BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester City v Rovers Third Round Replay

Paul

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marshall and Lowe were good ? What game were you watching.

Take Cairney ( who was our best player by a country mile ) out of the equation and nobody really played well. Where was the fire, desire, aggression ? One player got himself booked ( least said about that soonest mended ). For long periods of the game it was like a pre-season friendly.

We did ok out there. We were never going to get a result.

Fantastic support all through the game- why can't it be like that at Ewood??

Forest is the important game. Feeling confident!

Because Ewood is still full of moaning twiats like this messageboard still is.

There's a bloke who sits near us in the BBE who I thought was going to be taken away in either an ambulance (coronary) or a police car (public safety) during the Birmingham game on Dec 29th. Nothing but abuse for players and manager. I thought thank f**k he won't be there for the cup game against Man City, he won't pay the money because he hates it here.

But he was there, and the abuse was just the same, even with us against the richest club in the world and him having paid more money to show up. He only shut up after Rovers equalised. I turned around and he looked GUTTED his rant had been curtailed by a Rovers goal.

I don't know what to do or say about some people. We've lost 10,000 home fans anyway, if we have to lose a few more to get rid of people like this idiot then bring it on.

There are a few positives to take from the game. Some composed performances and we generally looked to play the ball to feet. I thought the players did their best but we're let down by the refusal to play with any kind of striker. Bowyer looked quite happy at the full time whistle - why? I much prefer managers who don't accept defeat so readily. Still, it was to be expected I guess (the result, not Bowyers reaction). Did Eastwood save anything? That's a big worry if Robinson is out.

Still, with the hard hat on, we were thumped tonight by a very expensive, but nowhere near full strength or full speed Man City. 5-0 didn't flatter them in my opinion, I was just praying for the final whistle. It could have been more.

Sorry guys, I'm a poor loser. I want my club to be the same.

Me too.

Because Ewood is still full of moaning twiats like this messageboard still is.

There's a bloke who sits near us in the BBE who I thought was going to be taken away in either an ambulance (coronary) or a police car (public safety) during the Birmingham game on Dec 29th. Nothing but abuse for players and manager. I thought thank f**k he won't be there for the cup game against Man City, he won't pay the money because he hates it here.

But he was there, and the abuse was just the same, even with us against the richest club in the world and him having paid more money to show up. He only shut up after Rovers equalised. I turned around and he looked GUTTED his rant had been curtailed by a Rovers goal.

I don't know what to do or say about some people. We've lost 10,000 home fans anyway, if we have to lose a few more to get rid of people like this idiot then bring it on.

Drop the quality of the product and you're always going to lose customers.

Just to put things into perspective tonight

Robinson - 2.5m

Henley - Academy

Hanley - Academy

Kilgallon - Free

Spurr - Free or 200K

Cairney - 500k

Lowe - Academy

Williamson - Free

Taylor - Free

Marshall - 2m

DJ - Free

King - 500k??

Total less than 6m, probably less than any single City player's annual salary.

Corrected for you.

How many of the 4000 who travelled would have gone if they'd known that none of Rhodes, Gestede or Robinson were picked to start? Its a declaration "we intend to lose".

"Magic of the Cup my arse"

Probably all of them. Some fans travel to support the team, the club, the shirt and the manager. Not to make some implicit criticism of team selection or tactics.

Thought Cairney was excellent tonight, showed his class on the ball ,hope Bowyer takes note center mid is where he plays, Lowe played well also, big plus was the magnificent fans ,non stop support, didnt hear the city fans till they scored,

Embarrassing.

Wrong LC. This is embarrasing..........

Ah FFS, just like the first leg - only this time, I don't think we'll get an equalizer. Oh well, we've still done a damn sight better than several Premier League teams who have visited the Etihad this season.

^_^

Williamson is very poor. Didn't want to post any negative views but couldn't stop myself. Spurr and Killy had poor games.

Correct and I'd add Henley to that list. I've questioned the quality (or rather lack of it) of our full backs before.

Probably all of them. Some fans travel to support the team, the club, the shirt and the manager. Not to make some implicit criticism of team selection or tactics.

Mrs venky has returned

Rumour round the ground was Rhodes going to Cardiff of all places .

You moaning sods need to get some perspective, we're playing the best side in the country, stop bloody complaining.

Quite right Gav. Some of the previous posts read like the writers think we had a chance and should have played our best team! :rolleyes:

All this talk of the result being embaressing is just rediculous. Ok we didn't play our best but for 45 we kept one of the best teams in the world out and had a solid 10 minutes in the second half as well.

We were never going to pick up a result here and the 4000, myself included, knew that. The fans were exceptional and a credit to our team. Kean the Venkys, kean the result. We got behind the boys in full voice and showed our support for a team that has put in some great shifts in the last few months.

On to forest now, hoping we can carry on our decent run in the league.

Don't sell Rhodes, our super Jordan Rhodes.

Agree with that about DJ he wasn't great and his booking was stupid but very few people can play that role well, Gestede did it to almost perfection in the first game but he looks like he's not quite fit and needed for weekend

I'm thinking both our strikers are fit Tom, and Bowyer will see both as being critical to our ambitions for the remainder of our season and as a result didn't play them.

If it's all about Saturday, then Bowyer should've played the second-string.

Disagree.

They played without fear or pressure and our players will have learned some invaluable lessons tonight. They will benefit from playing against some of the best players the Premier League has to offer.

Archived