BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Judan Ali

44 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Now, now, Biz (who liked the post).

You can't have it both ways.

I thought it was quite funny tbh, Maybe I interpreted it differently because I'm not sure what you're getting at.

On 15/07/2017 at 21:13, 47er said:

Yes, we could start with Luther's cautious move away from a literal interpretation of the Mass, move on to Zwingi's more radical theory of consubstantiation and then on to the Calvinist belief that Communion is merely an act of remembrance or commemoration of the Last Supper.

Of course this would only be necessary for those on the MB not as intelligent or informed as you and I.

Don't worry, you also won't need to elucidate for those who are as intelligent and informed as you, but who do not believe in mystical celestial divinities - rendering the whole thing moot to them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roverstdt said:

Thought I would put this here but anyone looking for some positive news to brighten there day I can confirm that Steve Kean is struggling in the S League and has 4 points in 11 games. 

http://www.sleague.com/competitions/s-league/table

Yeah, but they definitely won't be relegated and they are going to bottle all the dew on the grass and sell it as holy water. Last match they got into their opponents toilets 5 times, so it can't all be bad.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

Thought I would put this here but anyone looking for some positive news to brighten there day I can confirm that Steve Kean is struggling in the S League and has 4 points in 11 games. 

http://www.sleague.com/competitions/s-league/table

No wonder his regular propaganda interviews haven't been popping up in certain rags recently I wonder if Jim White and the agency boys will do a Brunei special of mock outrage if his job is under threat ?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

No wonder his regular propaganda interviews haven't been popping up in certain rags recently I wonder if Jim White and the agency boys will do a Brunei special of mock outrage if his job is under threat ?

It is only a matter of time before some team in England gets stuck with him. Imagine he ends up in League 1. The bufoon probably thinks it's beneath him after a few relatively successful years in a league a lower standard than the league of Ireland. 

22 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It is only a matter of time before some team in England gets stuck with him. Imagine he ends up in League 1. The bufoon probably thinks it's beneath him after a few relatively successful years in a league a lower standard than the league of Ireland. 

They've been trying their best to get him a gig back over here for years hence the regular large newspaper features in the Scottish paper and some big English ones. How many coaches who've stepped in as managers spectacularly failed then disappeared do you ever hear of again let alone read about in big newspaper columns ?

Not many if any at all but it seems no one will touch him and long may it continue because onces he reapears anywhere in England, Scotland or Ireland he'll never be out of the press. Him on the other side of the world for the rest of his natural is fine by me !

Just now, tomphil said:

They've been trying their best to get him a gig back over here for years hence the regular large newspaper features in the Scottish paper and some big English ones. How many coaches who've stepped in as managers spectacularly failed then disappeared do you ever hear of again let alone read about in big newspaper columns ?

Not many if any at all but it seems no one will touch him and long may it continue because onces he reapears anywhere in England, Scotland or Ireland he'll never be out of the press. Him on the other side of the world for the rest of his natural is fine by me !

Yep, one time Premier League heavyweights such as David O'Leary, Alex McLeish, Alan Curbishley - all of whom are real managers - have had a fraction of the coverage in the media that Kean has had since he left Rovers.

Friends in high places indeed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Scotland, that is where some poor team will end up with him. Guarantee it... 

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

Yep, one time Premier League heavyweights such as David O'Leary, Alex McLeish, Alan Curbishley - all of whom are real managers - have had a fraction of the coverage in the media that Kean has had since he left Rovers.

Friends in high places indeed.

O'Leary got to a Champions league semi final. Mad how he just disappeared. That Leeds rollercoaster damaged him I think 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

O'Leary got to a Champions league semi final. Mad how he just disappeared. That Leeds rollercoaster damaged him I think 

Villa was an odd one for him. Went there and finished 6th in his first season despite only taking over in November when they were fighting relegation, top 10 finish in his 2nd season, struggling in his 3rd but I think by then the money was very tight and Ellis was looking to sell up. Not exactly the disaster that some have suggested. O'Neill never got them higher than 6th despite having a lot more money to spend yet he has had a better reputation.

Amazed he's never got another job in England with his track record but maybe he doesn't need the aggro anymore.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Villa was an odd one for him. Went there and finished 6th in his first season despite only taking over in November when they were fighting relegation, top 10 finish in his 2nd season, struggling in his 3rd but I think by then the money was very tight and Ellis was looking to sell up. Not exactly the disaster that some have suggested. O'Neill never got them higher than 6th despite having a lot more money to spend yet he has had a better reputation.

Amazed he's never got another job in England with his track record but maybe he doesn't need the aggro anymore.

I would say that is the reason. Who could blame him 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I sincerely hope that no one takes him on in England ever again but you're probably right that sooner or later a certain agent will have enough sway over some clueless, wealthy owner to make it happen. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Backroom

Sorry to bring this chap up again but he’s on twitter accusing Nick Harris on twitter of racism towards him.

A very crass attempt at getting in the spotlight on the coattails of a movement he’s even tagged Sterling in it.

Underhand as hell

• Like 1

Just now, Tom said:

Sorry to bring this chap up again but he’s on twitter accusing Nick Harris on twitter of racism towards him.

A very crass attempt at getting in the spotlight on the coattails of a movement he’s even tagged Sterling in it.

Underhand as hell

No one comes out of that looking good tbh

He probably wouldn’t have called Ali a “takeaway” if he wasn’t Indian.

But I agree with your point overall

23 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

No one comes out of that looking good tbh

He probably wouldn’t have called Ali a “takeaway” if he wasn’t Indian.

But I agree with your point overall

He doesn’t call anyone a “takeaway”. I read it as he had been taken away to Taiwan from Rovers.

Whilst he's obviously posting genuine racist tweets by Rovers fans which he has received over the last 6 years, he seems to want to tarnish Nick Harris purely based on ththe sub headline of "A Rovers Taiwan Takeaway". The article refers to the fact that he had left Rovers to go to Taiwan, and the sub headline appears to have been written by someone else after the article had been submitted.

Not quite sure where he's trying to go with this as he's received far worse from supporters than the article (which even if you take the sub-heading at its worst isn't particularly offensive) but he seems to want a higher profile target in Harris. 

Edited by Hasta