BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets and Stand Closures

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the owners are prepared to back the club with guarantees on loans or put money in then it seems a very sensible approach.

It's a nice contract for a coach Parson (sorry, cynical head on again).

Seriously though, if this is the case then the owners might have been had again. There's no real reason why it should take 4 years. Many managers make immediate impressions on a squad. The only argument that has any weight behind it taking so long, is that managers need time to assemble their own squad. Bowyer has already had backing for 19 additions, so for me he should be near to achieving his target well before the 4 year mark.

Personally if there are going to be closures then for me I would offer this suggestion.

Top of both Darwen End and Blackburn end to be closed.

Away support be located to JW Lower Darwen End.

Family area lower Darwen End (left).

Close JW Upper (darwen end only).

Potentially revert Darwen End to standing and singing section right side.

In the event of a decent away following - all fans in darwen end can be moved to JW or Riverside.

We are not going to see massive away followings next season so it would definitely benefit us with away fans being on the side rather than behind the goals.

This is effectively the plan. It upsets the least amount of fans and puts the away fans in the JW Lower (Darwen End) which is lucky to have 30 paying fans in these days.

IF that's the plan, its going to be a hard sell...wouldn't it be better to have away fans in the DE Upper, close the DE Lower (hopefully they'd move to BBE Lower to give it some much needed life), BBE Upper to JWL - DE and close the JWU - DE.

Have a good look around Ewood today chaps and chapesses.

Which stand(s) would you shut and how would you reconfigure who goes where?

Why all the talk about stand closures does this mean there isnt going to be any kind of investment for promotion this summer.

Jesus, all this is ridiculous really. We have Etuhu playing for the under 21s on £35k a week and roughly £130k a week spent on subsidies on loaning players elsewhere. Admittedly we need to be frugal but half a dozen stewards and turnstile operators hardly makes a dent but at the same time alienates more supporters. Nero fiddles.

What next?

Oh I forgot, Gaz is already working on that.........

The club is well and truly @#/?, I despair.

If your going to do stand closures then....

Close the Darwen end upper, and the Blackburn end upper.... and then the back 15-20 or so rows in the Jack walker upper...

Finally move the Darwen end singing section back into the Blackburn end lower and make it away fans only.

Personally id go with crazy low price tickets and free tickets for kids.... for me the brand needs rebuilding, don't buy this "if the price is too low" nonsense... get the feel good factor & atmosphere back.

If your going to do stand closures then....

Close the Darwen end upper, and the Blackburn end upper.... and then the back 15-20 or so rows in the Jack walker upper...

Finally move the Darwen end singing section back into the Blackburn end lower and make it away fans only.

Personally id go with crazy low price tickets and free tickets for kids.... for me the brand needs rebuilding, don't buy this "if the price is too low" nonsense... get the feel good factor & atmosphere back.

Wow, that's a lot of disruption that thankfully won't happen.

Nothing has been decided yet, however if there was to be a closure the more likely is the BBE upper and no doubt a new designated family area being made available elsewhere.

Wow, that's a lot of disruption that thankfully won't happen.

Nothing has been decided yet, however if there was to be a closure the more likely is the BBE upper and no doubt a new designated family area being made available elsewhere.

Can you ask at the Fans Forum how much this hare-brained idea will save. We have sat in the Family Stand since it opened and it is exactly what is says on the tin. I would be amazed if it didn't result in a lot of families not renewing.

Why not sack Kung Fu Panda who takes a wage for doing nothing. I would think his annual salary would cover a big part of the Stewards wages.

Can you ask at the Fans Forum how much this hare-brained idea will save. We have sat in the Family Stand since it opened and it is exactly what is says on the tin. I would be amazed if it didn't result in a lot of families not renewing.

Why not sack Kung Fu Panda who takes a wage for doing nothing. I would think his annual salary would cover a big part of the Stewards wages.

Hi, this was discussed at the FF last week.

No final decision has been made on any closures, but the thought behind it is so that fans are closer together, resulting in an improved atmosphere. It hasn't really got anything to do with cost saving.

They want to balance this against the possibility of upsetting supporters and possible non-renewals. It does seem they won't be able to win either way on this one despite the good intentions. So it's a case of wait and see I suppose. Personally, a part of the JW stand would be the better option as those affected could be re-located to a similar seat on the opposite half of the stand (I repeat, that is just a personal view).

ST details will be released once we know what division we will be in next season, though we probably know the answer to that already following the Yeovil game.

Precisely my thoughts. I've had seats in the jw upper and lower, the riverside, bbe lower and the Darwen end and I really didn't enjoy any of them as much as sitting in the family stand where it is now. My husband is already suggesting getting sale sharks season tickets next season when they move their matches to Saturdays and having to move seats might for him be the final deciding factor. I like the fact that most of the people around us do not resort to bad language which I still find unpleasant in the extreme despite being a teacher and hearing plenty of it around school. I like the fact that people who sit in there are generally pleasant and that I've watched their kids grow up from toddlers to young men and women. I don't see how cutting a bit off the bill there would help our overall financial structure at all. Why alienate more folks to save pennies?

Hi, this was discussed at the FF last week.

No final decision has been made on any closures, but the thought behind it is so that fans are closer together, resulting in an improved atmosphere. It hasn't really got anything to do with cost saving.

They want to balance this against the possibility of upsetting supporters and possible non-renewals. It does seem they won't be able to win either way on this one despite the good intentions. So it's a case of wait and see I suppose. Personally, a part of the JW stand would be the better option as those affected could be re-located to a similar seat on the opposite half of the stand (I repeat, that is just a personal view).

ST details will be released once we know what division we will be in next season, though we probably know the answer to that already following the Yeovil game.

Pack us like sardines but the atmosphere won't be improved until the lube go.

Archived