BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pune Meeting update in the today's LT

You cannot be honestly suggesting that the drop in attendance between 2011/12 and 2012/13 was all simply down to Kean, Raos and boycotters?

Yea sure, I missed some matches because of it - I'm sure many others will have genuinely found it hard to go to Ewood due to the incumbents of the time - But let us not hide the FACT that 1000s will have used the boycott excuse, when they had no intention of following the club at that level.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You cannot be honestly suggesting that the drop in attendance between 2011/12 and 2012/13 was all simply down to Kean, Raos and boycotters?

Yea sure, I missed some matches because of it - I'm sure many others will have genuinely found it hard to go to Ewood due to the incumbents of the time - But let us not hide the FACT that 1000s will have used the boycott excuse, when they had no intention of following the club at that level.

And yet our own history showed things were very different under the Walkers. We've been here before and not that long ago, circa 18K then and about 12K now. All that changed was those you have named.

Good to see Alan justifying his salary with this 'story'... why not just get a university intern in to do the job? There is no 'communication' going on anyway, so why have a communications director?

Hopefully we'll see some actual quotes from the owners expressing at least an acknowledgement of their mistakes.

Maybe they'll do an interview with the Everton Fanzine?

Ouch!

Anyway, didn't Mr Everton pen articles for Dan Clough a few weeks ago?

And yet our own history showed things were very different under the Walkers. We've been here before and not that long ago, circa 18K then and about 12K now. All that changed was those you have named.

2001-2002 25.976 Premier League/Level 1

2000-2001 20.740 Championship/Level 2

1999-2000 19.253 Championship/Level 2
1998-1999 25.764 Premier League/Level 1

We lost 6k average on relegation, and they returned the year we came back.

Can't all be away fans!

1992-1993 16.247 Premier League/Level 1

1991-1992 13.250 Division 2/Level 2

1990-1991 8.100 Division 2/Level 2

And the difference when we had a smell of money?

Can't all be away fans!

This was your point.

All that changed was the owners/staff you mentioned and all you have done with the reply is highlight we have the potential to fall further than we already have under them. Thanks for supporting my point and adding to it!

Can't all be away fans!

The averages in the 1 st Prem season were affected because of capacity. circa 15k home fans allowed on and many times that was full. 90/91 was pretty standard for a few clubs back then.

Perhaps Bowyer has done a Kean and told the owners automatic promotion wasn't achieved because of the lack of dew on the pitch hence the increased funding for the pitches.

In all seriousness It sounds like they are happy to take the financial hit of another season outside the Premier League though I do expect this to be their last season of willing to do this. They have to therefore hope their man is the right one, personally I think it's going to end in tears.

Not going to get into the argument about fan power on results (a complete myth) and the decision of fans to stay away. People have made their own choice let's just respect that.

This was your point.

All that changed was the owners/staff you mentioned and all you have done with the reply is highlight we have the potential to fall further than we already have under them. Thanks for supporting my point and adding to it!

I'm pretty sure my point was we will lose fans when we drop levels, regardless of what's going on. I think a number of those who "boycotted" dressed up their reasons.

None of this is relevant to the debate though so apologies.

I'm pretty sure my point was we will lose fans when we drop levels, regardless of what's going on. I think a number of those who "boycotted" dressed up their reasons.

None of this is relevant to the debate though so apologies.

This numpty of an Everton fan says they recognise the progress and stability and patience is required. Aye ok.

Lets p1sh away 2 yrs of parachutes advantage, lose £36m last year, another £25m this year and never break into the top 6 in a poor , poor division and call it progress then shall we??? FFS !!!

What would a bad situation look like then?? On target losses for 2 season equals £60million plus and its ''stability and progress''. Jesus Hector Christ.

The main thread of the LT story to my mind is the praise for them in committing £300k to new turf and a feckin sprinkler. Mind you I'd rather have the sprinkler in the squad than Feeney , who thank god has been ''snapped up'' by Bolton.

What an absolute charade from top to bottom; just that we have changed the actors a bit in Blackburn recently but same old sh1te.

Rangers barely exist anymore? Now here's me thinking they've walked their League for 2 years in row. As for Pompey, flourishing under local trust ownership, read the article I posted recently----bigger crowds than ours by the way.

You have no idea what you are talking about and that goes for the "Venkys necessary evil" bit as well.

Just a thought, before you go on lambasting fellow supporters and talk of Portsmouth with the the bigger crowd bullshit, remember the catchment areas of both clubs, in reality we are very very well supported, so maybe you along with the usual names who have agreed with your comments in this instance, "don't know what your are talking about".

Can't understand why people are happy at them building massive debt ? I just want them gone and like I've said before start afresh wherever

Agree fully.

The club can't start to recover until they've Keaned off back under the rock they came from.

Agree fully.

The club can't start to recover until they've Keaned off back under the rock they came from.

The current owners have shafted the club down a peg. Why would you want to lose all the other pegs, the stadium, the name, the history, the trophies and anything else related to Blackburn Rovers just because you don't want someone to own us?

Surely the best scenario is they get us promoted, back in the black and with a (3/4) full stadium? It's not probable, but it's a damn sight much more attractive of a prospect than the other I pointed out.

Find it incredulous that a 'business review'/'planning' meeting takes place in Pune without the MD and FD.

When the holding company accounts are published (due before 30 Sept) followed by the football club accounts (due before 31 Dec), I would suggest you take a deep breath before reading.

Think the priority will be to try and bump up season ticket sales before the bad news is delivered followed by the sale of Hanley and/or Rhodes.

Find it incredulous that a 'business review'/'planning' meeting takes place in Pune without the MD and FD.

When the holding company accounts are published (due before 30 Sept) followed by the football club accounts (due before 31 Dec), I would suggest you take a deep breath before reading.

Think the priority will be to try and bump up season ticket sales before the bad news is delivered followed by the sale of Hanley and/or Rhodes.

Please just don't mention them going to Bolton or Wigan this close season :)

It's fortunate that if performances continue we will at least have other assets such as Cairney, Gestede, Marshall, Evans, Lowe etc. The future for Blackburn Rovers in this financial climate, regardless of ownership or debt would revolve around selling players and creating our own so it will be no suprise if either are sold in the summer or if we are not in a strong position at Christmas.

Please just don't mention them going to Bolton or Wigan this close season :)

Ditto :)

The current owners have shafted the club down a peg. Why would you want to lose all the other pegs, the stadium, the name, the history, the trophies and anything else related to Blackburn Rovers just because you don't want someone to own us?

Surely the best scenario is they get us promoted, back in the black and with a (3/4) full stadium? It's not probable, but it's a damn sight much more attractive of a prospect than the other I pointed out.

And if they don't ? And liquidation comes because of stupidity then what?

And if they don't ? And liquidation comes because of stupidity then what?

Then you will be happy apparently because they will have left!

I personally will be gutted and will feel like I've lost a limb (which is what I am sure you will also feel regardless of me pointing out the "banging your head against a wall" you carry on)

Thanks Chaddy, and Give it a break lads!! YES we know that Venkys have been crap owners...Steve Kean, Shebby Singh and player sales.

But the FACT is that WITHOUT their continued financial support of which they will likely never get back the we are Pompy, we're Rangers or any number of teams that barely exist anymore!

The only people who are brainwashed are those of us who cannot see that without their backing we are doomed And NO ONE has the cash to prevent it!

I despise what the Venkys have done to my club but they are now a necessary evil.

thanks Mani.

some good points made there

Thanks for the little update chaddy, I dont buy papers and the LT website doesn't post its football stories until after lunch normally(not that they ever have anything of substance o say these days)

thanks TJ. anytime mate.

Can't understand why people are happy at them building massive debt ? I just want them gone and like I've said before start afresh wherever

the 21 million pounds they have just recently put into the club was done through Shares and not any loans. (I think this is correct but might be wrong)

Mercerman, nice to see you posted again.

I see the Bowyer meeting with the owners more has a football players review/planning meeting than business review.

talking about who Bowyer want to sell/let go and who he us targeting depending on the budget the owners give him.

I will be renewing my season ticket whatever happens with regards to the buying or selling of players.

I can see all sides of the argument.

What is clear is that no matter what, Venkys are backing the team that is being assembled by GB and his staff, otherwise we would have seen Rhodes and the like being put up for sale such is their no nonsense approach (or has been).

Without them we are busted so no matter whether you like, hate, despise or whatever, the owners are behind the team which says to me, we get behind as one.

The club is and has to be the priority.

Who knows, if we go up there is an immediate windfall of circa £130m added to 4 more years totalling £65m, that simply wipes out all of the accrued debt and puts the club on an even keel. Its then that we will see a movement of the Venkys, if there is to be one.

For the time being, move on together, after all we could be in the shoes of Leeds fans !

You seem to be proud of your ignorance. Rangers have pretty good crowds for a club which barely exist, 42000+ this last season. And they were undefeated in the league all season, which was NOT Div 3!

Since you don't know anything recent about Portsmouth, here's the article I posted a few weeks ago. Not doing too badly eh?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/sep/06/portsmouth-supporters-trust-ownership

Yeah thanks, we'll be in touch mate.

Just a thought, before you go on lambasting fellow supporters and talk of Portsmouth with the the bigger crowd bullshit, remember the catchment areas of both clubs, in reality we are very very well supported, so maybe you along with the usual names who have agreed with your comments in this instance, "don't know what your are talking about".

I accept that, pre-Venky, we were pretty well supported for a town of our size. But, once again, I was replying to someone who said that Rangers barely exist and did not know of recent developments at Portsmouth. You have taken the comments out of context.

As for your "lambasting fellow supporters" the word "disingenuous" comes to mind.

I accept that, pre-Venky, we were pretty well supported for a town of our size. But, once again, I was replying to someone who said that Rangers barely exist and did not know of recent developments at Portsmouth. You have taken the comments out of context.

As for your "lambasting fellow supporters" the word "disingenuous" comes to mind.

Pompey were actually one point out of the relegation spots late in the season with many of their fans thinking they were going to be relegated to the conference. A change in manager resulting in a late upturn in form covered over many cracks. They've had an entirely different squad every year for a number of years and there is no continuity there.

Further more I highly doubt if we were in their position in league 2,fan owned or not we would not be pulling the kind of crowds they do. As has been said it's all about catchment area. There is a lot of pride in the city with the fans owning the club but at the same time go down to fratton park and watch players whom are playing Sunday league standard football and a present but grumbling fan base and it's not the glittering picture your article paints.

Under the fans however I do think they have a brighter future than the crooks who've been passing them around of late and I agree there can be life post venkys. For pompey it just hasn't quite kicked into gear yet.

Under the fans however I do think they have a brighter future than the crooks who've been passing them around of late and I agree there can be life post venkys. For pompey it just hasn't quite kicked into gear yet.

The important bit!

Good grief why the superior word.

Archived