BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester City v Rovers Third Round Replay

Paul

Well I'm not running a march preview but we need a thread.

My thoughts? My first away game since Blackpool under Berg and I'd no hesitation in getting a ticket. My eldest son lives 15 minutes walk away so that makes life easy. It's a long time since he and I had a big game to watch together - it's going to be a good night out.

Can we beat City? Well realistically the answer is no and I suspect we had our chance at Ewood BUT many thought we'd be slaughterd at home.

I see this as a great opportunity for this young team. Put on a performance, get the fans roaring and the result is secondary. We need a BIG performance out of this game. The sort that puffs your chest out and gives the confidence to beat Forest and Derby.

The first ten minutes will be crucial, concede early and it will be a tough night. Concentrate from KO and it will be a good night.

I'm looking forward to an exciting evening but I'm much more concerned by the next two league games.

Time to relax and just enjoy the moment.

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, I think this game is about income rather than result. The important game this week is Forest and hopefully Gary's team selection on Wednesday night will reflect that. Any of the regulars carrying the slightest of knocks shouldn't be risked in this game. With the fight for the last two play-off spots so tight the Rovers can't afford to be distracted by this game. I think much will depend on City's attitude and I suspect they will field a slightly stronger starting eleven than we saw at Ewood. I'll happily take a defeat at City in exchange for a point or three at the City Ground, Nottingham.

• Backroom

I was very much planning to go, but I have an interview to get on a PGCE at the Uni of Cumbria.

I could still make it but with it being on telly, I think I have enough pressure to contend with that day.

Think positive! Rovers to win 1-0 at the death!

I was very much planning to go, but I have an interview to get on a PGCE at the Uni of Cumbria.

I could still make it but with it being on telly, I think I have enough pressure to contend with that day.

Think positive! Rovers to win 1-0 at the death!

Interview to get on a PGCE? Things have clearly changed, they were dragging people off the street and bunging them £££££ not that long ago just to sign up! Anyway good luck with the interview.

Rovers to lose, but its the Forest game that counts.

Travelling down from dunfermline on Tuesday, for a mid week fa cup 3rd round reply. For a cup n game I no we won't win. So it's a big effort etc..

But for the first time in a ages feeling positive, and after the home draw I felt compelled to get down n cheer on the lads. Not bothered about result but want to see effort, which I no we will.

Like you have all said it's the forest game that matters.

• Moderation Lead

They're considerably better than anyone else in the PL at the moment IMO.

At any rate, I imagine they'll put a much stronger side out against us on Wednesday and try to put the game to bed early days.

A 30,000 crowd averaging £15 a ticket would generate £450,000. Each club get 42.5% of the gate, so Rovers could expect £191K from this replay. And if/when we win there is prize money of around £67K also I think.

That's a couple of weeks wages sorted for our dead wood.

A 30,000 crowd averaging £15 a ticket would generate £450,000. Each club get 42.5% of the gate, so Rovers could expect £191K from this replay. And if/when we win there is prize money of around £67K also I think.

The average take won't be anything like £15 with discounts for seniors, juniors and young adults. Also City will take their expenses and VAT out before we get our 42.5%. On the other hand we get £72K in TV fees.

Travelling down from dunfermline on Tuesday, for a mid week fa cup 3rd round reply. For a cup n game I no we won't win. So it's a big effort etc..

But for the first time in a ages feeling positive, and after the home draw I felt compelled to get down n cheer on the lads. Not bothered about result but want to see effort, which I no we will.

Like you have all said it's the forest game that matters.

Good work B n W, sadly I have work commitments in Glasgow that keep me away. I shall be watching it in the Rhoderick Dhu in Waterloo Street with a few work colleagues who are adopted Rovers. COYB!!

Or just pay Dixon etuhu for few weeks golf or whatever he gets up to. The money we will get is peanuts really the football equivalent of finding a fiver in coat pocket didn't know had

£140, 000 from TV over the two games plus gates will probably go a long way towards paying for Cairney.

Archived