BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfers - In & Out

Just saw Lewis Grabban moving to Cardiff for 3 million. Watched his goal against us for Bournemouth this year - I hope we aren't relying too much on Jason Lowe and Paul Robinson to get us promoted this year. Lowe backs off and backs off until he is level with the defence, Robinson takes an age to get down to it.

I think work needs to be done before we can be confident of promotion!

That's why Lowe is so poor at being a defensive mid as that's his trademark. Couldn't tackle a standing object.

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

So if Feeney goes to Bolton will there be mass uproar from their supporters about them signing a player who isn't good enough? I doubt that very much.

I won't be disappointed if we don't sign him but there must be something about him if both Blackburn and Bolton are keen on signing him. Unless Rovers supporters have seen more from his five substitute appearances than both Bowyer and Freedman.

Bolton fans were disappointed he came to us on loan by all accounts.

I'd hardly call it uproar if he signed, but, do you really think he offers anything that Marshall, Taylor or King don't?

If Robbo was to leave then the Yeovil keeper Marek Stech is out of contract and has said that he wants to stay in the Championship, whenever I have seen him play he has always impressed me. Pleased that we have missed out on Feeney as we can do far better than him and Alex Bruce would be a good signing as he is experienced at this level and he would be solid back up to Hanley and Kilgallon.

I think we need replacment at centre back not a back up, the amount of goals conceeded last season was atrocious at times, once Dann left.

A couple of ambitious targets (but worth asking about) would be some season long loans from the big clubs. The likes of

Patrick Bamford - Forward, excellent at Derby

Thorgan Hazard - Eden's brother, will need a year in English football

Lucas Piazon, needs English football experience. Played against Rovers in FA Youth Cup Final

Patrick van Aanholt, another with no English football experience.

Andre Wisdom, Right back on loan at Derby, would be an upgrade

Michael Keane, Was terrific for us last season

Will Keane, Michael's brother, tidy player, would no doubt relish the chance to play with his brother. At QPR on loan this season

Jesse Lingard, Has been on loan at Birmingham and Brighton, a real threat at this level.

Federico Macheda, scored goals for both Birmingham and Doncaster, would be a great #3 striker at this level

Emyr Huws, talented young midfielder from City

Tom Carroll, been at QPR this season, good young attacking midfielder, suited to a 4-5-1 formation playing 'in the hole'

That's why Lowe is so poor at being a defensive mid as that's his trademark. Couldn't tackle a standing object.

An attempted tackle would have at least put the guy off - but Lowe just backs away. He doesn't think to go and engage the attacking player.

I know it's only one instance, but you can see why opposition teams cut through our Lowe / Williamson midfield

Anybody interested in seeing us give Rochina one final chance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely. We need a touch of class.

I think we need replacment at centre back not a back up, the amount of goals conceeded last season was atrocious at times, once Dann left.

Signing back ups is never a good idea. Sign someone better than the one you have is the way to go.

A couple of ambitious targets (but worth asking about) would be some season long loans from the big clubs. The likes of

Patrick Bamford - Forward, excellent at Derby

Thorgan Hazard - Eden's brother, will need a year in English football

Lucas Piazon, needs English football experience. Played against Rovers in FA Youth Cup Final

Patrick van Aanholt, another with no English football experience.

Andre Wisdom, Right back on loan at Derby, would be an upgrade

Michael Keane, Was terrific for us last season

Will Keane, Michael's brother, tidy player, would no doubt relish the chance to play with his brother. At QPR on loan this season

Jesse Lingard, Has been on loan at Birmingham and Brighton, a real threat at this level.

Federico Macheda, scored goals for both Birmingham and Doncaster, would be a great #3 striker at this level

Emyr Huws, talented young midfielder from City

Tom Carroll, been at QPR this season, good young attacking midfielder, suited to a 4-5-1 formation playing 'in the hole'

van Gaal won't count on young talent besides Januzaj I think. He is there for instant results. Lingaard and both Keane's in for loan please.

Anybody interested in seeing us give Rochina one final chance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we are better suited for him now. He always played in a 4-5-1 behind rhodes and it didnt always work. Played as a striker in our now 4-4-2 I reckon he'd be way more of a threat

Obviously wages are going to be the main factor though so I think he's gone, but just on football and taking finance out of it I'd love him to get a final chance

Just saw Lewis Grabban moving to Cardiff for 3 million. Watched his goal against us for Bournemouth this year - I hope we aren't relying too much on Jason Lowe and Paul Robinson to get us promoted this year. Lowe backs off and backs off until he is level with the defence, Robinson takes an age to get down to it.

I think work needs to be done before we can be confident of promotion!

If we are relying on those two to get us up we can forget it now.

I'm reassured GB is going to Pune to discuss budget, transfers andnext season targets. It means the Raos will continue to support GB and fund the club with promotion mind.

The alternative doesn't bear thinking about.

There was a lot of stupid goals conceded by Rovers when Dann was here.

One is not completely dependant on the other.

at the moment I have no qualms that we will still be in this league for the 15/16 season

Blimey Shaun. Lets see what the summer brings eh? Its a safe bet to assume that at this moment in time. The odds are surely in your favour with that one.

Big year this for bowyer. Clever signings and promotion or at leaat play offs is a real possibility. But fail this season and sign a good few duds and the heat will be on. And rightly so.

The man has my wholehearted support at this moment in time. But, as with any manager, this period is different from the last. Can he kick on and enhance the encouraging signs from last year? I really hope he can because I like the cut of his jib.

I wouldn't mind James Tavernier the Rotherham right back. had a very good game tonight. very attacking. on loan from Newcastle

With Bowyers success rate a lowly 30 % in the transfer market, you're sticking your neck out here for this unknown.

Blimey Shaun. Lets see what the summer brings eh? Its a safe bet to assume that at this moment in time. The odds are surely in your favour with that one.

Big year this for bowyer. Clever signings and promotion or at leaat play offs is a real possibility. But fail this season and sign a good few duds and the heat will be on. And rightly so.

The man has my wholehearted support at this moment in time. But, as with any manager, this period is different from the last. Can he kick on and enhance the encouraging signs from last year? I really hope he can because I like the cut of his jib.

I just have that feeling. irrespective of what the summer holds, and that's purely down to my (irrational it maybe) lack of faith in Gary Bowyer and the (lack of) club structure at board level. We are still a ship firmly without a rudder. We are just in a pocket of dead calm at the moment.

PS. Playoffs without promotion is also a fail. Our finances dictate it.

It really is @#/? or bust this season

Sell/release:

Alex Marrow

Chris Taylor

Leon Best

David Goodwillie

Josh Morris

Nuno Henrique

Jordan Slew

Paulo Jorge

Dickson Etuhu

Robbie Cotton