that they loved Rovers too, but no-one at the club had done anything with regard to reconciliation.

During that awful Wigan game I had to watch my own children with tears in their eyes, chanting "Venky's Out !" Their club had been stolen from them.
Genuinely, I hope that something happens to make you feel able to enjoy again what has obviously been so important to you in the past.
If not for my kids, I think I would have stayed away for ever after that night against Wigan...

Archived