BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Trust/Action Group/Ians

TBTF

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Wayne, can I press you a little further on this one? Are you saying that a new club is an idea which may come but not yet? Or are you regarding it as a non-starter?

What I like about it, is that it doesn't require the permission of   Venkys. And they will be left with nothing.

What league we start in wouldn't matter because we will reach that level with Venkys anyway. 

Part of the problem with following the RT is that i think they've not looked at all eventualities and concentrated on too much "Communication with the Club" ethos.

Club is dead and about to be buried, forget communication. It's time to get fighting, why bother with idiots like Cheston? Leave them empty the ground and don't bother.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to get involved in the Rovers Trust no matter what form it takes. Having been apart of the Wimbledon Dons Trust it is something that i know will be useful. I think The Rovers trust needs to take a very similar approach than the Dons trust which was there is a £10 membership fee for the year which is renewed on a year to year basis. Individual can also get involved in the share scheme which is for individuals who wish to put more money in than the £10 membership fee. The share scheme provides individuals a chance to get the minutes and all the information as to how the trust is moving forward strategically etc...It is a non profit organisation but their are plenty of benefits. Even having the opportunity of pairing up with ex players, and creating training sessions, and other fun activities. 

On 11/02/2017 at 2:45 PM, Stuart said:

£100,000 per year would mean weekly wages of just under £175 per week, with volunteer ground staff and unpaid board. Meanwhile the average League Two player is on about eight times that.

That £100k will cover one League Two standard player.

We are going to need a lot of help. I can only hope that there are plenty of people out there who are keen to own a football club and able to run it. But then you look at the farce with Morecambe: you really don't want to be thrown to the wolves in this game.

As someone whose father was formerly a director of said League 2 football club I would strongly advise anyone against getting involved in that side of football ha ha, unless you enjoy throwing money down the toilet.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, MCMC1875 said:

Surprised by the lack of interest in this.

Sadly I'm not. Possibly one should keep in mind with 72 hours to go there doesn't appear to have been any notification or announcement from the Trust. I knew about it but had forgotten the date.

As it happens I'm away but 9.00am on a Saturday morning?

17 minutes ago, Paul said:

Sadly I'm not. Possibly one should keep in mind with 72 hours to go there doesn't appear to have been any notification or announcement from the Trust. I knew about it but had forgotten the date.

Sadly, I'm not either, Paul. :(

All Rovers Trust members have been notified of the AGM via their registered email addresses, on more than one occasion, in addition to the public announcements made. While it is disappointing that there is not more interest from the membership itself, especially considering the criticism thrown at the organization of late from the general non-member public, "possibly one should keep in mind" that an AGM is not an event for the general public, but an annual general meeting of Rovers Trust open to registered members of BRSIT Community Benefit Society Limited, trading as Rovers Trust.

9:00am on a home match day, close to the ground. Seems reasonable to me, and if one can't be bothered to get out of bed, well that says enough, doesn't it? I'm coming from across the North Sea...

2 hours ago, Paul said:

PNE game kicks off at 1.00.

On 11/02/2017 at 11:02 AM, Wayne Wild said:

Now the shackles of 'Chairman' will soon be released my intention is to be far more publicly vocal and challenging..It has been an absolute privilege to be involved in the inception and running of Rovers Trust. I will always remain a member and help support the committee.

I have received various personal criticisms over the years from keyboard warriors and felt unable to respond. Now I don't. I am a season ticket holder and always open for chats to anyone who wants to discuss before and after games. Strangely enough there hasn't been that many ? 

I will answer anyone who makes themselves known but won't answer private usernames on message boards unless they make themselves known. You know who I am its only fair I get the same respect back.

Hopefully there will be a number of nominations from supporters who can make a difference, always remembering the core values of RT. To own a portion or whole of Blackburn Rovers for the benefit of the community and the long term prosperity of the club. 

In my humble opinion I cant see any reason why RT cant have at least 10,000 members paying £10 each that would allow 2/3 full time employees to really drive this forward. With a real marketing drive the membership should increase dramatically. Its now time for others to step forward with new ideas. I sincerely hope the right people do.

Onwards and upwards.

I'm confused, what were you going to be more vocal and challenging about? Genuine question btw

Just now, Parsonblue said:

Just glad I chose not to waste £10 on this nonsense. 

Don't really know any of the people on the Trust, but surely no need for the sweeping dismissal of people, who are trying to do something.

Others merely sit on their backsides, either complaining or happy clapping....

I agree with you Leonard but for me the Trust has doesn't done enough merit the fans backing. Even if they may try and want the best for Blackburn if the efforts backfire then we have to be critical and for me under WW not enough was done. I was tempted to put in £10.00 and put my name forward for the trust but the issue for was that i felt backing the trust at this point felt like a losing battle as it would need it to be a full time job for it to be effective. 

10 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

I agree with you Leonard but for me the Trust has doesn't done enough merit the fans backing. Even if they may try and want the best for Blackburn if the efforts backfire then we have to be critical and for me under WW not enough was done. I was tempted to put in £10.00 and put my name forward for the trust but the issue for was that i felt backing the trust at this point felt like a losing battle as it would need it to be a full time job for it to be effective. 

Well that is exactly my point. You were "tempted to put your name forward", but (I assume).... you didn't.

I do happen to know that the Trust got all their ducks, lined up for the trip to India with local politicians, dignitaries etc. I assume that took a helluva lot of work.

However, the Raos did not respond, despite lots of attempts to contact them. I am also assuming that must have been pretty disheartening.

To borrow from JFK....Ask not what the Trust/protesters can do for you, but what you can do for the Trust/protest etc.

I

1 hour ago, Parsonblue said:

Just glad I chose not to waste £10 on this nonsense. 

Putting the shortcomings of the trust aside along with the questionable agenda of WW... This change is supposed to make the trust a meaningful, proactive organisation that works on behalf of the fans... Something that none of us can say the club does. Respectable trusts such as Swansea's and Pompey's have proven that they can play an important role in bringing football clubs back to their community. Our's won't be anywhere near those trusts soon but they have to begin somewhere and for them to flourish they require support from the very fans who's rights they're fighting for... Yet you simply cast that idea off describing it as "nonsense"... People seem to look up to you on here Parson but with sweeping statements like this I fail to understand why. If you have a point to make then make it.

2 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Don't really know any of the people on the Trust, but surely no need for the sweeping dismissal of people, who are trying to do something.

Others merely sit on their backsides, either complaining or happy clapping....

Lots of good candidates looking to reinvigorate the trust too. Don't just look at the now but what could be and help to drive change. 

Local people who care and yes there are still some! Even those exiting have put a framework in place for something and that deserves a thanks from everyone. It might need tweaking and playing with but we are not starting from scratch.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

That's a poor post by your standards, Parson.

Why?  It's how I've felt about the Trust from day one and nothing that has happened since has convinced me that it is/was a worthwhile project.  If others think differently, good luck to them.

8 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Why?  It's how I've felt about the Trust from day one and nothing that has happened since has convinced me that it is/was a worthwhile project.  If others think differently, good luck to them.

Tell me, are these all nonsense too? Or just Rovers' Trust?

http://www.supporters-direct.org/homepage/what-we-do/links/supporters-trusts

Also, do you see Ewood Park protected as an Asset of Community Value as nonsense too?

Perhaps the work they have done for the local community is also nonsense?

Their aspirations - the aspirations of all of these trusts - to be part of the club structure... nonsense?

Swansea City Trust a beacon for the merits of Supporter Trusts. Are they also nonsense?

How about the way German football is not only organised but a thriving. Fans first. Safe standing. Bayern Munich season tickets cheaper than League Two. That must be proper nonsense?

Archived