BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Judan Ali

In fairness to the bloke he appears to be a very good coach, with a far wider range of coaching experience than Bowyer has, I'm not saying I would appoint him as manager but he would be a good addition in some coaching or even scouting capacity. I think the problems most people have with him is that he has Indian heritage and the Venky's are Indian, if he did not come from an Indian background I highly doubt that anyone on here would bat an eyelid at him possibly coming into the club.

Utter rubbish.

• Like 1

Guest Norbert

Playing the race card then? Classy.

The fact is he has no credentials, no experience and to closely associated with Shebby Singh to inspire confidence in his talents. What is there to suggest he is a good coach? He could be as big a fraud as Michael Knighton when he 'bought' Man Utd.

• Like 3

In fairness to the bloke he appears to be a very good coach, with a far wider range of coaching experience than Bowyer has, I'm not saying I would appoint him as manager but he would be a good addition in some coaching or even scouting capacity. I think the problems most people have with him is that he has Indian heritage and the Venky's are Indian, if he did not come from an Indian background I highly doubt that anyone on here would bat an eyelid at him possibly coming into the club.

And if he was not of Indian heritage the Rao's would not even have considered him.

• Like 1

Playing the race card then? Classy.

No I wasn't playing the race card. I was pointing out that the conspiracy theorists would be out in force if he was brought into the club due to his Indian background and that fact that The Venkys are from India and they wouldn't give him a chance as they would see him as Venkys man. Whereas if he did not have Indian heritage then no-one would bat a eyelid because as I have said he has a far wider range of coaching experience than Bowyer.

And if he was not of Indian heritage the Rao's would not even have considered him.

Point proven.

No I wasn't playing the race card. I was pointing out that the conspiracy theorists would be out in force if he was brought into the club due to his Indian background and that fact that The Venkys are from India and they wouldn't give him a chance as they would see him as Venkys man. Whereas if he did not have Indian heritage then no-one would bat a eyelid because as I have said he has a far wider range of coaching experience than Bowyer.

Point proven.

Oh yeah sure point proven !

My point is they did'nt trust fine upstanding, experienced people like John Williams and Tom Finn or BS, but they'll trust this guy, because

of his parentage.

Jesus, what are you even blathering about? He's only been coaching a few years and has purely trained kids for such footballing luminaries as St Kitts and Nevis, Latvia, and Taiwan!! Bowyer has coached our youth, been reserve manager, caretaker manager, and then full manager of Rovers. He also saved our pathetic hide last season.

I can't tell if you're on the wind up, are you SERIOUSLY suggesting that somebody who has what, three years experience of coaching, none of it in the English game or even in any remotely top level league (or any league, it's all been international youth setups) is somebody that none of us would mind being appointed purely if he wasn't Indian? Besides, the talk isn't really about him being a youth coach, the rumour seems to be in a far more senior capacity.

Point proven.

No the doom-mongers, nay-sayers, conspiracy theorists etc are not racists just Rovers fans with a brain and a memory.

Question is, do you see a queue forming for his services from any clubs in the upper part of the football league. No, of course you don't. Most football fans aren't begging their board to go out and get the guy because they've heard about his successes, have heard he might be interested and know he's going to be the next great thing. He's a no mark in football terms regardless of nationality, race, creed or colour. Bringing him in could be the final nail in the coffin for our fans, just when, even if we don't think bowyer is the greatest thing since sliced bread, we are beginning to be able to talk about the football rather than off the field antics, again.

Before this board goes into meltdown , the owners have spoken to a number of people in recent weeks over board positions and roles . At present none of these have been appointed .

I cannot see Ali being appointed unless approved by Gary Bowyer .

I'm not sure what role he would be given , but surely it would just be in a coaching capacity ?

For now id just treat it as a rumour unless something more cast iron transpires

Edited by glen9mullan
  • Like 2

Jesus. If this is true, then just turn the lights of and give up.

I think you are right Norbert.I think it would be the end for most fans.Their stupidity and stubbornness knows no bounds.Its just so random relative to the position the Club is in both on and off the field.The whole thing is like some kind of perverse lucky dip.

There is not a single lesson learned by these idiots after 3 years of downward spiral and financial suicide.They must have a feckin money tree in Pune to not be batting an eyelid over whats going on here.

Please just feck off now, please

This following closely after the shebby rumour is not fair to rovers fans. We are an easy target because of the travesty of the past 3 years.

Venky's could limit the affect of rumours if they put a decent board in place with a respected spokesman. It has come to something when the signing i would be most delighted about is someone like john williams!

Edited by Bucksrover
  • Like 1

Where is the evidence that he is a very good coach? His coaching career seems third rate at best.

• Like 2

I sincerely hope these rumours have simply come around due to it being pantomime season. Judan bloody Ali. As some have said, it's been a couple months since Venkys dropped their most recent clanger, so we must be due. Bet Bowyer is licking his lips at the prospect.

I want my name changed.

Edited by Somerset Rover!
  • Like 3

Before this board goes into meltdown , the owners have spoken to a number of people in recent weeks over board positions and roles . At present none of these have been appointed .

I cannot see Ali being appointed unless approved by Gary Bowyer .

I'm not sure what role he would be given , but surely it would just be in a coaching capacity ?

For now id just treat it as a rumour unless something more cast iron transpires

With respect you should have kept 'the rumour' to yourself. You know as well as anybody the anguish these rumours can cause.

Checked with contact at Venky's. Glen's info was correct, there was a meeting. However it was just an informal meeting and doesn't look like there is anything going to come of it at the moment. No idea what was discussed, they may have even just discussed Venky's football in India programme. But of course there is always a worry when these clowns have meetings with the likes of Judan Ali. My contact told me that Bowyer has an excellent relationship with Mrs D so I doubt that she would do anything without running it past him first,

• Like 1

With respect you should have kept 'the rumour' to yourself. You know as well as anybody the anguish these rumours can cause

On line rumour mongering and ITK ing is just the modern version of telling the bloke in the chippy that your sister's boyfriend's mate saw Ray Wilkins looking at a house in Wilpshire. You should take it with a pinch of salt.

On line rumour mongering and ITK ing is just the modern version of telling the bloke in the chippy that your sister's boyfriend's mate saw Ray Wilkins looking at a house in Wilpshire. You should take it with a pinch of salt.

Reading the posts on this topic clearly people don't.