BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs MAN CITY FA Cup **NO TICKETS AVAILABLE ON DAY**

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chance missed today, if we played Citeh again another hundred times I don't think we'd catch them playing that poorly again.

<<Not so sure about that. They haven't been great away and changes in the team often lead to good players not playing to their potential. Excellent spirit from Rovers today though.>>

Magnificent effort from the team today though.

<<Agreed>>

Tin hat on: Going to have a rant at the stayaway fans though, 9k home fans for a plum tie against the best team in England is absolutely pathetic. The ground should have been nearly full for such a mouthwatering game.

<<Agreed again>>

If I was the owners looking at pictures of an empty Blackburn End I'd think "Why bother?"

<<Or maybe they should wonder why the Rovers followers didn't bother. Perhaps it is something to do with the fact that they have ripped the heart and soul from a friendly community club, got rid of respected staff both on and off the pitch, employed a bunch of idiots and crooks in their place, treated long standing fans and sponsors with utter contempt and have led the club to the brink of financial ruin, to name but a few potential gripes. If they expect the disenfranchised and wider East Lancashire public to just sweep all this under the carpet and simply "disconnect" from the ownership issues just because we have a one off game against a team we regularly beat when playing at the same level before their interventions then there are even more mad than I thought.>>

If you can't be bothered going today you might as well give up or fook off and support Burnley.

<<Plenty already doing other stuff on match days (not too many going to BFC though I think). It's a hard habit to get back into ( attending games) once broken>>

And if you didn't go today please don't come on here whinging if Rhodes is sold this month.

<<Not sure anyone will offer anything like what we paid so can't see him going anywhere>>

Rant over.

Well done to Gary Bowyer, Terry Mcphillips and Craig Short. The team were magnificent today.

<<Quite right>>

Nothing personal Rev, your rant just gave me the opportunity to have one of my own!

I didn't go today. i couldn't afford it. For various reasons christmas has been very expensive this year and, although £15 isn't much in the normal scheme of things. this week it was. I'll be there next home game and as many as possible after that but this was an extra that was beyond my means. Don't presume to judge us. You don't know why people didn't turn up. Why just because some people weren't there today, you think they should be supporting Burnley or not going to Rovers any more i do not know. If Rhodes is sold, it won't be because I wasn't at today's match. It will be because of the financial and administrative cockups the owners have made time after time after time.

Sorry gumboots, not having a go at you particularly but I'm not having the "couldn't afford it" excuse. The cost of a ticket for today's game is extremely small beer in comparison to the amount of money most people blow over Christmas and New Year. Anyone working who really wanted to go today could have done and saved a little elsewhere. Do you still go to League games? If not I'm guessing it's because you've made a conscious choice not to, not because you can't afford it.

Very proud of our team today. Well done to all concerned. Really pleased with our endeavour and the belief, teamwork and skill displayed.

Nice to have a centre forward that can contribute fully in open play and dominate from set pieces. Simple stuff, not rocket science, but makes a huge difference. Rhodes will be licking his lips at the thought of playing off Gestede.

Great to see Robbo back, irrespective of ability he is a genuinely nice guy who has been seriously unwell.

On the flip side, Hanley is a serious plank. What's his problem? Likes being the hard man when there is absolutely no need. Childish little bully who needs to grow up.

Was looking forward to this fixture and predicted a good performance and win. Really chuffed for the team and all Rovers fans.

COYB.

Guest Norbert

Now, the replay. Would anyone be thinking of putting in many of the players we want rid of, just to get in out there for people to have a look at? The game is between the Forest and Doncaster games. If these players stink, then they can have the excuse of playing Citeh at home.

Robinson looked much much sharper than I expected after such a long lay off. I'd have few qualms about throwing him straight into League action.

Now, the replay. Would anyone be thinking of putting in many of the players we want rid of, just to get in out there for people to have a look at? The game is between the Forest and Doncaster games. If these players stink, then they can have the excuse of playing Citeh at home.

No. After today, who's to say a proper line up couldn't at least take it to extra time and penalties?

Robbo - Quick off his line sometimes, great to see him back! 7

Henley - A couple of curcial blocks and early to the man to close him down to avoid crosses getting in. 7

Dann - Captains performance, i saw him at half time with the altercation with Hanley supporting him, got the equalizer. 7

Hanley - A silly incident with Taylor soured his first half but he was steady and looked every part the Premier League player. 7

Spurr - First to every block, overlapping runs and some crucial interceptions, my motm. 8

Cairney - Everywhere dictated around his passing when we probed forwards a great interception and tackle in the first half. 7

Lowe - Best first half i've seen him play, everywhere and every block - he reminded me of robbie savage today. 7

Taylor - Ran after everything, pretty cool on the ball with a calm head. 6

Marshall - He's got a cross and pace on him but he was more defensive today and played well. 6.5

Williamson - He's slow but his experience counted today, he was calm and composed and played things simple. 6

Gestede - We may have a player, leaps like anything, pacy and a real pain in the arse for Man. City. 7

Absolutely loved that today. Most I've enjoyed a football match since the Leeds home game.

All I could think all the way through, apart from being really proud to be a Rovers supporter was : "Why can't it be like this every week?"

The effort, the heart, even the quality at times were as good as I've seen this season. The only blemish was Hanley being the end of a bell. He needs to stick to bullying the opposition, not his own team mates.

At the back of my mind is that this was a shop window for him and Dann so maybe they were a but OTT for that reason. I'm just glad that the majority of our team have recently signed because we have the makings of a very good side.

Some of the football at times was brilliant. No more long ball merchants as far as the TV viewing public are concerned - might even put a few more in the attendance against Donny, we'll see.

Great also to see Robbo back he had a could have moments but nothing on the Kean-Eastwood scale. He was much more commanding made in or two good saves - one outstanding - and his kicking helped up mix it up a bit.

Great, great day. COYB!! :rover:

Sorry gumboots, not having a go at you particularly but I'm not having the "couldn't afford it" excuse. The cost of a ticket for today's game is extremely small beer in comparison to the amount of money most people blow over Christmas and New Year. Anyone working who really wanted to go today could have done and saved a little elsewhere. Do you still go to League games? If not I'm guessing it's because you've made a conscious choice not to, not because you can't afford it.

Have a season ticket and go whenever possible. How do you know what I could and couldn't afford? I've already spent on tickets for the Boxing day game and with 11 mouths to feed instead of the usual 3 for the whole of the Christmas hols or most of the time at least, this is a tight month. Added to which it's the longest month of the year in financial terms because i get paid early for christmas but won't get paid again until the last day of Jan. teachers don't get a regular pay day - last working day of the month except for December when it's early. I didn't say i can't afford it generally - I can, but there is such a thing as a temporary cash flow problem and that's what we're talking about here. Not no money, but no cash.

Chance missed today, if we played Citeh again another hundred times I don't think we'd catch them playing that poorly again.

Tin hat on: Going to have a rant at the stayaway fans though, 9k home fans for a plum tie against the best team in England is absolutely pathetic. The ground should have been nearly full for such a mouthwatering game. IIf I was the owners looking at pictures of an empty Blackburn End I'd think "Why bother?" If you can't be bothered going today you might as well give up or fook off and support Burnley

You're entitled to your opinion Simon but it's a bit rich bearing in mind you 'couldn't make' the Sheff Weds game on Boxing Day.

Just disgusted with the if you didnt turn go and support burnley comment. Sorry I had to work this morning and couldnt go after attending all home and away league games. Joke of a comment

Ignore him pal, he likes being the centre of attention. I've stopped going to all the away games due to the costs involved, maybe Burnley is the best place for me as well.

Just disgusted with the if you didnt turn go and support burnley comment. Sorry I had to work this morning and couldnt go after attending all home and away league games. Joke of a comment

My comment wasn't directed at anyone with a genuine excuse for not going like work as I'm sure you're well aware.

Tin hat on: Going to have a rant at the stayaway fans though, 9k home fans for a plum tie against the best team in England is absolutely pathetic. The ground should have been nearly full for such a mouthwatering game. IIf I was the owners looking at pictures of an empty Blackburn End I'd think "Why bother?" If you can't be bothered going today you might as well give up or fook off and support Burnley.

And if you didn't go today please don't come on here whinging if Rhodes is sold this month.

Rant over.

Well done to Gary Bowyer, Terry Mcphillips and Craig Short. The team were magnificent today.

Can't blame fans for not going and whose fault is it for fans not going ??? The chuffing venkys !!!!

• Backroom

And rev brings it back to 'it's the fans fault'

I'm comfortable with my decision not to go, January is a bit of a tighter month and I weighed up if I wanted to pay out and I decided I would rather watch at home with my boy on my knee, to each their own. Being a fan of the club isn't a duty bound obligation but something I can freely chose to do with my spare time, nobody needs to justify to anyone how they spend the limited time away from work that they have.

Glad the paying fans got a real showing and some real passion from the team.

Regardless of the result at their place we've done great (and incidentally the replay income will probably pay the upfront cost of Gestede and Cairney)

You're entitled to your opinion Simon but it's a bit rich bearing in mind you 'couldn't make' the Sheff Weds game on Boxing Day.

Fair comment, hardly the same thing though as I have already purchased a season ticket. Sorry for feeling under the weatber that day Jason.

Don't understand why we would rest anyone. They don't have a game till the following Saturday and are supposed to be athletes who are paid to play football. Also, the Championship is hardly the most high octane and intense league so why would these players need a rest?

Can you imagine if Rhodes or Cairney got injured in this match? Even if we won it would be a Pyrrhic victory.

Ignore him pal, he likes being the centre of attention. I've stopped going to all the away games due to the costs involved, maybe Burnley is the best place for me as well.

Completely stupid comment. Not going to a one off prestige home game and not going to away games is obviously completely different.

And rev brings it back to 'it's the fans fault'

I'm comfortable with my decision not to go, January is a bit of a tighter month and I weighed up if I wanted to pay out and I decided I would rather watch at home with my boy on my knee, to each their own. Being a fan of the club isn't a duty bound obligation but something I can freely chose to do with my spare time, nobody needs to justify to anyone how they spend the limited time away from work that they have.

Glad the paying fans got a real showing and some real passion from the team.

Regardless of the result at their place we've done great (and incidentally the replay income will probably pay the upfront cost of Gestede and Cairney)

Well, regardless of anyone's freedom of choice I think those regulars who didn't go should be kicking themselves. They missed a cracker! ;)

The atmosphere was fantastic. 1-0 down after a late goal and the players were applauded off. Olés were ringing out after half an hour too.

Maybe those who didn't go should stay away! :D

Archived