BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] IT'S A BAD DAY!

And that Waggy is precisely the problem, they, them, nobodies to us, might as well live on Mars for all I care, despise them.

True and I do too but the trust weren't exactly rushing to get to every match. Difference is we had JW and a great team off the pitch.

Now we have Derek Shaw.

Why they won't employ competent people I don't know.

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Burnley were the stronger team today. They exhuded professionalism and worked as a unit and pressed us all over the pitch, we huffed and puffed to get the ball and then in the 2nd 45 especially brought pressure on ourselves by giving it straight back to them time and again.

Good strike from Rhodes and a lively first half from him, if his shot against the post had gone in we might have ended with a win. However he faded badly after the break and imo the damning truth is that if a combined team were to be selected on todays performances only Grant Handley would figure.

The first Burnley goal was a strange one. Why two players went for the ball is a mystery and at best amateurish but tbh whilst it was clumsy I didn't see a foul. Dean did however and gave the free kick. Robinson then screwed up as we know to well that he can by trying a half hearted attempt to punch the ball clear. Second goal was just a comedy of errors as our combined defence failed any number of times to put a foot through the ball. Unfortunately comedy is not the right word.

Henley was dreadful and looked like a rabbit caught in headlights the entire match and Burnleys substitutions were imo designed to expose his inadequacies as Bolton did. Why Bowyer left him on after ht is a complete mystery.

Pretty nailed on now that Burnley will be 170 million quid richer than us in a couple of months and assuming we survive as a club and they aren't bought by clueless, third world egotistical lunes who place their affairs in the hands of a cockney spiv then I'll have to eat sh1t for the rest of my natural. Poor me, poor us and poor Jack.

Burnley were the stronger team today. They exhuded professionalism and worked as a unit and pressed us all over the pitch, we huffed and puffed to get the ball and then in the 2nd 45 especially brought pressure on ourselves by giving it straight back to them time and again.

Good strike from Rhodes and a lively first half from him, if his shot against the post had gone in we might have ended with a win. However he faded badly after the break and imo the damning truth is that if a combined team were to be selected on todays performances only Grant Handley would figure.

The first Burnley goal was a strange one. Why two players went for the ball is a mystery and at best amateurish but tbh whilst it was clumsy I didn't see a foul. Dean did however and gave the free kick. Robinson then screwed up as we know to well that he can by trying a half hearted attempt to punch the ball clear. Second goal was just a comedy of errors as our combined defence failed any number of times to put a foot through the ball. Unfortunately comedy is not the right word.

Henley was dreadful and looked like a rabbit caught in headlights the entire match and Burnleys substitutions were imo designed to expose his inadequacies as Bolton did. Why Bowyer left him on after ht is a complete mystery.

Pretty nailed on now that Burnley will be 170 million quid richer than us in a couple of months and assuming we survive as a club and they aren't bought by clueless, third world egotistical lunes who place their affairs in the hands of a cockney spiv then I'll have to eat sh1t for the rest of my natural. Poor me, poor us and poor Jack.

This was mooted many times during the protests. I packed up with my ST in summer 2011 cos it's all that I could do by way of protest. Unfortunately BRFC fans would never contenance such cos they do like to get their moneysworth form their ST's around these parts don't they?

Burnley were the stronger team today. They exhuded professionalism and worked as a unit and pressed us all over the pitch, we huffed and puffed to get the ball and then in the 2nd 45 especially brought pressure on ourselves by giving it straight back to them time and again.Good strike from Rhodes and a lively first half from him, if his shot against the post had gone in we might have ended with a win. However he faded badly after the break and imo the damning truth is that if a combined team were to be selected on todays performances only Grant Handley would figure.The first Burnley goal was a strange one. Why two players went for the ball is a mystery and at best amateurish but tbh whilst it was clumsy I didn't see a foul. Dean did however and gave the free kick. Robinson then screwed up as we know to well that he can by trying a half hearted attempt to punch the ball clear. Second goal was just a comedy of errors as our combined defence failed any number of times to put a foot through the ball. Unfortunately comedy is not the right word.Henley was dreadful and looked like a rabbit caught in headlights the entire match and Burnleys substitutions were imo designed to expose his inadequacies as Bolton did. Why Bowyer left him on after ht is a complete mystery.Pretty nailed on now that Burnley will be 170 million quid richer than us in a couple of months and assuming we survive as a club and they aren't bought by clueless, third world egotistical lunes who place their affairs in the hands of a cockney spiv then I'll have to eat sh1t for the rest of my natural. Poor me, poor us and poor Jack.

Spot on Gordon. You have such an eloquent turn of phrase young man.

then in the 2nd 45 especially brought pressure on ourselves by giving it straight back to them time and again.

Don't know if you noticed but Bumley came out at half time and for 20 mins kept the ball in the air stopping us from passing. Granted we weren't good but we had definitely matched them first half.

The best team didn't win yesterday, the best manager did.

Remember guys and gals. The mantra today is "The best team won. Fair and square". Don't get dragged into an argument, it's only fun for them if they can wind you up. Stiff upper lip, even if the bottom one wants to wobble. We're all in this together!

:rover:

• Backroom

Yep I've been magnanimous on twitter but you still get them trying to wind you up

Glad there was no controversy as it would have been harder to take

Remember guys and gals. The mantra today is "The best team won. Fair and square". Don't get dragged into an argument, it's only fun for them if they can wind you up. Stiff upper lip, even if the bottom one wants to wobble. We're all in this together!

:rover:

Alternatively - ask them how many years it took them to get that victory

"They [burnley] are second in the league - you think they will get automatic promotion. That is what comes from having a settled squad like they do. It is something we have been working to and working very hard" pffft, really? Says the man who makes 3 or 4 changes every game.

Oh well, the sun is shining today and the world is still turning.

Lets face it, this has been coming - we could easily have lost the last two derby games and we played better in this game than the others, we just ran out of luck against the second best team in the league.

First hour it was a great, competitive game and Ewood was rocking, then Rhodes missed a sitter, Dunn was subbed and we fell apart.

It was an even game but Burnley have the confidence, organisation and momentum and once they equalised it was only going to go one way. Surprised how resigned the fans were at the final whistle, barely any anger at the ground compared to this MB!

Thought keane did OK on debut, Hanley was very strong and is our only natural leader. Unfortunately Henley and Spurr are both League 1 quality players leaving us exposed down the flanks and Robbo had an off day. I'm by no means his biggest fan but thought Lowe played quite well and was unlucky not to score. Shame Evans isn't quite fit yet, he needed a couple more games to sharpen up before playing in this one.

Oh well, the sun is shining today and the world is still turning.

Lets face it, this has been coming - we could easily have lost the last two derby games and we played better in this game than the others, we just ran out of luck against the second best team in the league.

First hour it was a great, competitive game and Ewood was rocking, then Rhodes missed a sitter, Dunn was subbed and we fell apart.

It was an even game but Burnley have the confidence, organisation and momentum and once they equalised it was only going to go one way. Surprised how resigned the fans were at the final whistle, barely any anger at the ground compared to this MB!

Thought keane did OK on debut, Hanley was very strong and is our only natural leader. Unfortunately Henley and Spurr are both League 1 quality players leaving us exposed down the flanks and Robbo had an off day. I'm by no means his biggest fan but thought Lowe played quite well and was unlucky not to score. Shame Evans isn't quite fit yet, he needed a couple more games to sharpen up before playing in this one.

A fair summing up ...

Thought Burnley were much stronger physically than we were and certainly fitter ..

Fair play to Dyche , he has a system and his plays know to play it ....

I was surprised that he brought Feeney on - but the reason is surely obvious - he wanted his pace to help catch them on the break ? Shortly after coming on he skinned one of the Burnley players for pace - got brought down and earned a free kick. It was an obvious tactic - didn't pay off unfortunately.

Yep, said that to the lads after the game. The plan was obvious, hit them on the counter. Unfortunately we conceded so quickly after the sub that the plan went to tatters and our main man had just been subbed. It was a shame because I felt that up until then Burnley didn't really look a threat.

Rhodes hitting the post was another great shame. I would never blame him for that because it was merely inches from a perfect finish.

Overall, thought Keane and Hanley were excellent, they really were bombarded by long ball after long ball and stood up to it. Conway too I thought was very good. He's a heck of a worker and a useful addition from what I've seen. Evans, you could tell was short of match practice. His first touch and one-touch passes were conceding possession a lot in the first half.

Lowe had a good game. Varney...a handful and a worker. Rhodes, so close to a second and a super finish for the first... wasn't man of the match though - Hanley was.

Henley and Spurr - weak links, particularly Henley who looks woeful and desperately short of confidence. Vokes spotted him as the weak link within 10minutes and played next to him for an hour.

Ings is a super player - strong, quick, decent touch and even though he struggled slightly yesterday he is always always a thorn in your side. Arfield too I like, think he's a good player.

All in all absolutely gutted. We deserved a point and the first goal came at a horrible horrible time for us.

A fair summing up ...

Thought Burnley were much stronger physically than we were and certainly fitter ..

Fair play to Dyche , he has a system and his plays know to play it ....

He wouldn't get a job here Waggy - he plays long ball football.

First half I was impressed, more than matched Burnley and should of really been more than 1 ahead.

Second half started and there was not much in it, until Dunny came off - he did look shattered and kept going to ground with every slight contact.

We had a lot of times when two players went for one ball not sure if it's because the new boy Michael Keane - who looked quite good, very composed.

Our full backs were poor - Henley throughout and boy did they target him! I thought Lowe, Hanley, Varney and Conway played well. We really missed Cairneys neat possession work though.

We played a lot better yesterday than the past few derbies against Burnley and were good value for a draw imo, but they took their chances and we didn't.

Oh yes it hurts but console yourselves in that burnley fans have suffered each and every day for 35 yrs.

You cannot take the result away from Burnley, they are a solid hardworking team who made their luck and took chances when they came. Rovers on the other hand were not quite at the races but again the defeat came through the erratic defending we so associate with our team.

We have to learn to live in burnelys shadow for at least 1 season as they are going up and we remain in the championship, but Rovers should aspire to their attitude on how they approach games. Forget the fans nonsense, we have had the good times and now we have to suffer a little, is it really that bad?

My view is simple. The problem was Henley being targeted and overrun whilst Robinson, as good as he can be is at fault for both goals.

Goal 1 should never have happened. Robinson should have at least knocked Shackle into next month.

Goal 2 lies with the whole defence with Robbo taking the blame. again when that first ball came in he should have knocked the ball to the half way line followed by the player, Henely should have closed down quicker, Hanley should have cleared, Spurr should have had his wits about him and again for a keeper of Robinsons experience that weak shot from Ings should never have gotten anywhere near the goal.

We so missed a driving midfielder.

I think Bowyer got it almost right tactics wise, clipping burnelys wings and supply line worked well until we lost the impetus of dunny. He cannot last 65 minutes and once he left the pitch burnley had a free role as he was the one player they were frightened stiff of. It gave them a boost and they got the break.

so we move on, I dread to think what the crowd will be on Wednesday but it wont be good. A hangover awaits.

Can we move on quickly? I think we have seen our season end and its now time to ensure we do as much as we can in the 13 games left.

It could have been so different this week, we got hammered at Bolton and lost yesterday. IF we had performed and taken the points Rovers could well have been sitting in prime spot for the play offs.

I sit opposite a dingle, he's quite sound for a dingle, but still, a sh1t day awaits.....

My turn tommorow .. If I'd gone in today I'd have sacked or jailed because I wolould of launched him through the window .

I thought we shaded it for an hour, apart from a couple of defensive lapses, but they really came strong towards the end and we had absolutely no answer. They seem to have come from behind quite a lot this season though which shows what a good side they are. They probably deserved the win for the way they turned the game round in the 2nd half. Not sure who to blame more, the players or the manager, but we had no plan B and once they got on top it was only going 1 way. Very sad day but life goes on.

I would agree with you Rudy but not Dunn being poor ....

Dunn's cameo performance was just that. He flattered to deceive, and after he ran into Duff and won a cheap free kick Dean sussed his intentions of of gaining free kicks in and around the Burnley area and gave him nowt else all the match. He appears to believe his own 'blue and white through and through' publicity and that a football season begins and ends with two 65 minute performances against Burnley. Well this season we should have played 4-5-1 every match and we needed him to play in the hole. He's let us down most of the season yet miraculously always gets off his sickbed Lazarus like to figure in Dingle Derbies. Yesterday against a professional, spirited and exceedingly committed outfit he definitely looked his age.

To me, yesterday`s result doesn`t show how good Bumley are.....it shows how far Rovers have fallen under the Venky regime.

They wanted it more & they deserved it.

Rovers fans should take it on the chin.....after all, we`ve been dishing it out to them for 35yrs.

Let them have their day in the sun. Hopefully it won`t last.

Rovers needs to rebuild the whole club from top to bottom....without those Keaning idiots from Pune.

Bowyer`s an ok guy, but NOT the answer. Rovers NEED a strong manager who can demand respect & passion from the players & fans. A manager who players will run through brick walls for. There wasn`t a lot of that on show today.

Looking for a positive from yesterday is hard. There`s very little to shout about.

Me? As for me, i`ll take great pleasure in watching Bumley picking bits of premier league out of their ring-pieces every Saturday tea-time next term. It`ll be worth the SkySports fee itself.

Archived