BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] England World Cup Squad.

• Moderation Lead

That's far from being forgotten Shaun (particularly when you consider how much England fans will have paid to be there for tickets/flights, not to mention annual leave). But, all the squad were rubbish in that tournament, not just Rooney.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yet Rovers fans criticise Rhodes for doing the exact opposite.

Still, when you score as many goals as Rooney has for his country he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

On the game itself, it's about as dull a 6-0 win as you will ever see. England were awful for most of the match.

Still no excuse. What is Rooney goal record against the minnows? I bet its a good chunk of his goals, as will ones in friendlies. One goal in a world cup finals sums him up. Over rated.

Not sure Rooney and Rhodes are comparable tbh Stuart but in retort to Shaun's point about Rooney there is suggestion that JR regularly fails against better opposition.

Not sure Rooney and Rhodes are comparable tbh Stuart but in retort to Shaun's point about Rooney there is suggestion that JR regularly fails against better opposition.

There is? The majority of the division was better than us in 2012/13 and Rhodesy bagged against a load of em.

I was getting ahead of myself earlier and checked what our Easter fixtures were. To my disgust I found there are no Premier League or Championship fixtures due to Internationals. I might be wrong but I think the majority of fans in England would take club over country and will share my disappointment.

This is outrageous! The Christmas and Easter club fixtures should be sacrosanct in my view. I notice we then have 7 league games in April, many of which will be unattainable for those people who work for a living.

The internationals can only be friendly games as well.

No wonder folk are getting disillusioned with football.

Well at least we're not Dutch. I dunno what the @#/? has happened to their team.

Their group isn't as @#/? poor as ours, but still.........they will struggle to finish in 3rd place, that's pretty grim!!!

Oh my! What the hell has happened to his lovely locks? He looks more Steven Ireland than Elton John.

There is something deeply ironic about people banging on about how "classless" a player or celebrity is using language like this. I doubt Rooney spends his time on internet message boards calling people chavs...

Anyhow, while he's no great, if you average it out he's been England's best player for the last ten years. If we didnt have him we'd be much worse off.

Has anyone got the all time england "finals only" (ie only counts goals scored in the final tournament, not friendlies or qualifiers) top scorer list.

Lineker must head that right?

If Rooney has been the best player we are really in the smelly stuff.

England are bucking mince, I really fear for us at the euros, watching Germany yesterday was a pleasure, every player comfortable on the ball, intricate passing moves, all England do is hoof it into Rooney hoping for the best, dire, DIRE!!! I can't remember the last time iI put an England game on without turning it off. Get milner off as well he's absolute @#/?!!!

England aren't great, but very few footballing nations are right now. You only need one superb player like Bale in your team and it's enough to catapult you up the rankings!

Agreed, thats why we qualify easily, then find ourselves floundering as we haven't played a competitive game for 2 years.

We seem to have no real pattern of play, I also worry when average Jon-jo Shelveys are getting a game.

• Moderation Lead

I think Shelvey needs to get more of a chance myself, he's created the most chances of any player so far this season in the PL I think.

I really like both fullbacks at the minute, Shaw in particular.

• Backroom

Here's hoping DE.

Khod, I'd agree with that. I think Shelvey showed some nativity a couple of times tonight but that should improve with experience.

I rate him, does a cracking job for Swansea.

Jesus! We can't be asking miracles of the lad. At least he's not had a baptism of fire though, being allowed to test the water before walking on it.

A lot of nice easy countries in Rooney's scored against list that weren't around in Bobby's day.

The counter argument would be that opposition teams are better skilled, coached and tactically aware than in Bobbys day.

Different times....

Archived