BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Judan Ali

Guest Norbert

Not sure Bowyer could be as corrupt, vile and useless as the man RVR is referring to,but comments like that do make you uneasy about lightning striking twice.

• Like 1

Is it just me that thinks this is an incredible bad and dangerous thing? I remember the last time we had a manager who had a direct line to Pune...

It depends.

If you think that GB is trying to screw the club over then yes its bad.

If you think GB is the right man for the job then he needs support of the owners whether you like them or not.

In my opinion it is ludicrous to compare what happened with Kean to what is happening now with Bowyer.

• Like 1

Is it just me that thinks this is an incredible bad and dangerous thing? I remember the last time we had a manager who had a direct line to Pune...

It's fundamentally wrong, irrespective of whether the manager is a decent sort or not.

If one of the Venky's was over here running the show that would be different.

The club is still a shambles and it amazes me how anyone can be remotely optimistic given all the circumstances.

• Like 2

Surely us dingles are not about to get yet another Xmas pressie from your owners .....

don' t be ridiculous........... when have Venkys ever done anything that would cheer up Burnley fans :blink:

• Like 1

It depends.

If you think that GB is trying to screw the club over then yes its bad.

If you think GB is the right man for the job then he needs support of the owners whether you like them or not.

In my opinion it is ludicrous to compare what happened with Kean to what is happening now with Bowyer.

I agree with this.

It's very difficult to work with owners who you can't get on with. Would you prefer Bowyer to sit in Blackburn cursing the owners like we do? He has to forge a relationship with them, end of. One thing I would say is that flying over to Pune is IMO absolutely bloody ridiculous and not the way any normal business would be run. But if it's his best way of getting through to the owners then what other alternative.

Don't we all have to have a relationship with our seniors? We might not always agree with them, but ultimately you don't bite the hand that feeds you. As long as Bowyer is not manipulating his relationship with the owners to the detriment of BRFC then I don't have an issue with a good relationship. The problem you may have is that if/when things begin to go tits up, would his relationship then stand in the way of his removal?

I would stress also that if things started to happen which Bowyer was unhappy about, or undermined his position in any way, I would then expect him to begin asking questions. Mind you, look at Mackay - he certainly seems to know who pays his wages.

I STRESS: A relationship is only positive if GB has the best interests of BRFC at heart. If he doesn't, then God help us.

Edited by Jimmy612

Who would you prefer him to have a direct line to? The hapless Derek Shaw? Shebby? We don't have anyone senior at the club. We just hope and pray that GB is as honest as he seems.

More chance of that than a competent board be put in place, capable of forging a good relationship with the owners and ultimately leaving GB to do what his title suggests...

Edited by Jimmy612
  • Like 1

hes got experience with youth setups, surely he can't do that much damage if given a coaching role in the academy?

Someone else I can think of was a coach before he was inexplicably promoted to Manager/Chairman/Finance Director/ Chief fanbase provoker/ Head of Madame Desai manipulation.

Haven't you heard of mutiny Lh? First infiltrate ranks.

Well it has been quite a while since we had a good laugh. About three years or so. Seems like another giggle may however be brewing and recruiting this no-mark would rank high on the list of Venky underachievements. Let's hope it is all hot air.

As to somersetrover thinking the guy is more suitably qualified than Bowyer or roughly a million and one others, best think again!

Cant belive some fans unhappy that bowyer has good relationship with MrsD its what you would expect and i for one am happy about that

I don't have a problem that they have a good relationship. I have a problem with the club's shambolic infrastructure and chain of command.

If Desai actually understood football, how to run a football club and was over here running the show it would be fine.

• Like 1

Before this board goes into meltdown , the owners have spoken to a number of people in recent weeks over board positions and roles . At present none of these have been appointed .

I cannot see Ali being appointed unless approved by Gary Bowyer .

I'm not sure what role he would be given , but surely it would just be in a coaching capacity ?

For now id just treat it as a rumour unless something more cast iron transpires

Little late now, fella. You could've posted that to start with. I guess it wouldn't have evoked the same reaction, though, eh?

As we don't have any kind of exec management structure in place who apart from the owners would GB have a working relationship with?

Remember Appleton, he had no relationship with them at all and look what happened to him. On the subject of Appleton, he has hair now. I am convinced that amount of hair is proportional to ability as a manager so he might be worth another shot as manager.

• Backroom

I don't want Ali at the club in any role. I don't care if it's a coach of a @#/? ballboy. He has no business at this club. If he wants to start a coaching career I'm sure there are some non-league clubs who would give him some work experience. He can start there instead of using personal influence to get a role he's completely unqualified for here.

• Like 1

I don't want Ali at the club in any role. I don't care if it's a coach of a keaning ballboy. He has no business at this club. If he wants to start a coaching career I'm sure there are some non-league clubs who would give him some work experience. He can start there instead of using personal influence to get a role he's completely unqualified for here.

Perhaps Venky's are waiting for us to be non league to install him.