BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle

tomphil

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too soon for that. We're still suffering.

Couldn't agree more den. After every game these days I come away thinking about what we have lost rather than the dross that I have just watched. I can't help but reflect on where we might have been if the lunes in Pune hadn't got rid of Big Sam, John Williams, Tom Finn, Martin Goodman and the rest.

• Backroom

Couldn't agree more den. After every game these days I come away thinking about what we have lost rather than the dross that I have just watched. I can't help but reflect on where we might have been if the lunes in Pune hadn't got rid of Big Sam, John Williams, Tom Finn, Martin Goodman and the rest.

Another few good years and some cracking results along the way. But staring relegation in the face eventually.

But would still rather that than what we have now :/

A thread about Owen Coyle getting canned and the usual suspects manage to turn it into an Allardyce debate. Incredible. Its been done to death. Can't we please move on. Just like Allardyce has.

wee coylie what a @#/?

However the more astute of us would have gotten it right prior to Sam and appointed Laudrup, avoiding the whole Sam issue.

Michael Laudrup is doing well. Bloody great player as was Brian but he has 10 more years to do before he can be properly compared to Allardyce in managerial terms. If he had come to us Laudrup would not have been left a squad assembled to play pass and move. He could easily have bombed.

Michael Laudrup is doing well. Bloody great player as was Brian but he has 10 more years to do before he can be properly compared to Allardyce in managerial terms. If he had come to us Laudrup would not have been left a squad assembled to play pass and move. He could easily have bombed.

I still would have preferred him to Ince.

Michael Laudrup is doing well. Bloody great player as was Brian but he has 10 more years to do before he can be properly compared to Allardyce in managerial terms. If he had come to us Laudrup would not have been left a squad assembled to play pass and move. He could easily have bombed

http://espnfc.com/manager/_/id/208/michael-laudrup?cc=5739

win % 45 :D

http://espnfc.com/manager/_/id/29/?cc=5739

win % 40 :(

He's been linked to Madrid, Arsenal recently and by others, not himself. One could argue rather strongly once the two profiles are compared that even with 10 years to go he's surpassed Sam. It's a trophies business after all and given Sam could win Trophies with United, the double every year to be precise, but nowhere else. Then surely that's Sam putting Laudrup above himself by his very own standards. Or does it mean Laudrup would win the Treble every year if manager of United? More Trophies, better success in Britain (league cup to division 3), he's even done well in Spain as well. And to think he's achieved all that without 'dico' at the end of his name. Perhaps Sam should give him a call, he seems to have already achieved everything Sam prattles on about all the time.

I guess it comes down to whether you'd rather have your flame burn twice as bright but half as long or half as bright but twice as long?

could you imagine ince and coco in the same room

bloody nightmare

:)

Always wondered how Williams made such a mistake in Ince. Just 2 minutes with him would reveal he is a couple of sandwiches short etc.

A worrying fact ..Kean,Berg, Appleton, Gary Bowyer plus Ince brought less less collective management experience to the BRFC post than the one the slumdog millionaires sacked

Always wondered how Williams made such a mistake in Ince. Just 2 minutes with him would reveal he is a couple of sandwiches short etc.

A worrying fact ..Kean,Berg, Appleton, Gary Bowyer plus Ince brought less less collective management experience to the BRFC post than the one the slumdog millionaires sacked

even more worrying is, we knew who was advising them then!!!!

Laudrup has won a major trophy. Sam lost one. Laudrup is ahead

Very telling quote from Dave Whelan:

"It's never easy. Appointing a manager is very, very difficult. You can be very lucky and get the great guy, the right man like I got with Roberto. You can be unlucky and get someone who doesn't get on with you, doesn't get on with the team and doesn't get on with the fans, and that is actually what happened with Owen."

"It's never easy. Appointing a manager is very, very difficult. You can be very lucky and get the great guy, the right man like I got with Roberto. You can be unlucky and get someone who doesn't get on with you, doesn't get on with the team and doesn't get on with the fans, and that is actually what happened with Owen."

Blimey! You hardly have to read between the lines....

In the old days mate all you had to do was Email in ask to speak with him and say why and most likely you would find out after being told to keep your gob shut, served with a cup of tea in his office.

• Backroom

I like Dave but he really should have known better. Perhaps if he'd paid more attention to his own words describing our situation he wouldn't have been so quick to appoint another clueless SEM puppet,

Whelan spends a lot of time abroad, but I bet a guy like him, has somebody at the club who keeps him abreast of everything that

goes on, obviously Coyle was upsetting too many people, semi-retired rich folk like DW often just want to hear everything is

running smoothly.

Perhaps he just got too big for his boots shorts !

I do wonder if a prerequisite for any SEM Client is you must be a first class prick. I've never liked Coyle. Knobend who got smug very very quickly.

I agree fully, Coyle is another SEM tool who has been found out, and it is does appear to be a mandatory skill set that all SEM personnel are @#/?.

I was suprised someone as astute as Whelan appointed him after his abject failure at Bolton. Also the way he marched out of the club he claimed to love so much to go to Bolton. No doubt agents and back handers played a part in that one. Complete joker who loves the sound of his own voice. I would imagine it's easy to get sick of this guy. Probably end up back at Bumley after someone poaches Dyche lol

I agree fully, Coyle is another SEM tool who has been found out, and it is does appear to be a mandatory skill set that all SEM personnel are keans.

3 years ago, in another lifetime, I had never heard of SEM or Kentaro. Now it's the first thing I wonder whenever a player or manager is mentioned in connection with Rovers.

I was suprised someone as astute as Whelan appointed him after his abject failure at Bolton. Also the way he marched out of the club he claimed to love so much to go to Bolton. No doubt agents and back handers played a part in that one. Complete joker who loves the sound of his own voice. I would imagine it's easy to get sick of this guy. Probably end up back at Bumley after someone poaches Dyche lol

Would imagine after a bad result, at the next team meeting one of the players got a bit fed up of his 100mph yakking.

and probably said something like - ' Calm down you plonker ! you're just making the younger lads nervous and most

of us can't make head nor tail of what you're trying to say ' !

' Oh and while I'm at it can you stop wearing those bloody shorts, you just look silly '

Tells it how it is old Dave doesn't he? Fair play to him too. I'd have him as owner in a heartbeat over our shower.

Archived