BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Ultimate Warrior has died :(

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bad about him dying but fill your body full of crap (ALLEGEDLY)and that's what happens . I got offered a place on the circuit many moons ago but had to sign up to do the steds. No chance.

One of the lads I knew did and he's dead to.

• Backroom

Shocking as he was just on Raw on Monday for the first time in years

I hate that so many of the wrestlers I watched growing up are now gone but have to agree with Abbey there was so much steroid abuse back in the day and this is a result for the most part

Glad people are screened these days

Shocking as he was just on Raw on Monday for the first time in years

I hate that so many of the wrestlers I watched growing up are now gone but have to agree with Abbey there was so much steroid abuse back in the day and this is a result for the most part

Glad people are screened these days

I was offered a life changing amount but they wouldn't sign me because I flat out refused. Before anyone says I'm dissing the deceased I'm not , I'm just saying the steds are for idiots.

• Moderation Lead

Obviously a huge shame, as I remember him well from my childhood watching this, far too soon, and he's not the first, steroid abuse was far too rife way back when!

• Backroom

Not just steroids either sadly

The culture of wrestling entertainment in the early 90s heavily featured lots of sex, booze and drugs, lots and lots of drugs.

Also many of them have painkiller addictions due to messed up knees, necks and backs from years of taking bumps.

The strain on their hearts is just too much.

I still wonder if Warrior knew he was on his way out. He'd refused to make peace with Vince macmahon for 20 years and then all of a sudden had a change of heart.

Guest Norbert

I used to watch it in that period when I was about 10 or 11. There were all sorts of crazy characters like Papa Shango etc. I have 'grown out of it' now, but they just seem to be giant men in pants when I see the ads for the shows. No people dressed up as lizards or whatever.

And I've never met Abbey, but I can't see him as some 6 foot 7 WWE type. It's just not my mental picture of him.

• Backroom

I wish I could enjoy wrestling as much as I did as a kid in the early 90s but modern wrestlers just seem so dull, they really embraced the theatrics back then.

The death of kayfabe, with the interwebz, unfortunately. Although since HHH took over development/NXT and part-time creative, they've started pushing 'characters' more. Not quite as ridiculous as previous eras, but we do still have a pyromaniac, a cult leader, the cookie-cutter hero, a zombie, a UFC fighter, 2 masked libres, a show-off, 2 samoans, a boss with a sledgehammer fetish and a wife with big boobs, 3 'men-in-black', a viper, a ballroom dancer etc.

Never saw Warrior wrestle in his prime, but I've seen plenty of him on vids and he's easily one of my top 5 wrestlers from my 'pre-watching' timeline.

Never could get into WWE. Then again, we were poor and only had terrestrial tele. Even so, I did (and still do) find it loud, trashy and faker than Posh Spice's tits. Also, something about a bunch of buff guys in tight outfits grappling each other... seems kinda gay.

Guest Norbert

Never could get into WWE. Then again, we were poor and only had terrestrial tele. Even so, I did (and still do) find it loud, trashy and faker than Posh Spice's tits. Also, something about a bunch of buff guys in tight outfits grappling each other... seems kinda gay.

I want to watch that episode of South Park now :D

The death of kayfabe, with the interwebz, unfortunately. Although since HHH took over development/NXT and part-time creative, they've started pushing 'characters' more. Not quite as ridiculous as previous eras, but we do still have a pyromaniac, a cult leader, the cookie-cutter hero, a zombie, a UFC fighter, 2 masked libres, a show-off, 2 samoans, a boss with a sledgehammer fetish and a wife with big boobs, 3 'men-in-black', a viper, a ballroom dancer etc.

Never saw Warrior wrestle in his prime, but I've seen plenty of him on vids and he's easily one of my top 5 wrestlers from my 'pre-watching' timeline.

I'm so glad you have changed your av Mike, honestly, albeit borne from unfortunate circumstances obviously. That was an awful picture of Hogan haha!

• Backroom

It's a TV series based around the sport of wrestling, with added choreography and drama. Works for me :)

Perhaps it needs pointing out that Walter White is also Malcolm's slightly camp and oddball dad? Or that Tyrion Lannister is the midget writer from Elf? Or the House was also Prince George?

I used to watch it in that period when I was about 10 or 11. There were all sorts of crazy characters like Papa Shango etc. I have 'grown out of it' now, but they just seem to be giant men in pants when I see the ads for the shows. No people dressed up as lizards or whatever.

And I've never met Abbey, but I can't see him as some 6 foot 7 WWE type. It's just not my mental picture of him.

Actually Abbey is exactly like that but bigger

Can't watch the wrestling since the days of Kent Walton. Yes I watch actors in films and plays but if they were as ridiculously bad as in WWE I wouldn't watch them either.

• Backroom

Can't watch the wrestling since the days of Kent Walton. Yes I watch actors in films and plays but if they were as ridiculously bad as in WWE I wouldn't watch them either.

It's definitely in the 'so @#/?, it's good' category for most diehard fans tbh.

At least it's what says it is. Entertainment based on sport.

Archived