BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

GOLF

Tried to reply from Lanzarote but my tablet decided it was Spanish and the spell checker changed all my words to Spanish ones.

Situation is that I broke my left elbow and am just beginning to be able to swing again but a lot shorter than it was. Now I have developed a foot problem called Plantar Fasciitis and can only walk about 9 holes so I am not available for the time being.

By the way Otto Man, I am prevented by the mods from making derogatory remarks about WWE so I would expect similar respect about my chosen sport especially tired old chestnuts about walks spoiled. Personally I can see no great pleasure in walking for it's own sake.

I'd have thought a man of your age would have been able to take someone else's good natured opinion of their sport. Obviously I touched a nerve there!

Edited by otto man

I'd have thought a man of your age would have been able to take someone else's good natured opinion of their sport. Obviously I touched a nerve there!

I can take others opinions so long as they can take it back.

• 11 months later...

Just joined Accrington as a full member for 450 quid for the year and 50 for my son.

Superb value as most clubs are charging at least 700 for the year and most are over 800. Accy is a lovely course these days too, used to play there quite regularly about 20 years ago and the young trees from then have blossomed and really enhanced it.

Played Pleasington too a couple of weeks ago on a deal from teeofftimes.co.uk, 25 quid for a Friday afternoon. A great place to play, will be looking to join in the next few years if I can squirrel enough cash away!!

Edited by LDRover

• Moderation Lead

I'm going to get back into it this summer, played loads as a kid but then lapsed and prioritised playing footy.....

My Dad's become Club Captain at Stonyhurst now, so I'll get a few rounds in up there once I've got some practice in!!

• Like 1

I'm going to get back into it this summer, played loads as a kid but then lapsed and prioritised playing footy.....

My Dad's become Club Captain at Stonyhurst now, so I'll get a few rounds in up there once I've got some practice in!!

I quite like Stonyhurst but they have no proper club house. What's wrong with Bash?

• Moderation Lead

I quite like Stonyhurst but they have no proper club house. What's wrong with Bash?

Nowt, it's very close to where I live as well, his mates all play and live over that way, so I think that's been the connection with Stonyhurst!

I've often made the same observation about the lack of clubhouse- they tend to either use the college or the Bayley Arms in Hurst Green.

I'm going to put in some hours at the range and putting green before having a proper round or membership!

Edited by K-Hod

Never mind golf, footgolf is where it's at these days ;)

Maybe they aren't going to cancel the masters for it, but on Saturday a group of us from here went playing footgolf at Euxton. They've converted the old 9 hole golf course into a footgolf course. Was really busy, so I guess the change has paid off for them because it was never that busy as a golf course.

Really good fun, good for a group of mates or kids. I came second, which I was quite pleased with, it's harder than it looks!

Never mind golf, footgolf is where it's at these days ;)

Maybe they aren't going to cancel the masters for it, but on Saturday a group of us from here went playing footgolf at Euxton. They've converted the old 9 hole golf course into a footgolf course. Was really busy, so I guess the change has paid off for them because it was never that busy as a golf course.

Really good fun, good for a group of mates or kids. I came second, which I was quite pleased with, it's harder than it looks!

that really is too much info to be honest.
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • Backroom

Seriously, are we going to try and get some kind of golf day off the ground? Be a great social thing for the mb to do.

We need to do more meetups, which will also have the added benefit of stopping some of the bickering on here. You're less likely to argue if you can put the face to the name.

It's why I've stopped calling Tom M a shortarse ;)

Do they allow Zimmer frames and mobility scooters on golf courses?

sorry Mike I want go on further,

golfs not my bag at all, but I'm sure you'd be able to get a few people interested.

They allow buggies but try to ban prats like you.

They allow buggies but try to ban prats like you.

Correct but just as a one of the prats could caddy Al!

btw..They'd not be welcome in the clubhouse afterwards of course. Limited to pop and crisps in the car. ;)

Edited by thenodrog
  • Like 1

Correct but just as a one off the prats could caddy Al!

btw..They'd not be welcome in the clubhouse afterwards of course. Limited to pop and crisps in the car. ;)

But could he cope with my electric trolley? :)

I've been on PM with Mike and suggested that if we can get enough people interested I might be able to organise a golf day at my club (Baxenden) with reserved tee times and a meal in the club house afterwards. Before I approach the club I would need to know with some certainty how many want to take part. Bear in mind that this is a private golf club and a certain dress code is necessary. No denim jeans on the course and collared T shirts etc. Spiked shoes preferred. Please let me know by PM if you are interested. Please be sure as I need to know numbers. Ladies also welcomed goes without saying.

Further to the above if anybody wants to play but has no clubs I have a spare set that I could lend you but you would need a putter and a bag. Just a thought if it helps.