BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager? What would you do?

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tim Sherwood would be an excellent appointment

He needs to stop wearing his heart on his sleeve imo. On screen he appears too emotional and needs to be more canny and cultivate more presence. If he is like that at the training ground too then he'll fail. It might come with time.

We weren't floundering under Souness because of the players egos Stuart! We were down the bottom because the squad was rubbish.

His methods were out- dated and failed at Newcastle too.

I wouldn't have Souness back for a gold clock! We were in relegation mode good and proper and I'm lead to believe that Souness was about two weeks away from the sack when those daft Geordies came and bought him off us. The switch to Hughes saved our bacon and made us an absolute fortune to boot .

Also imo there is a somewhat murky atmosphere surrounding his transfer dealings and especially the ones involving Glasgow Rangers both when he was here and after he'd gone to NUFC. The Ferguson 'homesick' bullshit which caused us to forsake millions wasn't right was it cos he's spent the past decade down here since, the Amoruso purchase wasn't right either, that had a taint of Glasgow gangsters (ring a bell? :huh:), horses head in the bed scouting and the Boumsong affair with NUFC reeked to high heaven! The less said about Goerge Weah's cousin at Soton the better.

I wouldn't have Souness back for a gold clock! We were in relegation mode good and proper and I'm lead to believe that Souness was about two weeks away from the sack when those daft Geordies came and bought him off us. The switch to Hughes saved our bacon and made us an absolute fortune to boot .

Also imo there is a somewhat murky atmosphere surrounding his transfer dealings and especially the ones involving Glasgow Rangers both when he was here and after he'd gone to NUFC. The Ferguson 'homesick' bullshit which caused us to forsake millions wasn't right was it cos he's spent the past decade down here since, the Amoruso purchase wasn't right either, that had a taint of Glasgow gangsters (ring a bell? :huh:), horses head in the bed scouting and the Boumsong affair with NUFC reeked to high heaven! The less said about Goerge Weah's cousin at Soton the better.

1st , I have heard about that but I am not arguing ..He lost the plot though!

But I would rather have Souness as manager then the present incumbent .....

Stick or Twist ?.

The problem with Bowyer like a lot have said is his belief that Lowe and Williamson is a combination,sorry Gary its not,Williamson is just not good enough for this division.Lowe playing behind Evans and Cairny with 2 wide men eg King and Marshall in a 4-5-1 is with the currant squad to me is our best bet and lets get them having a real go at attacking teams not this sitting back crap.

In his defence he has rarely had his best 11 to pick from injuries have been a critical factor this season,look at our point at aeroplanes in the sky friends down the road have done,Dyche good manager but being able to put his best team out 90% of the time certainly is a factor where they are.

If the manager is to be changed maybe Grayson at P.N.E he had a team sold under him at Leeds did a decent job at Huddersfield and now doing well there.The name of the man might not inspire some members,but he knows what it will take to get out of this division.

In his defence he has rarely had his best 11 to pick from injuries have been a critical factor this season,look at our point at aeroplanes in the sky friends down the road have done,Dyche good manager but being able to put his best team out 90% of the time certainly is a factor where they are

Injuries, as a reason for poor performances, would be far more acceptable at a club with a smaller squad.

Going back to the title of the thread - New manager, what would you do?

Well, I'd wait until the end of the season and then wait for Sam Allardyce to become available. The old maestro signed a new 2-year West Ham contract in May 2011 but I suspect he will leave before then.

Then I would go to him, offer humble apologies (as Indians do) for sacking him, admit it was a terrible mistake and ask him to come back with a nice juicy bonus to get us promoted.

The proviso is Gary Bowyer stays at the club (if he wishes) in his backroom role.

Well, I'd wait until the end of the season and then wait for Sam Allardyce to become available. The old maestro signed a new 2-year West Ham contract in May 2011 but I suspect he will leave before then.

Then I would go to him, offer humble apologies (as Indians do) for sacking him, admit it was a terrible mistake and ask him to come back with a nice juicy bonus to get us promoted.

The proviso is Gary Bowyer stays at the club (if he wishes) in his backroom role.

Do you honestly believe what you have written ?

VENKYSCUM are clueless cluckers and my left nad has a bigger brain than the fat owd hag bint .

If the manager is to be changed maybe Grayson at P.N.E he had a team sold under him at Leeds did a decent job at Huddersfield and now doing well there.The name of the man might not inspire some members,but he knows what it will take to get out of this division.

Grayson, Holloway, Mackay would do me with Newell or Souness (short term) at a push. There's a few others that may be available at the end of the season.

In his defence he has rarely had his best 11 to pick from injuries have been a critical factor this season,look at our point at aeroplanes in the sky friends down the road have done,Dyche good manager but being able to put his best team out 90% of the time certainly is a factor where they are.

More like 100% of the time this season. I can't remember the last time we had a season so free of injuries even when we were good.

also to do with dyche being a proactive manager during games, something bowyer hasn't grasped, dyche has a pencil and pad, bowyer has a packet of gum!!!

Need I remind you Paul Ince also had a notepad and pen...

paul%20ince%20blackburn%20football.gif

What's all this proviso crap about Bowyer staying on in another capacity?

The man has worked for years, and been rapidly promoted, under Venkys...and you think he is your friend?!?

I'd be happy him staying on, but...come on...loyalty to a Bowyer as manager? Come on...this is nuts.

We won't have our club back until they are ALL out, every one of the Venkys.

I'm not his greatest fan (nor biggest critic) but that's very, very harsh, FLB.

People have been claiming tongue in cheek comments recently. I'm not sure it that's what you were aiming for?

I'm not his greatest fan (nor biggest critic) but that's very, very harsh, FLB.

People have been claiming tongue in cheek comments recently. I'm not sure it that's what you were aiming for?

I did mean it, but I eased it slightly, as I can't be arsed arguing on here any longer - that's what I used to do before thinking of Rovers made me angry. Instead, it used to be a daily occurrence to think/post/read about them with pride. I don't think it's that harsh at all, Stu, and I think if you actually think outside out the box about it...and consider what I originally said..perhaps it would make sense.

However, this board/club is a pittance of what it once was, so fine...Bowyer's trying his best...the fact that he's been employed by Venkys for years is irrelevant...him being promoted under them means nowt....

I stick by my last statement - I want them all out. Bowyer can bugger off as well. Survived AND promoted under Venkys?!?

I say that as someone who can name every Rovers position in every season since they began, and their FA Cup/League Cup position. Doesn't make me better than any other supporter - and it does make me a Geek - but nobody can say I don't know/love my club.

Unfortunately, all I feel these days when I look at Venkys Rovers is anger and impotent despair...

Interesting bit of info copied from the LT... "Bowyer has won 18, drawn 16 and lost 15 of the 49 competitive matches he has presided over as Rovers’ caretaker and permanent boss – a win percentage of 36.73 per cent that is better than Steve Kean’s first 49 games in charge (24.48 per cent) and Sam Allardyce’s first 49 games in charge (32.65 per cent)"... Are we still sure Bowyer is absolute pants and needs to be sacked ?.

Interesting bit of info copied from the LT... "Bowyer has won 18, drawn 16 and lost 15 of the 49 competitive matches he has presided over as Rovers’ caretaker and permanent boss – a win percentage of 36.73 per cent that is better than Steve Kean’s first 49 games in charge (24.48 per cent) and Sam Allardyce’s first 49 games in charge (32.65 per cent)"... Are we still sure Bowyer is absolute pants and needs to be sacked ?.[/size]

No comment re Kean but re Allardyce you have to factor in that we were in the Premier League.

Interesting bit of info copied from the LT... "Bowyer has won 18, drawn 16 and lost 15 of the 49 competitive matches he has presided over as Rovers’ caretaker and permanent boss – a win percentage of 36.73 per cent that is better than Steve Kean’s first 49 games in charge (24.48 per cent) and Sam Allardyce’s first 49 games in charge (32.65 per cent)"... Are we still sure Bowyer is absolute pants and needs to be sacked ?.

Sacked no, but invited to take up his former role yes. The difference is Allardyce was operating in the Premier League and as far as promotion and keeping clubs in the top flight he has been there and got the T-shirt many times over.

I don't expect it to happen by the way, but it's rather wishful thinking on my part in answer to the title of the thread. A more practical appointment might be Malky Mackay, who I think is still without a job after leaving Cardiff.

Why does this pointless subject and thread (yes, pointless because it's a reaction to a bad result and we already have a topic on the manager) carry on unabated?

I'll tell you the answer; fans have become short sighted and trigger happy due to the whole SK fiasco and modern climate of football club management.

I can't blame you to be honest, using the word "out" after a managers name is a symptom of shouting "Kean Out" week upon week. I can't remember ever using it before.

What I can say though is please consider other factors involved rather than just shouting for action. So far under the genius regime of Indian cowboys; we have had 4 full time rookies.

I personally don't want to see a fifth. I'd rather we give the chance to develop to the only rookie so far that showed a modicum of understanding.

Why does this pointless subject and thread (yes, pointless because it's a reaction to a bad result and we already have a topic on the manager) carry on unabated?

I'll tell you the answer; fans have become short sighted and trigger happy due to the whole SK fiasco and modern climate of football club management.

I can't blame you to be honest, using the word "out" after a managers name is a symptom of shouting "Kean Out" week upon week. I can't remember ever using it before.

What I can say though is please consider other factors involved rather than just shouting for action. So far under the genius regime of Indian cowboys; we have had 4 full time rookies.

I personally don't want to see a fifth. I'd rather we give the chance to develop to the only rookie so far that showed a modicum of understanding.

I don't think anyone is asking for a rookie

I did mean it, but I eased it slightly, as I can't be arsed arguing on here any longer - that's what I used to do before thinking of Rovers made me angry. Instead, it used to be a daily occurrence to think/post/read about them with pride. I don't think it's that harsh at all, Stu, and I think if you actually think outside out the box about it...and consider what I originally said..perhaps it would make sense.

However, this board/club is a pittance of what it once was, so fine...Bowyer's trying his best...the fact that he's been employed by Venkys for years is irrelevant...him being promoted under them means nowt....

I stick by my last statement - I want them all out. Bowyer can bugger off as well. Survived AND promoted under Venkys?!?

I say that as someone who can name every Rovers position in every season since they began, and their FA Cup/League Cup position. Doesn't make me better than any other supporter - and it does make me a Geek - but nobody can say I don't know/love my club.

Unfortunately, all I feel these days when I look at Venkys Rovers is anger and impotent despair...

Ok, you've removed the bit that made me type 'very, very' but from what you are describing it sounds like he's a toupeed, bespectacled, nice guy version of Kean. I've descrived him more than once as a poor man's Ricky Sbragia but I'm not sure I'd call him (Steve) Kean.

He has two choices as is see it:

1) Quit and, hopefully, find work at a youth team or reserve set up or at another club.

2) Work as a manager under the terms laid out by Venkys and just maybe get enough experience to apply for management jobs at other clubs. He has experience of Ol' Big 'Ed so he some of that ego might have rubbed off on him.

He has chosen the second. I guess you could argue Kean had those same options but with Kean, he allegedly had a leg up from outside influences (we all know the story there).

The difference between him and Kean is that he probably did deserve his opportunity. He had relative success and youth and reserve level and virtually single handedly kept us up last season. That was what got him his chance and I think that alone means he deserves more credit/respect.

My beef is that I think he has run out of ideas and has stagnated. Sticking to 'safe', defensive tactics, the type that might work when you have to dig out 4 results at the end of the season to avoid being dragged down. I've yet to see him send out a side to take a game by the scruff of the neck - particularly after half time. No flair, no imagination, no ways of unlocking an opposition defence.

Let's hope that we score 5 tonight and prove me wrong.

I don't think anyone is asking for a rookie

It's not the asking, it's the getting. If you punch a midget in the eye and end up in court every time, why do it again?

Ok, you've removed the bit that made me type 'very, very' but from what you are describing it sounds like he's a toupeed, bespectacled, nice guy version of Kean. I've descrived him more than once as a poor man's Ricky Sbragia but I'm not sure I'd call him (Steve) Kean.

He has two choices as is see it:

1) Quit and, hopefully, find work at a youth team or reserve set up or at another club.

2) Work as a manager under the terms laid out by Venkys and just maybe get enough experience to apply for management jobs at other clubs. He has experience of Ol' Big 'Ed so he some of that ego might have rubbed off on him.

He has chosen the second. I guess you could argue Kean had those same options but with Kean, he allegedly had a leg up from outside influences (we all know the story there).

The difference between him and Kean is that he probably did deserve his opportunity. He had relative success and youth and reserve level and virtually single handedly kept us up last season. That was what got him his chance and I think that alone means he deserves more credit/respect.

My beef is that I think he has run out of ideas and has stagnated. Sticking to 'safe', defensive tactics, the type that might work when you have to dig out 4 results at the end of the season to avoid being dragged down. I've yet to see him send out a side to take a game by the scruff of the neck - particularly after half time. No flair, no imagination, no ways of unlocking an opposition defence.

Let's hope that we score 5 tonight and prove me wrong.

Can't argue it's just the alternative to GB is probably another "promotion" from within

Archived