BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Paul Comstive

folkdevil

I didn't see many of Comstives' games at Burnley etc obviously but I remember and saw all his games for Rovers and as a young player he was a strong lad with plenty of energy but maybe lacked pace and a first touch.

He was only brought into the team when we were down to the (very) bare bones, the task later filled by Peter Devine, Tony Diamond and ultimately for Saxton by Paul McKinnon. But he showed enough in the reserves as I recall to interest other clubs (He must have made 100 or more appearances for the ressers).

Made the most of the talents he had a had to make a career albeit in the lower leagues.

Terrible news for his family. Hope Rovers mark this at the next game but Venkys not to got a good record on these things.

I suppose statistically given the number of players that have played for the Club over the last 40 years, you're always going to get a tragic story popping up occasionally about a former player leaving us well before his time. That doesn't make it any less tragic or shocking when it actually happens.

RIP.

• Guest changed the title to Paul Comstive