BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

GOLF

• Backroom

Played 45 holes over this weekend at Formby Hall and it's really whetted my appetite for the great sport once again. Especially with it being a Ryder Cup year :D Can't afford a membership without giving up my SeasonTicket, but I could afford to play properly once or twice a month if the Green Fees are reasonable.

Anyone know of any local gem courses?

Any other golf chat wanted?

Played 45 holes over this weekend at Formby Hall and it's really whetted my appetite for the great sport once again. Especially with it being a Ryder Cup year :D Can't afford a membership without giving up my SeasonTicket, but I could afford to play properly once or twice a month if the Green Fees are reasonable.

If you can play during the week the worlds your oyster. Darwen's a tough track and physically demanding but Dunscar's OK and only just over th'ill. We used to ring em up on occasional weekdays and ask cheekily if they did '2 for 1's. They didn't but said if we went they'd match it. Most clubs will 'deal' these days since Sky Sports screwed golf in this country over. New ones like Mitton Fold and Oak Royal are on the look out for new memebers all the tim.

As far as 'pay and play' municipals there's Townley, Duxbury Park and Marsden Park

• Backroom

If you can play during the week the worlds your oyster. Darwen's a tough track and physically demanding but Dunscar's OK and only just over th'ill. We used to ring em up on occasional weekdays and ask cheekily if they did '2 for 1's. They didn't but said if we went they'd match it. Most clubs will 'deal' these days since Sky Sports screwed golf in this country over. New ones like Mitton Fold and Oak Royal are on the look out for new memebers all the tim.

As far as 'pay and play' municipals there's Townley, Duxbury Park and Marsden Park

I've been convinced to go back to Darwen as a member next year :) But until then, I'll be making weekly or so trips to Samlesbury Driving Range (also has a par 3 9-holer) and probably monthly trips to different courses in the area. I live just shy of Bull Hill so no course is out of reach :)

You a member at Darwen, Drog? Just cos it's the first one you mentioned. I might even know you already :P

Guest Norbert

The work of the Devil. Golf courses should be tax free to builders if they build new social housing on them.

Better not let Al see this!

Played today, bit wet underfoot, but not bad. Lovely sunny autumn afternoon, light winds, but unfortunately very little run (helps my game no end).

Off to Nowra (two hours south of Sydney) on Thursday with a group of 16 from our social golf club. Overnight stay, play two courses, bit of a knees up on thursday evening. Good stuff.

One of the best things about golf in Australia is that you can play year round. Magic.

I've been convinced to go back to Darwen as a member next year :) But until then, I'll be making weekly or so trips to Samlesbury Driving Range (also has a par 3 9-holer) and probably monthly trips to different courses in the area. I live just shy of Bull Hill so no course is out of reach :)

You a member at Darwen, Drog? Just cos it's the first one you mentioned. I might even know you already :P

No I'm not. I don't have the necessary physical attributes...... Unfortunately both my legs are the same length!

• Backroom

I don't mind Golf and wouldn't mind playing a bit but I'm bloody woeful at it and couldn't find the time just at the moment to get less terrible

I've used this website a few times to book a few different courses. You can find some quite cheap deals.

http://www.teeofftimes.co.uk/

Guest Norbert

Don't bother, Al throws his toys out of the pram if anyone slags off golf. Personal insults, questioning your intelligence, the lot.

Tried to reply from Lanzarote but my tablet decided it was Spanish and the spell checker changed all my words to Spanish ones.

Situation is that I broke my left elbow and am just beginning to be able to swing again but a lot shorter than it was. Now I have developed a foot problem called Plantar Fasciitis and can only walk about 9 holes so I am not available for the time being.

By the way Otto Man, I am prevented by the mods from making derogatory remarks about WWE so I would expect similar respect about my chosen sport especially tired old chestnuts about walks spoiled. Personally I can see no great pleasure in walking for it's own sake.