BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pune Meeting update in the today's LT

Yes we appear to have lost (roughly) an extra 5,000 fans because of these owners, against our last relegation.

That's of course if you believe the official figures for last season, many don't.

I think that part of the reason also was that last time we were relegated we believed we had a good chance of bouncing straight back. This time we did not feel the same way.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Find it incredulous that a 'business review'/'planning' meeting takes place in Pune without the MD and FD.

When the holding company accounts are published (due before 30 Sept) followed by the football club accounts (due before 31 Dec), I would suggest you take a deep breath before reading.

Think the priority will be to try and bump up season ticket sales before the bad news is delivered followed by the sale of Hanley and/or Rhodes.

I seem to remember similar negative predictions that never came to fruition last year. When it didn't happen you shut up for a while. Please don't start the same scare mongering again.

Goodness the PR we're having is so shallow and pathetic it's untrue. Hurray we have pitches!

Others have pointed out some glaringly huge problems that aren't talked about - the massive debt, the manager reporting to the owners, how loathed Venkys rightly are and how much it affects the team's support.

Just to add though to all this stability PR bull - stability isn't needed, progress and improvement are.

And if they don't ? And liquidation comes because of stupidity then what?

Then we realise that it would have been far better to chase the owners out of town rather than a muppet manager.

If we had chased our owners out of town a couple of years ago we would have been starting again with much less debt.

As for Rovers - 4th Highest turnover in the league with the second highest wage bill, I presume the turnover included the 16 mill parachute payment?

Over a third of the clubs director costs were in payoffs, looking at some of the other club director costs hope ours are going to lead by example and reducing what they take from the club, as well as pay back monies they have lost

Archived