BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Trust/Action Group/Ians

TBTF

Just now, jumpin' said:

Why can't all 7 be part of the board? All 7 have valid reasons to be elected and each have skills which will be useful.

I haven't voted yet, I have 2/3 in mind & the fourth may be chosen on their election 'pledge'. 

You are correct. My understanding is that the Trust is bound by its constitution on the size of the Board. Once the election decides the composition of the Board they have the option of co-opting further Board members. The co-opted members cannot (under the guidance set out in the national guidance on supporters trusts from Supporters Direct) out-number the elected members. I hope that helps you in your election choice. There is nothing to stop the new Board asking anyone who wants to support the aims of the Trust to help out on specific projects in the future. This is likely to be the one of the urgent tasks for the new Board to address.

BTW - I know (and everyone reading this knows) that I am new to this forum. Hello.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/27/2017 at 2:57 PM, AndyNeil said:

which is kind of what I said at the beginning.. each little group trying to make a power grab for the Rovers Trust.  The professional approach is the approach the Rovers Trust should be taking however for whatever reason it didn't work under Wayne Wild, et al.

Too many groups doing their own little thing with not enough active people supporting these groups due to a whole myriad of reasons.  The internet were you get 500 LIKES for something isn't the real world - the real world is were 20 people turn up for the Rovers Trust AGM.  Little groups of people doing deals between themselves here and there won't affect change.

This might sound harsh but believe me it really isn't meant to be - if the group of people hoping to run the Rovers Trust come from the same group that don't even understand PayPal will charge you a fee for sales on eBay, I would very much worry for the future of the Rovers Trust.

Sorry, I must have missed this. I agree with part of it. The problem of the split fan base is reflected in a number of competing groups over the last few years.

However, the EWMC meetings are different. They are not a "group" in the same sense. Open invitations have gone out for every meeting on this very site.That is how I came to attend, myself.

My own experience is that several different groups are represented at the EWMC meetings and these groups have worked together successfully.

It is true that attendees from this meeting were encouraged to stand for the Trust. Indeed, one of the attendees who asked for nominees was Ozz, himself. But to imply that the new nominees are a clique would be entirely disingenuous. I am aware that these nominees only met through attending these EWMC meetings, which began in November ( I think) The nominees had two things in common-passion for the club and impatience for change.

In my only ever conversation with Wayne Wild, I shared my belief that this meeting has turned out to be WAR in action.

I understood that only three members of the Trust were standing down. That number did not include at least one person that is now standing again. Maybe I am missing something, but I am not sure why anyone has to stand again, if they were not standing down in the first place.

I've just clicked on to the Trust election page. The latest stats show that 71 people have voted. I know quite a few of the candidates personally and they are good guys who very much would like the Trust to be a little more representative of the wider fan base. The way to help them achieve that would be to cast your vote. There must be more than 70 current Trust members on this board? The election statements are quite an interesting read, so it would be great if more of us clicked on there.

This is the second lunchtime in a row where I've gone to vote and delayed it because I have to pick 4 from 7 good candidates. I appreciate why it's done like it is,but it's a real shame you can't use all 7

Well Glenn, thanks to you I just did a great post(in my opinion) to put on this thread about how all 7 could serve with the Trust.

Unfortunately the System had logged me out so when I posted it my post disappeared.

Just logged in again and to echo Dawn, 71 out of 530 members voting is poor. It echoes the general apathy amongst Supporters so is not surprising.

But if League 1 comes we need a much stronger Trust, don't we? What does the Trust say and do in these circumstances? Are we getting nearer to meltdown?

As the leader in the Polls at the moment there is room for co-option and invites to active Sub-Groups. Glen,your fellow Brfcs posters want a much more inclusive,democratic body that does not have people saying: "Am I still a Member?"

Anyway, I am not canvassing cos there's an Election on!!!

Now what did I put in that post lost to the ether?

Just done the same thing to me as well Mhead

Similar post to yours as well regarding apathy and surprisingly low vote numbers

One thing that could be a reason for low numbers is where notifications of the election only by email? 

Luckily I still use an old email address I signed up with however many years ago it was, but do wonder how many people no longer use their sign up email address and just let the membership fee auto renew.

Think I have only visited the RT website twice in a couple of years (not including to vote the other day) to check on the RT efforts regarding the War campaign (yes I know) so do wonder how many of the RT members are unaware of the vote.

Of course there is the apathy aspect, must admit I have been contemplating pulling my membership but hopefully whoever gets elected can give it the  kickstart that it needs

<One thing that could be a reason for low numbers is where notifications of the election only by email? 

Luckily I still use an old email address I signed up with however many years ago it was, but do wonder how many people no longer use their sign up email address and just let the membership fee auto renew.>

I can vouch for this! Still awaiting my access to the RT site to be updated accordingly...

Just now, jumpin' said:

Well, I've just tried to log in to the RT site and it doesn't recognise me?? I still pay, receive emails etc but it won't let me in. Who can I contact there?

Details of the problem, your username and any screenshots that would help us identify would be appreciated.

enquiries@roverstrust.co.uk

Just now, jumpin' said:

Well, I've just tried to log in to the RT site and it doesn't recognise me?? I still pay, receive emails etc but it won't let me in. Who can I contact there?

Me. enquiries@roverstrust.co.uk goes to me.

I have fields almost 40 email to this point helping people get logged in. You either have to remember your email OR the username you used when you signed up in order to get your password.

As usual, very easy to criticise and say you'd do it better, eh @perthblue02 and @mhead?

Of course we can only allow members to vote - so you have to verify membership in a way that integrates with the tools and resources available to you. The only feasible way to do this for election purposes is to allow the link to work only if you are logged into the site and your account identifies you as a paying member. Of course if anyone has a better, concrete solution, I am sure Stuart Grimshaw, our exceptionally competent IT Officer, and myself, would be more than happy to hear how you would handle it.

People who use fake emails to sign up for Rovers Trust accounts can only blame themselves?? (There are MANY people that do this for whatever reason I have found out through dealing with members accounts over the past 6 years) Every single member has an email registered with us, and so it should be an acceptable means of notification for Trust news and notifications. Every member has a registered username and selected a password when they signed up. The links for contacting us for help, for resetting passwords, and for logging in have all been confirmed as live and functional.

We obviously realise that people are not logging into the RT site as one would here for example, so it can be a chore to get the info needed to get logged in to your account, but that's the way it is these days when the average person has on average well over 20 different internet accounts of various types...

In 99,9% of the cases so far I have not had any problems getting people squared away to vote.

Here is a four step guide to voting in the election.

• Open your web browser to roverstrust.com
  • Log in to your membership account (your username or email used with your account must be known to reset your password, and you must have access to that email. If you don’t remember either, or don't have access to the email you registered with, you can contact me and I will look it up for you or help you change your registered email - your password you can reset via link on the login page once you know your username or email)
  • Open the RT Election mail
  • Click on the voting link & vote!!

Dan.....my wife must be having hallucinations that she is a member then.

And lying to me about the emails from the Trust to her main email(she only has 2 email addresses)

Please do not be impatient with us.....clearly ALL IT professionals do not fully understand the term 'useability'

and even with your very clear instructions(which I followed perfectly) still have problems.

By the way, she is 5 times more IT efficient than me and MD of a sizeable Company.

2 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

Just done the same thing to me as well Mhead

Similar post to yours as well regarding apathy and surprisingly low vote numbers

One thing that could be a reason for low numbers is where notifications of the election only by email? 

Luckily I still use an old email address I signed up with however many years ago it was, but do wonder how many people no longer use their sign up email address and just let the membership fee auto renew.

Think I have only visited the RT website twice in a couple of years (not including to vote the other day) to check on the RT efforts regarding the War campaign (yes I know) so do wonder how many of the RT members are unaware of the vote.

Of course there is the apathy aspect, must admit I have been contemplating pulling my membership but hopefully whoever gets elected can give it the  kickstart that it needs

I know of one member who had had to change his email address and so was unaware of AGM, election, etc.

22 hours ago, MCMC1875 said:

I know of one member who had had to change his email address and so was unaware of AGM, election, etc.

Did the member then change their email on the RT site? You surely can't be suggesting that this is Rovers Trust responsibility, to keep all members emails up to date? That would be the responsibility of the individual I would think?

Or perhaps you mean we should also send out physical mail to every member to inform them of news and events? Even considering the heavy presence of international members? I wonder if that would be considered a responsible use of membership funds...

22 hours ago, mhead said:

Dan.....my wife must be having hallucinations that she is a member then.

And lying to me about the emails from the Trust to her main email(she only has 2 email addresses)

Please do not be impatient with us.....clearly ALL IT professionals do not fully understand the term 'useability'

and even with your very clear instructions(which I followed perfectly) still have problems.

By the way, she is 5 times more IT efficient than me and MD of a sizeable Company.

Don't know what to tell you, John!

I searched both of her emails, her full name, and her first name and last name separately in PayPal for all of 2016 and 2017 before the 4th of April, when she did create a membership subscription payment, and there were zero transactions found anywhere. Neither of her emails nor anyone with her first or last name (or both) were registered in the membership database either. I created a user account for her based on that 4th of April transaction, so she is all ready to go and should have received her welcoming email now. If she could send me screen shots of any of previous the PayPal transactions it would probably help me out 100%.

I have no real issue with the general idea of IT people and what they expect of the normal layperson in relation to usability, but I have found Stuart to be generally the very opposite. I am still wondering what you mean by usability? How would you verify that all votes are made by members, or ensure that a member only voted once?

Remember, I am not an IT guy either, I am an accounting and finance guy, so to quote you it is also "beneath my pay grade," - but you know what? I still will "lower" myself to getting involved with these aspects of things, and get my hands dirty, in order to help my fellow board members and share some of the workload, to serve our members as best I can, as well as the community of global supporters, and the ultimate cause, the welfare of Blackburn Rovers.

Just now, Daniel Louis Grabko (Dan) said:

Did the member then change their email on the RT site? You surely can't be suggesting that this is Rovers Trust responsibility, to keep all members emails up to date? That would be the responsibility of the individual I would think?

Or perhaps you mean we should also send our physical mail to every member to inform them of news and events? Even considering the heavy presence of international members? I wonder if that would be considered a responsible use of membership funds...

Agreed, it was their fault, not the Trust.

2 minutes ago, Daniel Louis Grabko (Dan) said:

Remember, I am not an IT guys either, I am an accounting and finance guy, so to quote you it is also "beneath my pay grade," - but you know what? I still will "lower" myself to getting involved with these aspects of things, and get my hands dirty, in order to help my fellow board members and share some of the workload, to serve our members as best I can, as well as the community of global supporters, and the ultimately the cause, the welfare of Blackburn Rovers.

Don't think mhead was implying that to be fair, more of a case of not be au faire with the IT process of voting etc.

Dan with you going how will you be handing over being based in Sweden etc?

Archived