BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Trust/Action Group/Ians

TBTF

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Don't think mhead was implying that to be fair, more of a case of not be au faire with the IT process of voting etc.

Dan with you going how will you be handing over being based in Sweden etc?

It is a matter of handing over all login credentials more than anything else. We live in a digitally globalised world!

A local meeting with the bank will have to be arranged in order to register new signatories and deregister the old ones, but I do not have to be present for that, as other board members are authorised signatories as well. The accounting can be exported and imported into different systems, as well as handing over the new Treasurer/Finance Officer's contact info to our Chorley-based accountants, etc.

Sort of the reason why there will be a break in between the election and the handing over of the reigns...

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Daniel Louis Grabko (Dan) said:

It is a matter of handing over all login credentials more than anything else. We live in a digitally globalised world!

A local meeting with the bank will have to be arranged in order to register new signatories and deregister the old ones, but I do not have to be present for that, as other board members are authorised signatories as well. The accounting can be exported and imported into different systems, as well as handing over the new Treasurer/Fiance Officer's contact info to our Chorley-based accountants, etc.

Sort of the reason why there will be a break in between the election and the handing over of the reigns...

Agreed but that appears more of a reclusive handover it would appear Dan? Obviously each to there own and this global world! A phased out and gradual process which in turn could benefit any new trust and strengthen existing partner relationships with the new like the Chorley accounts would seem more appropriate imo?

Assuming you'll always be on hand to assist in the early infanancies of the new members? Out of interest any specific areas requiring immediate focus? Anything you'd prescribe needing imminent attention?

On 4/7/2017 at 6:18 PM, Dunnfc said:

Agreed but that appears more of a reclusive handover it would appear Dan? Obviously each to there own and this global world! A phased out and gradual process which in turn could benefit any new trust and strengthen existing partner relationships with the new like the Chorley accounts would seem more appropriate imo?

Assuming you'll always be on hand to assist in the early infanancies of the new members? Out of interest any specific areas requiring immediate focus? Anything you'd prescribe needing imminent attention?

Yes, absolutely, I will of course ensure a smooth transition, and always be available for questions or simply to help out going forward. Sorry if I haven't made that clear earlier on...

Apparently the website is completely useless and needs a complete overhaul as every single link is dead and you can't find anything, and membership inclusion and involvement is catastrophic. The current board has been described as effectively a golf society committee, so that immediately needs to be addressed as well /s :rover:

Seriously though, the real challenge is to remain relevant and top of mind in times of apathy, where there is no real news other than the club continuing its downward decent with no real end in sight. The board DOES need new energy and new ideas, and has to find some way to engage with the owners or force them to acknowledge us in some way failing that.

The current board has done very well interacting with the club's local directors and management, but that has not translated into any sort of headway whatsoever with the actual ownership. We've helped orchestrate and assisted in getting real investment in the club offered, we've gotten the ACV done for Ewood, and initiated a research committee into the possibility of doing the same for Brockhall, and loaned money as well as facilitated the ELFDA initiative to redevelop football pitches in the community for grass roots football development. We were fortunate enough to get ourselves a tiny little shareholding in the club. We've presented professionally created and vetted business plan proposals for the owners that were promised to have been delivered to them, and much more...

I think we also feel a bit at the end of our rope - especially after all the time and effort went into the KGH meeting and W.A.R. and lining up the trip to India that never panned out, etc. Michael Doherty coming in has been a real source of energy and motivation again, I am glad to see he is getting a good deal of votes. With his competence and energy, I think there is potential for some really good things to come out of this process.

Yes, absolutely, I will of course ensure a smooth transition, and always be available for questions or simply to help out going forward. Sorry if I haven't made that clear earlier on...

Good to see that Dan, fair play to you! Thanks for your efforts to date by the way, as a fan I do appreciate.

So are there any pitfalls on the horizon or areas you feel may pop up when someone takes over? Any immediate issues you've identified which require attention or ongoing issues you've been dealing with?

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Good to see that Dan, fair play to you! Thanks for your efforts to date by the way, as a fan I do appreciate.

So are there any pitfalls on the horizon or areas you feel may pop up when someone takes over? Any immediate issues you've identified which require attention or ongoing issues you've been dealing with?

Not really, we've simplified the corporate structure of the Trust in the last two years from several registered companies back down to just the Community Benefit Society. It should be relatively straightforward from ta technical and practical point of view.

Everyone just needs to keep level heads and work together for the greater good.

Good comments Dan. I see this as the next phase of the Trust.

One thing I am absolutely certain of is that positions in the Trust need to be connected to the Objectives of the Trust.

Maybe we need a 'Meltdown' Director ! One thing is for sure is that if we do go down to League 1 we will have an Angry Group of Supporters.

19 hours ago, mhead said:

Maybe we need a 'Meltdown' Director ! One thing is for sure is that if we do go down to League 1 we will have an Angry Group of Supporters.

Till we win a couple of games! :)

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

What a crock. That just makes me even more suspicious.

Should just do a paper ballot or have people email in 'up to 4 names' instead of all this BS.

A paper ballot on a global scale! I'm sure the Aussie members would appreciate that! Emails coming in from around the world claiming to be members! Both those methods providing absolutely no dependable way to verify membership. Yes, that would leave no room for tampering, be infinitely more reliable and leave zero room for criticism!! /s

Neil Mcmillan & Associates, a chartered accounting firm based in Chorley, are standing by to do an independent audit of the election in the case there are any official challenges to the results. That costs a bit of coin however, so hopefully that can be avoided.

I want to stress that proper and positive written confirmation has been received via email from every single one of the members who had duplicate voting sessions registered - in which they confirmed their multiple sessions, as well as which voting session they wanted to use. The issue was extremely limited in scope. Less than 5 member ID's involved.

30 minutes ago, Mike E said:

That's a bit better. Just feel like it's taking forever and a day with a number of technical errors. Hope it gets sorted :)

Cheers for that, @Mike E. It is sorted.

The actual election time frame hasn't been effected. It's 7 day period will run its course as scheduled and close on Monday morning, the 10th of April at 10:00am GMT.

As the administrator of this election, I have taken it upon myself (basically given up a week of my life) to ensure a fair, anonymous, and fully verifiable result, and thus have fielded all questions and issues from members personally. Everyone who has contacted enquiries@roverstrust.co.uk regarding the election has been assisted by me personally, verified as full members, and to my knowledge, has successfully logged in and are able to vote.

If anyone continues to have problems or issues with logging in and voting I strongly encourage them to get in touch with me via the email above so I can help them get sorted and get their vote in. If anybody reading this message knows of any members that may not have voted, please ask them to do so and to contact the me via the email above if they need help logging in or verifying their membership status.

4 hours ago, Daniel Louis Grabko (Dan) said:

A paper ballot on a global scale! I'm sure the Aussie members would appreciate that! Emails coming in from around the world claiming to be members! Both those methods providing absolutely no dependable way to verify membership. Yes, that would leave no room for tampering, be infinitely more reliable and leave zero room for criticism!! /s

Could you explain further what the above means in relation to Australian members

Just now, perthblue02 said:

Could you explain further what the above means in relation to Australian members

Simply that using a paper ballot would mean the election would most likely be over before you've even got your ballots in the post! And that asking you all to mail back your filled in ballots out of your own pocket would also be a bit much.

Altogether biased against international members to use physical ballots. Aussies were simply an extreme example, no offence intended! ;)

Simply that using a paper ballot would mean the election would most likely be over before you've even got you ballots in the post! And that asking you all to mail back your filled in ballots out of your own pocket would also be a bit much.

Altogether biased against international members to use physical ballots. Aussies were simply an extreme example, no offence intended! ;)

Ah ok, no problem , thought there had been a particular problem with claims of membership from over here.

Did post on the BRSANZ facebook page last night regarding the election ,informing BRSANZ members that if they were trust members to check the original email address that they had signed up to the trust with and get in touch with the trust if they no longer had access to it, thought it might have been related

3 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Ah ok, no problem , thought there had been a particular problem with claims of membership from over here.

Did post on the BRSANZ facebook page last night regarding the election ,informing BRSANZ members that if they were trust members to check the original email address that they had signed up to the trust with and get in touch with the trust if they no longer had access to it, thought it might have been related

Cheers for doing that! I have gone in there and liked your post now and commented that if anyone has any problems to not hesitate to contact me.

Just now, Ozz said:

Be careful what you wish for.

I'm just glad people like you, mhead (John Murray) and Andy Neil are still prepared to get hold and go further with it. 

We've a platform and great foundations but the palace needs building

Dan - just out of curiosity, as I obviously can't see, a couple of your posts suggest members can see some sort of leader board showing how individuals standard in the poll at anyone time. 

Have I got this right? If I have it seems an unusual way to run an election. 

'Tis all a bit daft really, isn't it. And very very British:

"Right we are struggling to get numbers, resource, let alone momentum behind this project"

"Well, there's 7 people who really want to help"

"Jolly good. We only want 4 helpers in this committee though"

"But how do we decide which 3 to fob off?"

"Democratically, of course! We'll have a vote and the three lowest won't get to help. Or they might. If we co-opt them later"

"But shouldn't we just be getting on with it and worrying about more important (and more pressing) things like renewing the ACV on Ewood Park?"

"All in good time, old bean. We have a procedure to follow. We should have a committee confirmed in about 6 weeks, then we can form a sub-committee to co-opt a working part to arrange a meeting with the senior committee. We'll have this nailed down and ready to roll out in 3 months. With a fair wind."

"Sporty"

"I thought so"

Just now, Stuart said:

'Tis all a bit daft really, isn't it. And very very British:

"Right we are struggling to get numbers, resource, let alone momentum behind this project"

"Well, there's 7 people who really want to help"

"Jolly good. We only want 4 helpers in this committee though"

"But how do we decide which 3 to fob off?"

"Democratically, of course! We'll have a vote and the three lowest won't get to help. Or they might. If we co-opt them later"

"But shouldn't we just be getting on with it and worrying about more important (and more pressing) things like renewing the ACV on Ewood Park?"

"All in good time, old bean. We have a procedure to follow. We should have a committee confirmed in about 6 weeks, then we can form a sub-committee to co-opt a working part to arrange a meeting with the senior committee. We'll have this nailed down and ready to roll out in 3 months. With a fair wind."

"Sporty"

"I thought so"

Wasn't it Harold Wilson (before your time Stuart) who said that if you don't want to do anything but seem to be doing something then form a committee who'll spend years taking minutes.

Archived