BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton v Rovers

Neal

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disgrace. To think I almost forked out to come up and watch that pile of Kean. Feel gutted for those that paid to watch 90 minutes of garbage.

Funny how we just can't seem to carry over a good result and make it mean something. Beat Reading 1-0 away and then get absolutely tonked by a team fighting off regelation. I always supported Bowyer and said we should give him time, but these we can't just keep excusing these awful tactics and shocking results.

Well that was disgusting.

Out fought. Out played. Out classed.

The score line flattered us, it really should have been much more embarrassing.

Bolton have been under achieving all seasonbut have better players than we have ....

Jeez that sounded terrible and was a throwback to what we endured the whole of last season. No excuse to not give 100% but we didn't today. We were missing key players but still unacceptable.

Williamson needs to go in the summer. Taylor is a squad player and not a starter. Spurr is most certainly not a centre half. You have to wonder why we bought Dabo. We may as well have brought him on today to see what he can do.

We have to bring in a centre half on loan and recall o`Connell as that was the main thing that cost us today.

Other results went badly today. Wigan look unstoppable, Forest, QPR and Reading are stuttering. We are outsiders for the playoffs as we have been all season but looking increasing unlikely.

Bolton have been under achieving all seasonbut have better players than we have ....

Bolton have better players than us?! How players of theirs would you have in our starting 11? Probably Davies and Spearing but that's it. Their defence is woeful, midfield average and strike force decent but not better than ours.

Danns, Davies and Spearing ran us ragged.

We played like Bowyer speaks, slow and deliberate. It looked like we were in slow motion compared to them

Whilst I believe bowyer has done some good work here - namely shipping out a load of old gash and buying some half decent players - I think it's increasingly clear he's not up to the job.

He can spot a half-decent player - probably a legacy of his time at the academy - but to me, he can't set a team out, nor respond to the flow of the game by exerting a tactical influence, whether by substitutes or otherwise.

He won't be taking us up, that's for sure. You have to wonder if administration is imminent?

If Kamy was right about Bowyer nearly getting sacked the other week then GB might not even make the Burnley game. A 4-0 defeat at an average Bolton is unacceptable.

It would be also interesting to know if it was Bowyer's choice not to bring in a replacement for Dann, or if he wasn't allowed to.

It doesn't matter what the formation is supposed to be we always employ the same tactics once the game starts. Bolton im told by my trotter mates are a team who sits off too much in midfield under Freedman, something they constantly moan about as well. Today they couldn't believe the time and space they had in the middle from the off. We allowed the limited but industrious Danns to run the show, he looks like Tugay compared to our midfielders. Bad all over the pitch today it has to be said but again they target our weak right back spot, add to that the lack of a natural centre half and no wonder we were a shambles at the back. Never mind not bringing anyone else in (another cock up) but not another centre half to call on in our entire bloated squad ? Jesus.

At a 'normal' football club I would be happy to say thanks Gary and goodbye and get somebody else in who has a pedigree in this division and who can change games tactically, by substitutions and by sheer man management. However I don't think we could take another sacking within the season. If changes are to be made I would wait until the summer, as no matter who you bring in now, the chances of a play off place are very distant. I think the top 6 will be the top 6 as they stand right now.

Danns, Davies and Spearing ran us ragged.

We played like Bowyer speaks, slow and deliberate. It looked like we were in slow motion compared to them

I can believe it , i won;t go away until I see some real signs of progress .....

The managers job is the most important position in any club (Burnley for example , mediocre players could well get automatic promotion) but not at BRFC anyone cheap and with very little acumen to do the job properly , will suffice ...

Have we actually played well all season? I can perhaps remember 1 game before Evans got injured where we played well, apart from that we've not had a decent patch of form all season, got to change next year.

Not going to the breeze block was the best £33 I never spent.

Archived