Of a day -I-ay-I-ay

I met a Rovers fan and we stopped to talk

Of a fine match day -I-ay

And I ask you, friend, what's a Rover to do

Half his shirt was white, half his shirt was blue

And I knew right then, we'd be havin' a ball

Down at Ewood Park with a Conway Goal

:rover:

You'll struggle to find a better winger in the championship. His end product is outstanding, apparently he has the highest assist rate of any rovers player this season which is pretty good considering he only joined in January!

He also allows us to score a lot of `easy` goals. By that I mean goals from set pieces and by pin point crosses into the box, we don't have to produce good play or carve teams open to create chances. Gestede certainly relishes the crosses put in by Conway.

Not surprised in the slightest. I used to see him play week in week out up at tannadice. Even when he doesn't have a good game it is excusable as he always looks interested and busy.

If he was two yards quicker he wouldn't be at rovers. I think being at Cardiff and Brighton has massively improved him as a player. Was delighted when we signed him, and also mildly surprised. Another good signing.

All together now...

Well, I took a stroll down the Bolton Road

Of a day -I-ay-I-ay

I met a Rovers fan and we stopped to talk

Of a fine match day -I-ay

And I ask you, friend, what's a Rover to do

Half his shirt was white, half his shirt was blue

And I knew right then, we'd be havin' a ball

Down at Ewood Park with a Conway Goal

:rover:

I've just actually read that again whilst listening to Steve Earle. Awesome effort Stuart! :tu:

It'd be great if we could get it going from even just from the 'And I ask you friend' bit. Unfortunately I fear half of Ewood Park would need a music lesson first! I actually got told I was 'showing my age' the other week when I attempted to get the Specials going for Rudy.

Great work!.

......two of us singing........there's only two of us singing.................

I imagine Marshall will be lucky to make the start of next season with that injury

He WILL be back by then..

Marshall on the right, Conway on the left - Gestede & Rhodes upfront with chance galore being supplied to them!!

I'd imagine Cairney and Evans will be the first choice CMs next season, with Marshall and Conway out wide.

Maybe Lowe holding if we only play one up front.

Andy, I strongly believe that you are wrong with this.

Based on Bowyer's actions to date, if fit, Lowe will be the first name on every team sheet.

He will play in CM, and will be the player that all of our play will revolve around.

I've just actually read that again whilst listening to Steve Earle. Awesome effort Stuart! :tu:

It'd be great if we could get it going from even just from the 'And I ask you friend' bit. Unfortunately I fear half of Ewood Park would need a music lesson first! I actually got told I was 'showing my age' the other week when I attempted to get the Specials going for Rudy.

Great work!.

......two of us singing........there's only two of us singing.................

Conway goal/Galway Girl works for me too..now aint that the kiss of death!

• 3 weeks later...

Andy, I strongly believe that you are wrong with this.

Based on Bowyer's actions to date, if fit, Lowe will be the first name on every team sheet.

He will play in CM, and will be the player that all of our play will revolve around.

Strange - a fully fit Lowe started on the bench today ?

With Rhodes and Cairney we have four attacking players easily good enough for promotion. Well done Craig this season!

I know he scored today - but I would definitely sacrifice Rhodes if it increased our chances of holding onto Conway, Gestede and Cairney.

You sure he was fully fit? Although it sounds like you are saying I've been right all along and that Bowyer has finally twigged. ^_^

But you can't mean that so I'll be diplomatic and say that we'll see in the fullness of time (i.e. next season)

You sure he was fully fit? Although it sounds like you are saying I've been right all along and that Bowyer has finally twigged. ^_^

But you can't mean that so I'll be diplomatic and say that we'll see in the fullness of time (i.e. next season)

My argument about Lowe has always been that GB has rarely had Evans fit - and two wingers in form as he has had towards the end of the season. Evans is a more complete player than Lowe - but playing Cairney and Evans as a midfield two we do look exposed at times. I did like it earlier in the season when we played Lowe, Evans and Cairney as a midfield three - hopefully next season Evans will remain fit and he will be able to rotate players depending on the opposition.

I know he scored today - but I would definitely sacrifice Rhodes if it increased our chances of holding onto Conway, Gestede and Cairney.

If you sacrifice Rhodes where are 25 goals coming from Gestede and Rhodes need t oplay together .

If you sacrifice Rhodes where are 25 goals coming from Gestede and Rhodes need t oplay together .

Might not need them. With Rhodes replaced by A. N Other we'd be certain to stiffen up defensively and stop leaking so many goals.

Archived