BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Another Venky's Milestone of decline awaits this Sunday.

Today has confirmed that the wheel has well and truly turned full circle. As much as it galls me to say it Burnley are the model for what we should now aspire to be. They are an extremely well run club and more importantly well run by Burnley people. They have a meat and potato manager who can set up a team to get the best out of players and get results. In other words they are what we USED to be until the Indians rolled up and changed all that.

I hate the Raos with a passion and at the moment I really would accept whatever the consequences would be if they went. I sincerely wish them all the bad luck in the world and a slow lingering death for them all would be too good.

Are they feeling like we do at the moment? Not a keaning chance.

Amen.

@#/? off Venky's!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we don't know burnley wont build on promotion (if they get it) they could end up like Swansea or hull and build on this season, dyche seems a loyal sort, promotion could be the start for burnley or then again they could become a yo-yo club,.

we don't know burnley wont build on promotion (if they get it) they could end up like Swansea or hull and build on this season, dyche seems a loyal sort, promotion could be the start for burnley or then again they could become a yo-yo club,.

They all are until a bigger club with more money comes along. Or perhaps that's just me being cynical.

maybe you're right but he doesn't come across as having any airs or graces, down to earth. The only reason coyle left was because of the pull of being a former Bolton player

Dyche would be off like a shot if another club doubled his money.

He'd probably even come to Ewood.

Now wouldn't that be fun !

I can't see them ending up like Swansea, their fans are still smarting about where all the cash went after their last stint in the PL. And they won't keep Dyche, he's far too ambitious. Wonderful singing voice too.

Let us pray that they are caught by QPR who take the second automatic promotion spot and we now go unbeaten for the rest of the season (apart from throwing the QPR game) and qualify for the play offs. Then we will meet them at Wembley in the final and Dunny can score an offside 99th minute winner.

Nearly forgot, can someone find out the email address of Nottingham Forests rich owners and when they don't go up we can inundate them with emails to let them know how good Dyche is as a manager and that they should employ him. He started his career there and has connections with Forest.

Always look on the bright side of life.

RTID

Let us pray that they are caught by QPR who take the second automatic promotion spot and we now go unbeaten for the rest of the season (apart from throwing the QPR game) and qualify for the play offs. Then we will meet them at Wembley in the final and Dunny can score an offside 99th minute winner.

Even better. Man Utd sack Moyes, bring in Dyche pre-play offs. Burnley employ Steve Kean and become ravaged by injuries and a fat agent. Ings gets frozen out because of something to do with appearance bonuses and then we win via a David Dunn offside goal in injury time. He then nets two more in two minutes due to the adrenaline. A plane with an abusive message flies over the stadium paid for by Simon Garner.

Venkys then sell Rovers to a fan of the club who happens to be an oil billionaire.

That's a dream!!! :)

No chance. Swansea and Hull are cities, with fanbases at least double that of Burnley (and us for that matter). I can't think of a club from a town of around 100,000 population that has managed to establish itself in the PL without some sort of input from a rich benefactor. That romance has gone from football, Burnley will never achieve anything comparable to what we did in 2000-10, thankfully.

Well 24 hours on and the pain does not get better.

Another step down in the Venky's decline of BRFC as per my opening piece is now confirmed. Can you see it ever stopping, I can't.

The projected out look right now looks one of even more lowering of standards. Sat with some neutrals yesterday who thought Burnley wanted it more especially in the last 20 mins and that our midfield was chronic. Sounds like we have heard that message somewhere before.

Yes its a down day and the world looks dark. Can our Manager really deliver? Huge question marks again yesterday about tactics and substitutions.

Dyche and his team went through a good 5 min tactical review before making their changes and yet again they made an immediate impact like Stanislas did earlier in the season. Does Bowyer do that level of analysis. Certainly his substitutions let Burnley have the initiative although to be fair Dunny was poiting to his ankle and saying he was shot after an hour.

Dyche remained positive through the whole game. His men were pressing all over the pitch for 90 mins. He has developed a psyche of relentlessness that requires a huge by in from his team. Their manager has a clear game plan and he gets his team organised and motivated to deliver.

Bowyer said he was going to model Rovers on Malky Mackays Cardiff......... well Dyche has already done it whilst Bowyer does not even know his starting eleven. The signing and playing of Feeney summed up the bankruptcy of ideas and looked and act of desperation. I know he was meant to stretch their defence but he looked slow and cumbersome and was lucky not to get sent off.

13 games to go and it looks one long painful drag to the end of the season being subject to witnessing the rise of Burnley.

The key to our recovery lies in Bowyer above all. I was concerned earlier this season he did not learn quick enough and got some pelters on here but he has not learnt. The midfield remains an unresolved issue despite being told it was not competitive.

Organisational, motivational and tactical skills are paramount in this job and Bowyers inexperience has cost us big time this season. The signs were there when we did not turn up at Leicester. Bowyer blamed everyone else except himself but my Leicester pals said we were lucky the score was not double. Self delusion and management by wishful thinking will get him nowhere. He needs to make things happen and not blame others for them.

I am not advocating change but I am saying to him that the Bolton/Burnley losses were down to a lot of his poor judgement and he needs now to put things right quickly otherwise most of us will start believing he will never learn from his mistakes.

Repeat offences have not been held to account in too many areas of the ptich this year and that is the Managers responsibility.

I do not want to see any more days like yesterday and have to listen to every excuse under the sun as to why things are not.. Dyche doesn't so time to deliver GB

Well 24 hours on and the pain does not get better.

Another step down in the Venky's decline of BRFC as per my opening piece is now confirmed. Can you see it ever stopping, I can't.

The projected out look right now looks one of even more lowering of standards. Sat with some neutrals yesterday who thought Burnley wanted it more especially in the last 20 mins and that our midfield was chronic. Sounds like we have heard that message somewhere before.

Yes its a down day and the world looks dark. Can our Manager really deliver? Huge question marks again yesterday about tactics and substitutions.

Dyche and his team went through a good 5 min tactical review before making their changes and yet again they made an immediate impact like Stanislas did earlier in the season. Does Bowyer do that level of analysis. Certainly his substitutions let Burnley have the initiative although to be fair Dunny was poiting to his ankle and saying he was shot after an hour.

Dyche remained positive through the whole game. His men were pressing all over the pitch for 90 mins. He has developed a psyche of relentlessness that requires a huge by in from his team. Their manager has a clear game plan and he gets his team organised and motivated to deliver.

Bowyer said he was going to model Rovers on Malky Mackays Cardiff......... well Dyche has already done it whilst Bowyer does not even know his starting eleven. The signing and playing of Feeney summed up the bankruptcy of ideas and looked and act of desperation. I know he was meant to stretch their defence but he looked slow and cumbersome and was lucky not to get sent off.

13 games to go and it looks one long painful drag to the end of the season being subject to witnessing the rise of Burnley.

The key to our recovery lies in Bowyer above all. I was concerned earlier this season he did not learn quick enough and got some pelters on here but he has not learnt. The midfield remains an unresolved issue despite being told it was not competitive.

Organisational, motivational and tactical skills are paramount in this job and Bowyers inexperience has cost us big time this season. The signs were there when we did not turn up at Leicester. Bowyer blamed everyone else except himself but my Leicester pals said we were lucky the score was not double. Self delusion and management by wishful thinking will get him nowhere. He needs to make things happen and not blame others for them.

I am not advocating change but I am saying to him that the Bolton/Burnley losses were down to a lot of his poor judgement and he needs now to put things right quickly otherwise most of us will start believing he will never learn from his mistakes.

Repeat offences have not been held to account in too many areas of the ptich this year and that is the Managers responsibility.

I do not want to see any more days like yesterday and have to listen to every excuse under the sun as to why things are not.. Dyche doesn't so time to deliver GB

get ready for Preston, blackpool in div one, its coming

Loads of local derbies await us-----Oldham, Tranmere, Accy, Fleetwood, Preston, good rail links to Carlisle, Bury! Lots more if we slip farther than this.

Whether Pleasington can accommodate their fans is another matter.

Loads of local derbies await us-----Oldham, Tranmere, Accy, Fleetwood, Preston, good rail links to Carlisle, Bury! Lots more if we slip farther than this.

Whether Pleasington can accommodate their fans is another matter.

Oh, just think when we used to complain that we has Burnley, Bolton, Wigan, Blackpool, Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Everton all too close by. :(

• Moderation Lead

No chance. Swansea and Hull are cities, with fanbases at least double that of Burnley (and us for that matter). I can't think of a club from a town of around 100,000 population that has managed to establish itself in the PL without some sort of input from a rich benefactor. That romance has gone from football, Burnley will never achieve anything comparable to what we did in 2000-10, thankfully.

Hull and Swansea have double the fanbase of BRFC? Have you been drinking?? Their gates are no better than ours when we were in the PL!!

Just because they're city clubs doesn't mean jack, look at Fulham for example!!!

Hull and Swansea have double the fanbase of BRFC? Have you been drinking?? Their gates are no better than ours when we were in the PL!!

Just because they're city clubs doesn't mean jack, look at Fulham for example!!!

Times are changing K-hod, I think SKH is right.

Remember '87 when we took 30,000 to Wembley and Charlton fans went in a taxi? I think their gates are better than ours currently.

Brighton's another example, they've currently about 8,000 more season ticket holders than we ever had in our pomp. It's where the brass is!

Hull, Swansea and Fulham sell out, they can't do any more other than increase capacity.

Not a criticism of our support, just a reluctant acceptance of demographics.

Despite the shenanigans of recent times, Rovers couldn't have done more to make Matchdays affordable IMO and I think we've filled the ground twice.

• Moderation Lead

I don't think Hull, Swansea or Fulham would be getting anywhere near a full ground if they weren't in the PL.

Or if they'd gone through what we have with the owners etc, though the guy at Fulham does seem to change managers with similar frequency to Venky's....

didn't want to think about it, the Church pub is it?

You'd cry if you saw the Church Inn now. Foot high grass on the bowling green and no roof on the pub. It closed a while ago and a bloke bought it intending to build houses on the site. Apparently he can't because the green is covanented land. So it's being allowed to fall down. My bet ? In five years there'll be houses on the site.

Despite the shenanigans of recent times, Rovers couldn't have done more to make Matchdays affordable IMO and I think we've filled the ground twice.

Agreed. People should be filling their boots. Live professional football - whatever people think of the quality of players - doesn't come any cheaper than at Rovers.

Archived