BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The New Cardiff Manager?

lraC

I know it wont happen and no Rovers fan would want it to happen, but given the Parallels with the clubs, imagine the outburst not just from the fans but the media, if they appointed Kean.

I guess the equivalent would be for them to appoint the current youth team coach, whoever that might be. Cardiff fans quite rightly feel hard dome to, but I would suggest it's nothing compared to us.

Can't believe what I'm hearing on football focus, people saying that they feel really sorry for Cardiff fans - despite their owner taking them into the premier league for the first time. Yet no sympathy for rovers fans with venkys.

Can't believe what I'm hearing on football focus, people saying that they feel really sorry for Cardiff fans - despite their owner taking them into the premier league for the first time. Yet no sympathy for rovers fans with venkys.

That's why I started this thread. How would they feel if they ended up with that prat, or the equivalent? It's hard to believe how Rovers fans were portrayed in the press by the Pro Anderson brigade.

That's why I started this thread. How would they feel if they ended up with that prat, or the equivalent? It's hard to believe how Rovers fans were portrayed in the press by the Pro Anderson brigade.

This never ceases to anger me. I don't like VT but at least his money got them to the Premier League for the first time in ages(...ever?) Our Lot dismantled and took EVERYTHING away and yet the fans were to blame.

I know Anderson's cronies helped achieve Rovers' fans' media image, but there was also a lot of lazy journailism and rank prejudice. The other day someone proudly told me about their niece, who was starting a job as a Sky journalist. I couldn't control my bitter tongue and had to remark that those two words could not be in the same sentence...happy christmas, eh...

It's not a like for like scenario.

Leaving aside the Unspoken One's tentacles firmly wrapped around Sky Sports HQ, Rovers fans were protesting against the owners AND the manager. Then it just seemed to be solely aimed at Kean. That made it personal and far easier for Kean's PR team to spin him as some kind of martyr. For an outsider looking in, they saw fans trying to hound a guy out of a job, instead of concentrating their ire on the loony bin owners. Kean was brilliant at portraying himself as this wide-eyed innocent, chuffing up the 99% of supporters who could appreciate 'what we're trying to do'. Besides, the football media has always been one big boys club. How often do you see pundits outright calling for a manager's head? 'Managers should always be given time' is the party line etc. No matter how out of their depth they are.The fans are just a faceless entity.

It's not a like for like scenario.

Leaving aside the Unspoken One's tentacles firmly wrapped around Sky Sports HQ, Rovers fans were protesting against the owners AND the manager. Then it just seemed to be solely aimed at Kean. That made it personal and far easier for Kean's PR team to spin him as some kind of martyr. For an outsider looking in, they saw fans trying to hound a guy out of a job, instead of concentrating their ire on the loony bin owners. Kean was brilliant at portraying himself as this wide-eyed innocent, chuffing up the 99% of supporters who could appreciate 'what we're trying to do'. Besides, the football media has always been one big boys club. How often do you see pundits outright calling for a manager's head? 'Managers should always be given time' is the party line etc. No matter how out of their depth they are.The fans are just a faceless entity.

It was aimed at Kean firstly... then when the owner's failed to act the focus went onto them. That's how I see it anyway.

I can imagine Anderson getting on the phone to Mr Tan and saying ' it looks like you need a manager, who will back you 100%,

24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks of the year, no questions asked, well look no further, I have just the man' !

It's hard to believe what mugs these people take the fans for. You are right, that's exactly what Tan wants, someone who will just do as he says, no questions asked. That's the problem with foreign ownership. They come in, know very little, is anything of the clubs history and just do what they want.

Granted Cardiff are in the premier league, but have changed their stadium, their strip and their name. Cardiff Welsh Dragons, playing in Red is a completely new ground. Other than the ground, I see no point in the other things!. These idiots who bought us, did try to change the strip, thankfully it's back to what it was. I would hate to think what would happen, if they tried to change our name, or ground.

I know it's a bit late but I'm getting rid of Sky in the new year. Their biased and contemptible coverage of Rovers downfall was upsetting. "Kean the man with dignity!"Blah blah.

Then they brought on his tear filled agent into the studio to have a go at the poor suffering Rovers supporters! Surely that was the most ununprecedented move ever?

I know it's a bit late but I'm getting rid of Sky in the new year. Their biased and contemptible coverage of Rovers downfall was upsetting. "Kean the man with dignity!"Blah blah.

Then they brought on his tear filled agent into the studio to have a go at the poor suffering Rovers supporters! Surely that was the most ununprecedented move ever?

The most hypocritical thing about this was when he cried, he said it was because the Blackburn fans, have not given my son a chance. He ranted on about him only ever wanting to play football. Even Kean wasn't stupid enough to allow him a game. Anderson did go on at a later date to state that Myles was good enough to play in the premier league and other than the top 4 had the ability to make it any premier league club.

I bet the United fans can't wait for him to sign for them!

Nixon linking Paul Ince with the Cardiff job in the People.

God help that, but I guess it depends on who is agent is.

Cheers Ira.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/12/vincent-tan-cardiff-city-owner/

Not sure still about Tan being the 'worst owner in sport'. He put millions into the club and took them UP. Venkys gave millions to agents and took us DOWN.

Tan sacked a manager he didn't feel was performing or there were issues with outside of football. He asked him to resign. Venkys backed a manager everyone could see wasn't performing - quite the opposite - and there were so many issues outside of football. They asked him to sign a new contract.

Tan changed the strip and ground to market the club and make them successful - and has done. Venkys changed our strip (by accident and couldn't get a decent sponsor) and have left the ground to (continue to) rot, sticking pictures of Rovers' heroes over the top to curry favour.

That's without going into the 'other stuff'. Must be a lot of sympathy in the game for Scottish managers or something. Ferguson/Moyes factor?

No, for me, Venkys still retain the title of worst owners in sport - certainly ahead of Tan.

Cheers Ira.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/12/vincent-tan-cardiff-city-owner/

Not sure still about Tan being the 'worst owner in sport'. He put millions into the club and took them UP. Venkys gave millions to agents and took us DOWN.

Tan sacked a manager he didn't feel was performing or there were issues with outside of football. He asked him to resign. Venkys backed a manager everyone could see wasn't performing - quite the opposite - and there were so many issues outside of football. They asked him to sign a new contract.

Tan changed the strip and ground to market the club and make them successful - and has done. Venkys changed our strip (by accident and couldn't get a decent sponsor) and have left the ground to (continue to) rot, sticking pictures of Rovers' heroes over the top to curry favour.

That's without going into the 'other stuff'. Must be a lot of sympathy in the game for Scottish managers or something. Ferguson/Moyes factor?

No, for me, Venkys still retain the title of worst owners in sport - certainly ahead of Tan.

No problem Stuart and agree with you, despite the headline in that article, we still have the worst owners.

Was the halved kit (rather than quarters) accidental? I have my suspicions.

I haven't heard of that before, but it wouldn't surprise me to be honest. I was under the impression, it was just another marker to say, we are here and we will do what we want. Shortly after that though they named the Blackburn end after Ronnie Clayton, so not too sure!

Archived