BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tim Sherwood Leaves Spurs

Like Pepe Mel leaving West Brom, this was no surprise at all. Been on the cards for ages.

Just West Ham to make a poor choice in binning Sam off and we are done for the summer merry go round. Unless Ashley decides to bow to fan pressure and axes Pardew.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talksport have him going to Brighton...... not that what they broadcast means owt.

he is odds on favourite with the bookmakers for brighton job and was odds on favourite as soon as the job was available.

but his odds for west brom job are closing in fast. now 4/1 or 7/2 with some bookmakers

IMO, I wouldn't expect him to be without a club for long. give it 2 weeks before he has a new club

• Moderation Lead

Newcastle and West Ham fans have VERY short memories where their managers are concerned.

Don't recall WHU fans complaining when Allardyce got them promoted. Goons with delusions of grandeur the lot of them.

I can't wait to see West Spam relegated next season, having done away with a manager who will guarantee their little team Premier League football year after year.

Who do the fans think they are?

They're lucky to be in the top division as it is.

• Backroom

West Ham have to service a £70 million debt over the next 2 years, sacking Sam (who basically guarantees PL football) would represent a risk to them.

Sullivan and Gold have always fully backed Allardyce for precisely this reason. If they sack him now it'll go against every bit of business sense they have - I'm not convinced he'll go.

West Ham have to service a £70 million debt over the next 2 years, sacking Sam (who basically guarantees PL football) would represent a risk to them.

Hope they pot him then and go down. He'll very quickly get another job whilst they flounder, always looked on them as a bit of a yo yo club anyway not this big football institution they regard themselves as.

So in two days since the season ended that's West Brom and Spurs who have sacked their managers. Along with Man Utd and Norwich who have fired theirs in the last few weeks.

If the media rumours have any substance to them then its not looking good for Allardyce at West Ham. Nor are Pardew, Lambert or Pochettino looking too great either.

The managerial merry go round is getting beyond a joke. Its now got to the stage where you are an unusual club if you don't change manager at least once a season. Since the end of the 2012-13 season only seven managers are still in place. Of the 13 clubs to have changed managers since then, Fulham, Norwich, Spurs, United and WBA are all onto their second appointments.

Sherwood has done an OK job in his short time at Spurs, and with an impressive win percentage has done enough to deserve a chance to have a pre-season and a shot at next year. But because Spurs are in the group of deluded clubs along with Newcastle and West Ham they think they are too good to be giving a young British manager an opportunity. Its far more fashionable to go out and appoint some foreign head coach who won't know anywhere near as much about the Premier League or English football as someone like Sherwood. Spurs for some reason think they should be getting in the top four every year. Quite why they think they are better than 6th in the League and the likes of Everton, United and Arsenal I'm not sure. They are, like Everton, a top seven side who aspire to one day reach the top four, but are in a different league to the likes of City, Chelsea, United and Arsenal.

Sherwood has conducted himself very well and has been hung out to dry by an unprofessional club. Sherwood will get another job somewhere and will probably do well. Spurs will be in exactly the same position in 12 months time probably looking for another coach after their latest experiment fails to deliver.

West Ham meanwhile are in a very dangerous position. They only survived this season by a narrow margin despite having Allardyce in charge with his expertise at keeping teams up. They can't afford to go down with their debts and are soon to be given a big new stadium by the government. They have a bunch of supporters who genuinely believe they are a big club and this myth that they have always and should always play good football. They are hysterical, and if they give Sam the boot with any luck they will get relegated and end up playing Leyton Orient in the Olympic stadium.

Yeah he did, but if he hadn't have gone when he did he would probably have relegated us. I don't know why things went so badly wrong but they did.

Tactically naive, no belief in sports science, and ended up fighting with most of the players on the training pitch was his downfall.

Did a fantastic job for us though, signed some cracking players.

Don't recall WHU fans complaining when Allardyce got them promoted. Goons with delusions of grandeur the lot of them.

A significant number of supporters have been calling for his head since half way through the promotion campaign. The number has grown since the return to the premiership and it now looks like they'll get what they want.

I can't wait to see West Spam relegated next season, having done away with a manager who will guarantee their little team Premier League football year after year.

Who do the fans think they are?

They're lucky to be in the top division as it is.

I'm sick of hearing about playing the "West Ham Way". They've not played like that in 40 years.

If the media rumours have any substance to them then its not looking good for Allardyce at West Ham. Nor are Pardew, Lambert or Pochettino looking too great either.

Pochettino isn't going to get sacked. Poached by Spurs maybe.

Can't see the point in sacking Lambert either now Villa are up for sale. Might get binned off once they get taken over though.

But I agree, the managerial merry go round is a joke.

Newcastle and West Ham fans have VERY short memories where their managers are concerned.

Not much different around these parts is it? Not two years after the near disaster that was Paul ince thousands in the cheap seats were clamouring for the head of the bloke who rescued the club from that godawful mess.

Can't see the point in sacking Lambert either now Villa are up for sale. Might get binned off once they get taken over though .

Maybe not but I can see the point in Lambert's agent putting out feelers at managerless clubs. He'd be well advised to jump before he is pushed.

A significant number of supporters have been calling for his head since half way through the promotion campaign. The number has grown since the return to the premiership and it now looks like they'll get what they want.

We can but hope they pot him. I've never ever liked west ham.

I'm sick of hearing about playing the "West Ham Way". They've not played like that in 40 years.

50 Nate.... That's when we stuffed em 8-2 on their manor!

• Moderation Lead

Not much different around these parts is it? Not two years after the near disaster that was Paul ince thousands in the cheap seats were clamouring for the head of the bloke who rescued the club from that godawful mess.

Maybe not but I can see the point in Lambert's agent putting out feelers at managerless clubs. He'd be well advised to jump before he is pushed.

We can but hope they pot him. I've never ever liked west ham.

50 Nate.... That's when we stuffed em 8-2 on their manor!

I'd suggest it is, though admittedly, every club has clueless elements amongst their fanbase....

WHU fans are amongst the worst in the country for their levels of delusion! 'We won the World Cup'- shut up you gobby cockney upstarts you won nothing.

Just the usual newspaper tittle tattle for me this one. Levi is one of the more astute Premiership Chairmen and wouldn't allow a player revolt dictate who manages the club and who doesn't.

I think Sherwood is simply a victim of the Spurs 'massive club syndrome' he's simply not a big enough name to fill the position, and that's why he was given the role/exposure for part of last season and now they both move on the best of mates.

• Moderation Lead

I really don't think Spurs have any right to think they should be doing better than 6th. They're probably about on a par with Everton, but other than that, do they really think they've a better side than any of the teams above them?? :blink:

For the amount of money spent and quality of players they have bought they should be top four. It is, at least on paper, a very good squad. The issue is a total lack of leadership. I feel Levy is partly to blame for this as he keeps on undermining his own mangers.

Archived