BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester City v Rovers Third Round Replay

Paul

I would only rest Dunn for this game and play him at Forest. The others are young and fit so just let them play.

I think we will play a five man midfeld.

Robinson

Henley, Hanley, Dann, Spurr

King, Lowe, Cairney, Williamsson, Marshall

Gestede

Is my tip for the game.

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got my tickets this morning, was waiting for a mate to confirm which held me up. There were only about 14 coach tickets left.

They weren't going to let me have the coach tickets because although I gave all my mate's personal details (and he is a lapsed season ticket holder) he wasn't currently on the system. Absolutely ridiculous, back to the bad old days of making it as difficult as possible for people to purchase tickets.

Anyhow, really looking forward to it. COYB!

Use my number if you like? MB me!

• Backroom

Rest Dunn? He's played about 15 minutes since before Christmas

He's over his annual festive frolics now and should be fine I imagine

I wouldn't play him as he has to earn his place back from Gestede but he doesn't need resting

He'll be valuable to us in latter stages of the season but it's nice to have genuine competition

Stranded in Manchester..........here's hoping.

Anyone with a return rail ticket to Blackburn who stays for the 90 plus 30 plus pens plus celebrations wont make those last trains to Blackburn.

I wouldn't lose too much sleep about prospect of winning on pens. We're doing train and you'll have to be on your toes even if its just 90 mins.

Last train to bburn 11pm ko 8.10 so with injury time full time about 10 pm. Its gotta be 40 mins+ walk from ethiad-Victoria with volume of people, no chance of taxis etc so its gonna be tight as it is. Injury time and dread to think what will do although seem to remember later train to Preston from Piccadilly and then taxi job.

More likely will be trudging off home after 85 mins 4-0 down.

'Well Andy, what about Blackburn's fans eh? They've brought 3.5k fans but there's still an empty segment just there in the top corner, behind that stantion up in the 3rd tier'

'They're a disgrace to the cup'

We're up to 4000 now! I can see those last 800 going tomorrow too :D

Use my number if you like? MB me!

It was eventually sold grudgingly PB thanks very much anyway. Bit daft because as a ST holder I'm hardly likely to introduce a terrorist or Citeh fan hell bent on trouble onto the coaches. Also he only gave up his ST when we were relegated and should really still be on the database so he can be amongst the first to be targeted for marketing purposes once we get promoted! Wembley won't fill itself!

Anyhow, the official site says we've now sold 4k tickets and tickets can also be bought or reserved at Ewood until 4p.m. tomorrow or on the ground at the night. Superb effort alreadycome on guys and gals let's get it up to 5k.

On the playing side GB says the players are well up for it and pleading "Please don't rest me" for the game. Exactly the sort of attitude you want to see.

I hope the young team really enjoy the experience of an away fixture under the lights at the Etihad against some of the world's best.

I will admit I had been thinking that we could do without this fixture and had the week to focus on Forest, but the team will hopefully get a lot out of it, and it is a break from the expectation of the League.

Fantastic support going to the Etihad. Can't wait! Our club has taken a real hammering this last few years, but the away support has remained brilliant. 4k plus is a tremendous turnout.

Let's hope we put on a good show. City have scored nearly 60 goals this season already and hammered much more expensive and better squads than ours in Norwich, Newcastle, Spurs and Arsenal.

Should we get heavily beaten I hope people bear that in mind before criticising too heavily anyone involved.

The magic of the cup? Fingers crossed. COYB.

Last train to bburn 11pm ko 8.10 so with injury time full time about 10 pm. Its gotta be 40 mins+ walk from ethiad-Victoria with volume of people, no chance of taxis etc so its gonna be tight as it is. Injury time and dread to think what will do although seem to remember later train to Preston from Piccadilly and then taxi job.

I haven't been to the Etihad for a few years, but there used to be a fleet of 'football special' double deckers that ran between the stadium and Piccadilly Gardens. Worth a look at Greater Manchester Transport's website and/or http://www.footballgroundguide.com/manchester_city/ .

Edit : should have had a read before posting. Looks like trams have now taken over. Maybe walk to a tram stop a bit away from the stadium so you're not queueing up to get on a tram for half an hour?

I'm trying to find a bet on us to win on penalties which usually pays around 12/1 or 14/1 for a normal game so should be a lot more generous for this one. Can't find it priced up anywhere unless I've missed it.

Anyone seen that anywhere?

Paddy Power have Rovers at 45/1 to qualify in a penalty shoot out.

Also 100/1 to win after extra time

Should we get heavily beaten I hope people bear that in mind before criticising too heavily anyone involved.

Everyone I've spoken to expects a tugging. Although we said that for the Ewood game.

I think Pellegrini was suitably embarrassed (see his belittling comments after the match) to put a decent side out this time around. Can see it being a minimum of 3-0, maybe 3-1.

I just hope the players give a good account of themselves and put on a performance for the travelling fans. They are kind of owed on from Cardiff. I can't see there being too much in the way of criticism - unless we are robbed by a refereeing decision - but that will be aimed squarely at the man in black.

Pink balls at the ready, fellas, it'll probably be a cold one!

Everyone I've spoken to expects a tugging. Although we said that for the Ewood game.

I think Pellegrini was suitably embarrassed (see his belittling comments after the match) to put a decent side out this time around. Can see it being a minimum of 3-0, maybe 3-1.

I just hope the players give a good account of themselves and put on a performance for the travelling fans. They are kind of owed on from Cardiff. I can't see there being too much in the way of criticism - unless we are robbed by a refereeing decision - but that will be aimed squarely at the man in black.

Pink balls at the ready, fellas, it'll probably be a cold one!

Think your mates are off to the red light part of the city, lucky lads.....

Archived