BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rudy goes on a shopping spree

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/11202959.SOLD_OUT__Rovers_ace_Gestede_buys_his_own_shirts_from_club_shop/?ref=var_0

Certainly on his way to becoming a cult hero

"get the ball crossed from the left wing

hear the excitement as the crowd sing

watch him leap and do his thing

Rudy can't fail"

inspired by The Clash Rudy can't Fail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwm8fT3llP0

Seems like a thoroughly nice chap.

Really puts the effort in on the pitch even though he gets knocked about, goes round every player before kick-off to motivate them. And he's not a bad player either.

A real find! I hope Leon Best sees Rudy's behavior and thinks about how he conducts himself - doubt it though.

What a top lad! I always wanted 'The Specials- A message to you Rudy' for his song mind!

Ditto. The Gestede T-Shirts even imply this with a reference to the Specials. FFS he even wears the hats! How much more prompting do we need!

I don't know about becoming a cult hero, I think just a hero full stop. Cult heroes are usually those who aren't the greatest but generally just give eveything or have some other likelable trait. Rudy's actually a bloody good player.

This article actually seems to indicate that he's really happy here as well. This can only be good for Rovers. The last few games of the season he was almost unplayable, if he continues this I think we'll be in good shape come next May.

Someone definitely needs to come up with a catchy version of The Specials - Rudy, for him.

Seems like a top bloke, hopefully he'll get a lot more goals next year. I've been catching up on the highlights from recent games - Rudy is so dangerous on crosses!

Top bloke:-"Stop your messing aroundBetter think of your futureTime to straighten right outNow you've joined the Rovers...ah ah ahRudy, a message to you Rudy"Dandy Livingstine 1967

I've still got that original 45 from Dandy! Pretty sure I bought it in 1965. A great song and would love to see it sung for Gestede.

I've still got that original 45 from Dandy! Pretty sure I bought it in 1965. A great song and would love to see it sung for Gestede.

Yes an absolute classic. And people think it was The Specials that did it. Know your history.

Archived