BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Rao's

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Earlier this week Sheikh Ali bin Khalifa who is Bahrainian said:

"We are pleased with our association with the English Club today, and look forward to this partnership is beneficial for both sides, and I took advantage of this space to thank a Tricom, which played a major role in organizing the visit and a development agreement for the future".

With the news of these young players coming to Rovers, I wonder if he was talking about Rovers!

Could be as the official Bahrain FA story on this also mentions Tricom http://bfa.bh/detail/1305 and this on the 3rd of feb http://bfa.bh/detail/1290 and there's another story further back .

• Backroom

You never know something positive may come of it

Maybe venkys get out is selling to an associate who just happens to be mega rich

Then again with FPP and all that it wouldn't make much odds would it?

Guest Norbert

We could get a massive sponsorship deal, similar to Man City's.

Anyway, maybe Bangkok Rover had something to do with this news after failing with the Qataris. Assuming there is any real developments and not just a few arabs trying out for a contract.

This is him:

270692785.jpg

I trust his brief is to popularise football enough to fill that ground! Not be easy with a pop roughly equal to that of Manchester. Must be quite nice having room to swing the proverbial cat without hitting someone unlike here in the UK.

Bahrain was were Western Gulf advisory was based wasn't it? think Venky's do a far bit of business over that way, so a brand building exercise for them probably. Never know might excite somebody in Bahrain enough to partner up with Venky's regarding Rovers.

Did anybody read about the Bahrain V Indonesia 2014 World cup qualifier, needed to win 9-0 and then won 10-0 , awarded 4 penalties and the Indonesia Goalkeeper sent off in the first 5 minutes, so they must have some decent players down that way, perhaps Rovers could learn a thing or two :)

Had to laugh....

Was the DJ starring for the Indonesians then?

Not sure I quite understand the last sentence about Rovers having 'previously hosted the event in Hong Kong and India'.

As I remember it Rovers played in Hong Kong in the official Premier League tournament and then a few months later played one friendly game in India against Pune FC. Not sure what the 'event' is or how Rovers can be said to have hosted it.

Anyhow, any efforts to promote Rovers across the world can only be beneficial to the club.

• Backroom

The day before the rovers v Pune FC game there was a tournament held

I think it was called Roverstar or similar

Youth Teams from all over India played in a tournament with a rovers player playing in each team (Jordan slaw actually scored and celebrated like he won the World Cup)

At the end of it the 5 best players were chosen to come and train at brockhall

I think the Hong Kong link is crossed wires due to the friendly there

Bahrain was were Western Gulf advisory was based wasn't it? think Venky's do a far bit of business over that way, so a brand building exercise for them probably. Never know might excite somebody in Bahrain enough to partner up with Venky's regarding Rovers.

Did anybody read about the Bahrain V Indonesia 2014 World cup qualifier, needed to win 9-0 and then won 10-0 , awarded 4 penalties and the Indonesia Goalkeeper sent off in the first 5 minutes, so they must have some decent players down that way, perhaps Rovers could learn a thing or two :)

Nothing dodgy there then!

Well I for one would just like to use this eloquent and thought provoking thread to convey the message

FECK OFF VENKYS YOU SCUM SUCKING PARASITES!

I do enjoy interesting debate, thank you.

Very bland,

Say what you mean

:)

SECONDED..YES YOU YA FAT OWD HAG

:lol:

Just splendid that is ABBEY. I do hope the arrogant old soiler frequents these parts.

Whatever happened to Mr. Goad?

Keep it up though yeah ABBEY? You illuminate days like only Torchy the Battery Boy could

:lol:

Just splendid that is ABBEY. I do hope the arrogant old soiler frequents these parts.

Whatever happened to Mr. Goad?

Keep it up though yeah ABBEY? You illuminate days like only Torchy the Battery Boy could

I really do wish I understood just a bit of this.

Archived