BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The "Beautiful Game" is a pageant loser

Peter

A cursory squint at Malky Mackay yesterday as he embraced adoring fans discovered more "dignity" in a solitary wink than Kean exhibited in what felt like a life time here. A quite impressive figure who emerges with unexpurgated credit.

As for fatuous interloper Vincent Tan well he is appreciably quite vile and his recalcitrant conceitedness, concentrated apathy for the supporters feelings and quite pathetic insolence will ultimately do for Cardiff no matter how much money he has put in. A voyage promising magic blundered into the iceberg by the most power-drunken of sailors. Even from the outside the deranged Despots juvenile behaviour leaves me feeling very cold and its yet another intoxicatingly inconvenient truth for the FA and their evermore-receding "fit-and-proper" affectation.

The game really is in a woeful state and the consuming rot has doubtlessly set in. Tan's dissonance is a topic ripe for thorough examination but its hardly isolated is it? We have had to suffer the insufferable at the hands of Dingle-heroin Mrs. Desai and her feckless family whilst Pompey, Plymouth, Luton, Leeds etc have been on the receiving end of an orbit of nocuous thumps that damned nearly expunged such a well-provenanced batch. It only gets harder to reconcile with it all.

I suppose Rovers demise from column-filling felicity - which most opposing fans would have labelled as "enviably sane" - to foul footnotes has jaundiced my disposition, but the bewitching pursuit that used to illuminate weekends on such a broad scale has been sorely afflicted by embossed off-field silliness and empty stadiums full of cruelly-violated promises made by bedraggled, far-flung fools corroding previously granite-strong communities.

Rovers was humble and peerlessly enjoyable fun, fighting the begrimed tide of highfaluting heedlessness and a dubious favouritism for the fashionable "heavyweights" that repeatedly battled-out nausea-filled "Grand-Slam-Sundays". Even de-bagging the uppity behemoths on occasion in the most recent pre-Venky past (think double over United 05-06 courtesy of Brigitte "Gamst" Nielsen and an infectiously exuberant David Bentley; the mercurially talented Benni Mac and his fearsome pearler at home to Arsenal circa 07 or his swashbuckling profanity-slip on Radio Rovers after we'd trounced Salzburg; and the unbeaten run at home to "the Big 4" 09-10).

Those days now feel like a period-piece of diaphanous visualisation to me and Jack Walkers majestic passion-fuelled sojourn hazing with every new unsavoury morsel of brain-addled indecency. Curiosity, imagined devotion and an unshakable love keep me going on Ewood, I also appreciate Gary Bowyers attempts to restore some brio to our bludgeoned bases with refreshingly eager lads and don't think I could ever willingly stop, but I know deep down I don't really believe in this game anymore :(

• Backroom

I think this is a common feeling these days Pete. I felt this way some time ago, the powerlessness of the fans to make any worthwhile impact on boardroom decisions at the majority of clubs is wrong imo. Whilst fans should not have a regular (or perhaps any) say in footballing decisions, I do think they should have a voice when it comes to changing the stadium name, the kit colour, the badge, the team name, etc... and all too often they are ignored. But people keep going anyway. Only when fans in their masses stop attending will the TV companies and the ineffective and sterile FA sit up and take notice. Their primary concern is cashflow and as long as they are raking it in the fans are just cows to be milked for as much money as possible.

People complain the FA don't administer the Fit and Proper Person's test correctly but that test is solely a financial investigation to ensure the potential owner has the funds necessary and there is nothing in his or her history to suggest said payments would suddenly not be available. The test, much like the FA, exists to make sure the cashflow continues smoothly and has nothing to do with protecting clubs or their fans.

Having a lot of mates who are Cardiff supporters their feeling of alienation is the same as ours. They refuse to wear the Red shirts to games.

A bit of success in the premiership is masking a lot of underlying problems, If they sack Mackay and put in a Kean like replacement who is one of the boys then they will be back down next year.

Guest Norbert

Pretty much how I feel too. The Ashes are not helping either (well, some of us are delighted by those results).

I almost want the money bubble to burst and see the foreign owners desert the clubs and to hell with the consequences. Day-to-day reality and football have long since divorced, and it is time to rise up, cancel our Sky subscriptions, switch our broadband from BT Sport, and send letters filled with dog poo to the FA.

The reset button needs pressing and the game needs to find a basis in the real world. Otherwise, apathy and boredom will destroy it.

Dodgy characters all over the place now in Football.

No supervision either by the authorities.. Thanks to that we get the events of the past three years at Ewood.

In all honesty who would you trust since the sale by the trust.

Thank goodness Bowyer is bringing some dignity back. He needs to watch it with Campbell though. No smoke without fire in that instance to my mind.

Those days now feel like a period-piece of diaphanous visualisation to me and Jack Walkers majestic passion-fuelled sojourn hazing with every new unsavoury morsel of brain-addled indecency. Curiosity, imagined devotion and an unshakable love keep me going on Ewood, I also appreciate Gary Bowyers attempts to restore some brio to our bludgeoned bases with refreshingly eager lads and don't think I could ever willingly stop, but I know deep down I don't really believe in this game anymore :(

Couldn't have put that any better myself. Football is the only pass time I have ever been truly passionate about. Now that's gone.

Merry Christmas.

I can't help but agree. Unfortunately as a Rovers fan you can't be heard saying it too loud or too often. It just comes across as sour grapes. There weren't too many dissenting voices when we were dining at the top table. Thats not to say it wasn't felt by many. Even discounting the rouge element in the game, the product itself is not as good as it used to be. The fact tackling is practically outlawed now epitomises this decline. But when the product entertains you less each passing season, your money lines the pocket of some foreign crackpot and your opinion counts for nothing it does make you wonder why you bother. Yet strangely you do.

A cursory squint at Malky Mackay yesterday as he embraced adoring fans discovered more "dignity" in a solitary wink than Kean exhibited in what felt like a life time here. A quite impressive figure who emerges with unexpurgated credit.

As for fatuous interloper Vincent Tan well he is appreciably quite vile and his recalcitrant conceitedness, concentrated apathy for the supporters feelings and quite pathetic insolence will ultimately do for Cardiff no matter how much money he has put in. A voyage promising magic blundered into the iceberg by the most power-drunken of sailors. Even from the outside the deranged Despots juvenile behaviour leaves me feeling very cold and its yet another intoxicatingly inconvenient truth for the FA and their evermore-receding "fit-and-proper" affectation.

The game really is in a woeful state and the consuming rot has doubtlessly set in. Tan's dissonance is a topic ripe for thorough examination but its hardly isolated is it? We have had to suffer the insufferable at the hands of Dingle-heroin Mrs. Desai and her feckless family whilst Pompey, Plymouth, Luton, Leeds etc have been on the receiving end of an orbit of nocuous thumps that damned nearly expunged such a well-provenanced batch. It only gets harder to reconcile with it all.

I suppose Rovers demise from column-filling felicity - which most opposing fans would have labelled as "enviably sane" - to foul footnotes has jaundiced my disposition, but the bewitching pursuit that used to illuminate weekends on such a broad scale has been sorely afflicted by embossed off-field silliness and empty stadiums full of cruelly-violated promises made by bedraggled, far-flung fools corroding previously granite-strong communities.

Rovers was humble and peerlessly enjoyable fun, fighting the begrimed tide of highfaluting heedlessness and a dubious favouritism for the fashionable "heavyweights" that repeatedly battled-out nausea-filled "Grand-Slam-Sundays". Even de-bagging the uppity behemoths on occasion in the most recent pre-Venky past (think double over United 05-06 courtesy of Brigitte "Gamst" Nielsen and an infectiously exuberant David Bentley; the mercurially talented Benni Mac and his fearsome pearler at home to Arsenal circa 07 or his swashbuckling profanity-slip on Radio Rovers after we'd trounced Salzburg; and the unbeaten run at home to "the Big 4" 09-10).

I get what you are saying ... but it aint easy. Maybe you should change your name....

Voila

See Tan has withdrawn his sacking threat......well done MM for standing up to the tyrant. Good debate on Five Live during the Southampton game as to how know-nowt owners just think as they buy a club, it becomes "theirs" for keeps. Sod years of history, tradition, identity, passion, trophies, heartaches, elation and most importantly fans, etc.......general consensus clubs always outlast idiots......here's hoping.

An excellent post as as usual.

We need the ' German model ' but unfortunately I fear we will never get it, in a more equitable society the government

would step-in, but we will be waiting a very long time for that to happen in the UK.

See Tan has withdrawn his sacking threat......well done MM for standing up to the tyrant.

It won't last long term. Too much damage done.

Sounds like Tan doesn't want to pay compo.

A slower time, Tan trick? :P

Aye very funny Stuart !

This guy could walk ,and leave them in a ' right state ' financially, but many saying they've had enough

and would rather have their club back, sounds very familiar does'nt it.

Some of the decisions these new breed of owners make really does border on the insane. I sit and wonder how on gods green earth these people haved earned their millions / billions. You'd be hard pushed to dream up anything as ridiculous has sacking your experienced head of recruitment and appointing a lad who's experience is limited to a summer of decorating. The only way I can explain that is to blame David Moyes and his well known Football Manager scouting process. Beyond that I'm struggling.

Our mob have made some devastating decisions. But in context they are less absurd. Just as destructive but not as out there. For instance the cousins as agents malarkey was amateur but from a non football perspective it would make sense to channel agents fees back in to the club. I wonder who was the inspiration for that one eh Jerome?!!!

But regardless, whether the decisions are poisonous, niave or just plain stupid, all it proves is our domestic game droppes one hell of a clanger letting foreign investment in. Thats not racist or xenophobic. I would feel like a fish out of water if I bought an NFL franchise for instance. Because I don't know the sport. A football club should be an extension of the town it represents. It should be about your family roots and having pride in your club representing your town or city. Selling shirts in the far east is scandalous. It was when these types of activities began that our game sold its soul. Its football the business nowadays and I for one miss football the sport.

Some of the decisions these new breed of owners make really does border on the insane. I sit and wonder how on gods green earth these people haved earned their millions / billions. You'd be hard pushed to dream up anything as ridiculous has sacking your experienced head of recruitment and appointing a lad who's experience is limited to a summer of decorating. The only way I can explain that is to blame David Moyes and his well known Football Manager scouting process. Beyond that I'm struggling.

Our mob have made some devastating decisions. But in context they are less absurd. Just as destructive but not as out there. For instance the cousins as agents malarkey was amateur but from a non football perspective it would make sense to channel agents fees back in to the club. I wonder who was the inspiration for that one eh Jerome?!!!

But regardless, whether the decisions are poisonous, niave or just plain stupid, all it proves is our domestic game droppes one hell of a clanger letting foreign investment in. Thats not racist or xenophobic. I would feel like a fish out of water if I bought an NFL franchise for instance. Because I don't know the sport. A football club should be an extension of the town it represents. It should be about your family roots and having pride in your club representing your town or city. Selling shirts in the far east is scandalous. It was when these types of activities began that our game sold its soul. Its football the business nowadays and I for one miss football the sport.

So, we have a chat with Jack's trust.......they sold us to the Loons........who presumably were sold the vision via the lovely JA. FA give FA to who buys our club!

I suppose when your inheritance is slowly ebbing away you couldn't care less about whats right or wrong for the game.

But I'd bet that Jack himself wouldn't have trusted an agents advice on a new owner and he wouldn't have left his legacy in the hands of chicken farmers based half way across the planet.

As for fatuous intee :(

Agreed.

But if you think you're being clever writing like that, you're not. There's nothing wrong with plain, simple English written correctly.

A cursory squint at Malky Mackay yesterday as he embraced adoring fans discovered more "dignity" in a solitary wink than Kean exhibited in what felt like a life time here.

Rolo please enlighten us all when did Kean ever display dignity in his time here because I think many on here would be struggling to think of any time the lying two faced gimp ever displayed such qualities! :P

People complain the FA don't administer the Fit and Proper Person's test correctly but that test is solely a financial investigation to ensure the potential owner has the funds necessary and there is nothing in his or her history to suggest said payments would suddenly not be available. The test, much like the FA, exists to make sure the cashflow continues smoothly and has nothing to do with protecting clubs or their fans.

DE and that is the point it should never have been named the fit and proper persons test because the name of the test suggests they look into the potential owners background and finances if it is just to check the said person has the necessary finances to buy and sustain a club it should just be named a finance test or something similar to call it fit and proper persons is a complete lie.

How can football be anything but corrupt when you have someone like Blatter at the very top?

Al I must admit I have often that especially with what happened with the fifa elections and how Blatter got the other bloke to pull out of the running stinks of corruption.

Very good Stu I believe that is the case he doesn't want to pay compo but I back Malkay to come out of this relatively unscathed as if the LMA get involved they will feed Tan to the dogs your right tho when you go behind your managers back and sack his head of recruitment and employ someone who was their on work experience is tantamount to letting shebby loose with an entire warchest :D might as well set fire to the dosh!.

Some of the decisions these new breed of owners make really does border on the insane. I sit and wonder how on gods green earth these people haved earned their millions / billions. You'd be hard pushed to dream up anything as ridiculous has sacking your experienced head of recruitment and appointing a lad who's experience is limited to a summer of decorating.

Well PV it is very easy to see how Venkys have made their money the family were left their money by their parents and if money is left in the wrong hands it's like leaving a kid in a sweet shop with hundreds of £sss with the failed Shebby experiment a prime example.

• Backroom

DE and that is the point it should never have been named the fit and proper persons test because the name of the test suggests they look into the potential owners background and finances if it is just to check the said person has the necessary finances to buy and sustain a club it should just be named a finance test or something similar to call it fit and proper persons is a complete lie.

The name is misleading, but it's wrong to say the FA aren't administering it correctly. They are. Sadly though the test only protects their financial interests and nothing else. Certainly a better name would be something along the lines of the "make sure we'll get all our money test".

But if you think you're being clever writing like that, you're not. There's nothing wrong with plain, simple English written correctly.

Po-faced and without manner,

James grabbed his spiteful spanner,

Took to the keyboard,

Courtesy wayward,

Plundered the keys,

Withdrew his knees,

Stood-up in gorgeous fashion,

Yelled out his daily passion,

And left those he had just over-awed,

After another barbaric internet score.

Fading faculties perhaps led him astray,

On this of all days.

Many loath Jim,

I like him,

He's forthright with outmoded honesty,

No sh!te no blasphemy,

Just willie woodburn-hard,

Also a skilled bard,

Rarely penning contents worthless,

Flashes of indecency equalling mirthless,

Jim is erratic,

But his character emphatic.

Fading faculties perhaps led him astray,

On this of all days.

Jim Jim your greatness fluctuates,

Your impassioned politics often nauseate,

Your knowledge of the game transcends,

To such a degree that my legs bend,

This bow for you,

Your presence is a gratifying coo,

Antiquated by the stride of time,

The ostracising of Jim was a flagrant crime,

For Jim is truly enlightened,

Bantam-weight me suitably frightened..........

............. By this heavyweight with temper heightened.

This mortal coil our temporary home,

But Jim's impact will glisten from beneath the loam,

Like the most deluxe assembly of chrome.

Archived